User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cloth diapers

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by l1o1l1l1y1 View Post
    Thankyou. How much have the kushies cost you so far and how much are the liners per month?
    Sorry! I forgot to reply!

I have about 30 diapers, I don't like to run out! They cost around $50 for a 5 pack, but I asked for them as a baby gift so many were gifts. You can probably get away with 20 diapers, but that just means more frequent washes.

We only use one pack of liners a month - they cost $10. We get away with one pack because we wash and reuse them when they were in a wet diaper. I find the Kushies liners work well for reuse like this.

I am not sure if cloth diapering is that cost effective with only one child, but if you plan on having more children, they are definitly worth the initial expense.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My baby is now 24. I never used anything but cloth and I was in highschool when I had her. mind you in 1987 I sewed them all in Home Ec from cotton and bought rubber pants. I made about 60 and used coupons for Ivory Snow, Borax and corn starch she never had a rash and only used Pampers for DR appointments and visits to others homes lol for me it was alot of work but worth it. OLD SCHOOL lol
    Know your body, know your mind. Know your substance, know your source.
    <!-- / sig -->

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i bought kawaii at 7$ a diaper. but all made in china are the same, just the name changes
    some people like them
    mine leak after 2 hours...
    you are suppose to wash them in soap made for the diapers, I didn't, so maybe I destroyed the material...

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I tried, but it didn't last long.

My daughter was/is a super heavy wetter so no matter what brand of cloth diapers we used and no matter how frequently I changed her, she ALWAYS leaked. It got to the point where at every diaper change also came an outfit change and that was just too much for me so we switched to disposables.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just read, that you have to put them on real tight so they don't leak... I will try and see :/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try adding extra soakers to build up the diaper. This helps with absorbance as well as fit. I bought some doublers, but also made some out of old flannel and fleecy pj's. My home made ones were perfect for making the diapers fit better. But I found the store bough ones were better for car rides and over night.

I think the key with cloth diapers is to continuously adapt them to fit your needs. I have had many problems, such as soaking through and ammonia smells. But a few changes then your good to go, until the next problem of course. I could always give up and use disposables. But I have invested in my diapers and I believe that people managed just fine with out disposables and so can I. Don't get me wrong tho, long days out and other occasions we do use disposables. Like I said, I believe in adaptability!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information