User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: dlee's different "I love international mail" train: FULL!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Expired
    hello everyone! with sadness I'm taking a break from coupon trains till august, so here's one last train so I can remain connected with you all.

trade rating of 25+ or if you've traded with me before.

I love mail! especially international mail!

this train is for anyone who enjoys getting mail from different parts of the world! please read story and "rules" and let me know if you would like to join this train.

the story:

last year I decided to go back to school. part of this program, requires me to do a 3 month practicum to get my degree. a few months ago, I was offered the opportunity of a lifetime...
    3.5 months in uganda, africa working directly with the large HIV/AIDS community on a collaborative community project that hopes to raise support for their families and to help them write their living wills in preparation for the toil that the illness may take on their lives and their families. it is an honour to be a part of this project and to be able to help people who are less fortunate than us in north america. I am nervous but super excited! the "downside" is the financial cost as I am asked to pay for the practicum out of my own pocket. which is why over the past 6 months,I've saved and couponed and thanks to smart canucks, bought enough non-perishables for my family to be taken care of for the months that I'm away.

firstly, I want to thank you to all the smart canucks that have helped me along the way. I have appreciated it so much. I began to think about how SC can still be a part of my life while I am away and also how more people can be a support to me as I go.

so what's the train?

all this being said, I have a ton of coupons to give away. I'd love to be able to send them to people who will really use them. they are all expirations from april-august. since I am going away, I will sadly not be able to use them. I have bundled them in groups of $50-75+ worth of coupons and they are ready to send. I will send one of these bundles out to you when you pm me your address.

the second thing I will send is a postcard from uganda, africa. this will be sent while I am there and will tell you about what I am doing. I love getting international mail and I hope you do too!
    [this will also show you that I am in uganda africa and not just giving a fake story - I can tell you more about the project if you are interested too]

what I am asking in return if you choose to join this train:

when I come back in august, my coupon supply will be depleted and I would've missed out on a fair bit of tearpads and inserts over the past 3.5 months. all I'm asking from you is that if you see a tearpad coupon, you'll grab an extra for me. or if you get an extra insert/flyer that you keep the coupons from it. in the first week of august, I will pm you all when I am coming back and I will ask you to send this in a bundle to me so that when I get back, I will have a stockpile I can work with for trains and to restock my house. I will send my wishlist in the bundle but the coupons but you do not have to go by this list as I would love to get back to trading and trains when I come back too!

***no coupons that expire before august 31 as I won't be able to use it till I get back***

you can choose how generous you want to be: you can send me ten coupons, you can send me 50 coupons, you could even send me no coupons which would mean you get a bundle of coupons and a postcard from africa all as an RAOK (although, I hope you will not choose this option).

Prizes: (only coupons expiring aug31 onwards will be eligible)
    most generous to conductor will receive a $10 gift card from place of choice (SDM, Tim Hortons, Walmart)
    second most generous to conductor will receive a $5 gift card from place of choice (SDM, Tim Hortons, Walmart)
    most coupons from wishlist: $5 gift card from place of choice

so to recap..

what you will get...
    1. $75+ worth of coupons
    2. a postcard from uganda, africa
    [additionally, I need to stop over in hong kong and dubai and am happy to send a postcard from there as well - just let me know]

what I will get...
    whatever you want to give in tearpads/inserts/coupons released between first week of may - first week of august expiring august 31 and onwards. you can choose how generous you want to be and what prizes you want to go for. =)

I know it's a different kind of train, but I want to thank the SC community as well as ask if anyone wants to be a part of this exciting project.

thank you and pm me if interested!

- dlee.

riders:
    1. jbarnaby
    2. Carla54321
    3. mcminsen
    4. anawhatsme
    5. CouponLadybird
    6. big momma
    7. Sabina
    8. hockeypuck
    9. cookcrazy204
    10. Melissa13

pending...
    nattyb
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Hortons, Walmart
    Last edited by dlee; Tue, Mar 6th, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

oh is there room left?
    this is so great!
    love it!!!!!
    If you'd like to open a Tangerine bank account, why not use my orange key
    42420997S1 and we will both receive a $50 bonus! www.tangerine.ca/referafriend/
    (if you use my key, let me know and I will send you a little thank you gift)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

What a fantastic opportunity for you!!

Not sure if there is still room now, but if so, I'd be interested as well.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I'd love a spot if you're still taking people

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

I'll join if there is still room.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

***due to high interest, boarding is paused so I can get my bearings, will pm everyone today to let them know about seats, I am going to fully empty my binder tonight so I will be able to know if I can have more than 7 riders!

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I'm very pleased to help with stocking you back up....

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I would love to join,if there is room

Trading Score
    168 (100%)

Have a wonderful summer dlee!! "See" you in the fall.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Have fun, can't wait to hear all about it in your blog

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Enjoy!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

i am also looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!
    i will live vicariously through you!!
    how exciting!
    If you'd like to open a Tangerine bank account, why not use my orange key
    42420997S1 and we will both receive a $50 bonus! www.tangerine.ca/referafriend/
    (if you use my key, let me know and I will send you a little thank you gift)

Trading Score
    168 (100%)

I rec'd this envy...thanks so much dlee. I'll have an envy tucked away waiting for your return. Off to leave fb.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Thanks dlee for the postcard! You must be having an amazing time. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your journey.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Thanks for another great postcard!

Jmarshall likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information