User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Can I have honest opinions please?

My DD's bday is in a few weeks, and she wants to go to the movies. I have enough B1G1 movie passes to take her and 5 friends. Is it wrong to use the passes instead of booking a party thru Cineplex? I'm still technically paying for the girls to see the movie, and then they are coming back to our place for cake and possibly a sleep-over.

This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Cineplex & Scene Rewards

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Why would anyone consider that wrong?

(Keep in mind that the offer isn't valid Fridays and Saturdays, though)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not whatsoever. Here at SC we're all about saving money. Really the only benefit of a party is having your seats saved for you.

I'm actually going to sign up for my first credit card, a SCENE visa, so I can take my boyfriend out on a date to the movies when Titanic 3D hits theaters.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Not wrong at all! I hope her and her friends enjoy the show!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Why would anyone consider that wrong?

(Keep in mind that the offer isn't valid Fridays and Saturdays, though)

A few friends think I'm cheating the system b/c I'm not paying for the birthday party package.

Her bday party is the 25th and the Monday is the first day of Spring Break

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    A few friends think I'm cheating the system b/c I'm not paying for the birthday party package.

That's silly! Why pay for the package if you dont want to? If you dont want the party room, cake, etc. Its a HUGE waste of money!!! Not to mention you'd be taking up the room someone else may want to use.

I dont see ANY issue with using B1G1's or even free passes for the kids to see a movie! It's just smart planning!

If you are planning to order online before you go let me know, I received a Children's Cineplex Code (from lucky charms) on a train but I wont ever use it. I believe you go online enter your code and then maybe print your ticket? If you'd like to invite another kid for your DD, let me know and I'll PM you the code.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Wow, I can't believe your friends would say that to you! According to that logic, simply buying 5 tickets at the box office and not buying the party package would be "wrong" too!

Boy, some people are brainwashed into paying whatever premium price the company wants to charge, aren't they? That, or they feel foolish for having paid that premium price so many times themselves and don't want to feel like suckers, so they want you to have to pay it too!

Are your friends always like this about your couponing?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    That's silly! Why pay for the package if you dont want to? If you dont want the party room, cake, etc. Its a HUGE waste of money!!! Not to mention you'd be taking up the room someone else may want to use.

I dont see ANY issue with using B1G1's or even free passes for the kids to see a movie! It's just smart planning!

If you are planning to order online before you go let me know, I received a Children's Cineplex Code (from lucky charms) on a train but I wont ever use it. I believe you go online enter your code and then maybe print your ticket? If you'd like to invite another kid for your DD, let me know and I'll PM you the code.

Thanks for the offer, but I actually got a few more codes from a co-worker, so I *should* be okay. But I'll keep you in mind, just in case

Minou - most of my friends are super supportive of my 'attempt' at couponing. She is one that is not. I've just chalked it up to being at different points in our lives.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nothing wrong with your plan. Sounds like a great Bday party! With movie tickets being so expensive lately, it's great that you can even take a group of kids to the moveis! The kids will enjoy it just as much as any other plan (including the party room)It's all about the fun they have with eachother. you're planning a great party. Enjoy it!

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Wow, that's rude. Your not cheating the "system"? at all. They make those passes for a reason, for people like you and I to use them. Your saving a heck of a lot of money by using them. Good on you for thinking of the idea!

I'm sure if it was your friends in the same situation, they'd think twice about using the passes.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

the less money you spend on the movie tickets the more money you will be able to put towards goodie bags, treats, food, activities... imo you aren't necessarily going to spend less on the party because you use coupons. you will just have a better party with your budget. if your friend doesn't like it she can either pay the extra money or just keep her kid home and her kid will be the one missing out.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Then tell them that they are welcome to pay for it. That's a lot of nerve, when people say things like that. Ticks me right off.
    gone shopping!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

That's so not true! You're just going to the movies, not taking advantage of the other stuff that goes with the party package. If my DS wanted to invite friends to the pool with him for his birthday, I wouldn't expect to have to pay for a party, use their party room, etc.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

this struck me as hilarious. cheating the system LMAO!

have fun at the movies you will pay half price for and don't worry about haters
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks everyone! Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something that 'crossed the line' (the other phrase my *friend* used).

I looked at all the codes and I let her have 9 friends and only have to pay for 5 I looked at the party packages and at the cost!!! starting at $150 for the standard package and $171 for the platinum. I can guarantee that it won't be costing that much for the tickets to the movie, cake (I'm decorating it myself), pizzas (again the girls will be making their own), drinks and goodie bags
    Woohoo for me

Thread Information