User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Marstec that is correct in order to recieve the floss you have to purchase a mouthwash therefore a coupon is used towards the product for the floss!!

Poodle I disagree with you or you wouldnt need to buy mouthwash at all you would just use the coupon like an FPC. That is no way meant to be done. Plus for ex P&G can deny the claimed amount based on incorrect use which then in turn is a loss to the company. That is right on every coupon that they reserve the right to deny any claims. If companys lose enough why accept coupons at all?

The simple fact is you are using a coupon on the mouthwash to get the floss for free. Therefore if you used a second coupon on the mouthwash it is considered stacking. I am a stacker and the huge decline in being able to stack is because of all the misuse and misinformation. It does upset not only myself but the fellow stackers who work hard to follow the rules correctly.

I wanted to add some clarity. I know personally it is so difficult now to use coupons at my local walmart, no frills, superstore. because there is so much misuse happening.

DianneS I do not mean to attack or cause any disagreement with you. But what happens is it then causes a chain recation beause person A doesnt understand why it cant be done, then causes an issue with managers, staff etc.. because of misinformation. Therefore affecting us all to the point where coupons basically wont be able to be used eventually.

London Drugs is a prime example stacking is much more difficult now because the rules are bent and twisted, in the end we have to have some accountabiliy as well. P&G changed there wording and if they find out people are still using them incorrectly why would they want to provide any savings at all? We all have responsibilty as couponers to follow the rules not bend the rules at store a because the other stores are abiding by the rules.

And in my personal opinion if you are scanning some items at first using coupons for money off. then scanning the floss later in the transaction to be used towards a product scanned first isnt that a little fishy? If it was done correctly you would just provide them all at once no? To me that feels like you are trying to sneak it by them. If it was legit why hide some items at end! IF done at once you would then have to explain I am using this coupon on the mouthwash to get the floss free and this one to save a dollar on the mouthwash which at every store I have been to would advise one or the other because you cannot stack coupons(with the excepton to LD and SOF).

In the end its 1 item + 2 coupons = (1 coupon for floss)(1 coupon for savings) simple math thats 2 coupons on 1 Item.

Hopefully we can have some other long time couponers chime in on the topic as well just so we are sure there is proper information!!
    Last edited by NewbieCoupon; Sun, Mar 18th, 2012 at 05:11 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieCoupon View Post
    Marstec that is correct in order to recieve the floss you have to purchase a mouthwash therefore a coupon is used towards the product for the floss. Poodle I disagree with you or you wouldnt need to buy mouthwash at all you would just use the coupon like an FPC. That is no way meant to be done.

The simple fact is you are using a coupon on the mouthwash to get the floss for free. Therefore if you used a second coupon on the mouthwash it is considered stacking. I am a stacker and the huge decline in being able to stack is because of all the misuse and misinformation. It does upset not only myself but the fellow stackers who work hard to follow the rules correctly.

I wanted to add some clarity. I know personally it is so difficult now to use coupons at my local walmart, no frills, superstore. because there is so much misuse happening.

DianneS I do not mean to attack or cause any disagreement with you. But what happens is it then causes a chain recation beause person A doesnt understand why it cant be done, then causes an issue with managers, staff etc.. because of misinformation. Therefore affecting us all to the point where coupons basically wont be able to be used eventually.

London Drugs is a prime example stacking is much more difficult now because the rules are bent and twisted, in the end we have to have some accountabiliy as well. P&G changed there wording and if they find out people are still using them incorrectly why would they want to provide any savings at all? We all have responsibilty as couponers to follow the rules not bend the rules at store a because the other stores are abiding by the rules.

And in my personal opinion if you are scanning some items at first using coupons for money off. then scanning the floss later in the transaction isnt that a little fishy? If it was done correctly you would just provide them all at once no? To me that feels like you are trying to sneak it by them. If it was legit why hide some items at end! You would then have to explain I am using this coupon to get the floss and this one to save a dollar which at every store I have been to would advise one or the other because you cannot stack coupons(with the excepton to LD and SOF).

I reiterate that I answered the question of "is it stacking or not" by explaining how some people are able to use the two coupons together. I would remind you that I very clearly said I used the example of placing them apart on the belt in order to illustrate/visualize in the example how they are treated as two different items. I am most happy to place them side by side and did so when I made my purchase. I don't hide or sneak things by cashiers and if you were to talk with the cashiers who know me they would tell you that I watch my wording and dates like a hawk. I don't find it difficult to use coupons where I shop because I don't misuse them. In fact, if I have a question, I ask at customer service before I begin shopping so that I am not holding up a line at the till over a coupon discussion.

You and I disagree on whether or not the Crest Pro-Health/Floss scenario is stacking. My store manager does not consider it stacking. I am sure he is not incompetent....after all he manages a brand new Super Walmart. The No Frills, Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart in my area are extremely coupon friendly. If some couponers are throwing hissy fits and harassing store managers and cashiers because their location has a different practice, they are responsible for their own bad behaviour. They are very likely not pleasant, courteous shoppers to begin with. People don't start to all the sudden become confrontational when they start couponing.

I'll 'agree to disagree' with you on this one and continue to follow the rules wherever I shop.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Here's a way that may help explain how the above coupons get used and why it is not considered stacking at many stores.

3 bottles of Crest rinse are purchased. The cashier puts them through. Three $1 off coupons are used on the Crest rinse.

Say, for sake of visualizing, that you put some milk, bread and eggs on the belt and those are scanned and bagged.

Your last three items are 3 Glide floss and on the Glide floss you are using the Free Product coupons. The reason the cashier will let you use them is that you have already fulfilled your obligation of buying three bottles of Crest rinse. You are now using a completely different coupon on a second product. Being able to use the floss coupon is dependent on buying the Crest rinse but you have not used two coupons on one product. You have used two different coupons on two different products.

Hope that helps....
    I agree with DianneS. Today I bought Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Starter Kit and a refill. I used a 'buy one Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Starter Kit and receive a refill free' coupon as well as a $5 off coupon for the starter kit. I had no problem with this transaction. I can't see why there would be any problem as I used one coupon for each product. Nowhere did it say that I had to pay full price for the starter kit, only that I had to purchase one.....I did, and therefore was entitled to use the coupon on the second product. I just can't see why this would be considered as stacking.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Regarding the floss and mouthwash thing. I read on another site that someone contacted P&G about it and they said it is completely okay to use both the coupons, as they are each taking money off a different item.

The $1 off is off the Crest, the BOGO is money off the floss.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

How I said .. I did the exact same thing with the Duck toilet cleaner and they were perfectly fine, I usually put the prodcut together and have been no problem at all.
    Happy Shopping !!

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ooh, plus, I forgot to mention. Visit any US coupon forum and they are big advocates of using a $-off and a BOGO. Canadian stores allow it too, but it's not as well known because only 1 or 2 of the Canadian couponing sites mentions it (this one doesn't seem to for some reason).

It is only acceptable because the $-off takes money off one item, and the BOGO takes money off another item.

You cannot pair a $1 off 2 coupon with a BOGO and only buy 2 items, because then you'd be double dipping on one of the items. The only way a $1/2 and a BOGO would work is if you bought 3 items. And in that case, you may as well grab a 4th one and use another BOGO so you get 2 for free, and $1 off the other 2 items.

I hope that makes sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information