User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I'm feeling a little disappointed with some selfish couponers in my little town of Port Alberni.

Coupons have been disappearing at an alarming rate. So much so that some Store Managers are investigating options as to what they can do about what they perceive as theft.

Apparently there are 2 women in town who teach couponing classes and sell coupons at them. I have been searching stores at which I normally found coupons and have mostly come up empty as they just clear off the tear pads. Even SDM isn't putting out the beauty and personal care products coupons. And Safeway won't put out the $0.75 off catelli coupons as they know they'll be gone in a heartbeat. it sucks

I was just saying to my DH he other day that if someone took 10 coupons off a tearpad that would give a person plenty to get deals and even trade, and that would leave tons still on the tear pad. As always, it only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.

I realize that most couponers are fair and like to help one another out. But to those that aretaking entire tear pads....Remember folks....let's share and let everyone enjoy in some savings!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I can't find any Catelli coupons either over here. Someone took the whole tearpad and is trading them like crazy! To cheer you up a little, I can send you a RAOK Assorted Bundle.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I know how you feel middleclassmom. I can NEVER find any tear pads. I purposely shop mid week in the hopes that I can get just a few, but they are always gone. Then people seem to post like crazy that they are trading them since they don't need them, what about leaving some for the people who will use them? I agree, selling coupons is wrong. Most coupons have that on the wording. Good luck to you, I hope that you find some that you are looking for soon.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know exactly how you feel...I live in PA as well and have not seen a tearpad since November. except the Pot of Gold tearpad which was awesome since I had to buy 20boxes this year. But other than that nothing It sucks that a couple greedy people can ruin it for everyone....Don't feel to bummed Im in the same boat as you!

I cant believe someone is selling them...time to investigate

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

thanks everyone

micahsmom
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

That is outrageous. Trading coupons is one thing but selling them is not okay! Shame on those people!
    Smart Canucks is my fav
    RLF GTG points!!!!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kdahl27

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Noticing this big time in Nanaimo as well. I was in Shoppers Drug Mart last Monday and the new Dove tear pads weren't up yet. I was back there 48 hours later and they had been put up and totally cleared out within that time.

Same thing happened last month with the Dove coupons in another Shoppers, I just don't know how long they had been up for. I went in looking for them at the beginning of the month and they were already gone. A couple days later I found fresh tear pads at another store though. There wasn't a coupon to be found in Save on Foods either. Very frustrating for sure.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I agree tear pads are so hard to come by now! I have almost given up even trying!! I noticed the last time I found coupons at SOF the had placed them in strange places. Like the Campbells coupon was in the freezer section...I wonder if this is an attempt to make them last? As for selling coupons, I do believe that is not allowed, legally right? Is there a Port Alberni coupon group that could post that maybe?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I'm with you guys. I was in Sof one night looking then the next day to get groceries. Nothing the night before and the next day pads were empty. They managed to empty 2 whole stores by noon on the day they were put out.
    I was in Victoria yesterday visiting so I stopped at 6 (yes 6) safeways. I found 2 stores that had a few. The other 4 didn't have even one coupon in the whole store. My son has free gas on his work vehicle so we made an afternoon of scouting out Safeways. lol
    Not one catelli found. Only three stores still had the backing on.
    I have time to hunt and I know most of you don't. I have a few greek yogurt and uncle bens bistro that I can share. No trade needed.
    Last edited by maple188; Mon, Feb 6th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the update Maple, even though it is a sad one. I was going to go hunting for the Catelli one after work - but least I know not to waste my time now. Thanks.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Wish it was a different scenario. I was looking forward to stocking up on pasta. I did have my save $1 wub 2 so i'm happy with that.
    Walmart had lots of the $1 mustard on the shelf today if anyone has been watching for it.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wooo! Thanks again - was hoping to pick up some mustard after work. :D Pasta would have been better but a girl will take what she can get.
    my blog - imonglue.com

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I live in Port too and totally understand!! Me and my DH were talking to the manager at Safeway and they have the two sisters come in there and clear them out all the time!!! It's just wrong and I hope they are on this site and read this. Please take only what you need!!

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jbird56 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel...I live in PA as well and have not seen a tearpad since November. except the Pot of Gold tearpad which was awesome since I had to buy 20boxes this year. But other than that nothing It sucks that a couple greedy people can ruin it for everyone....Don't feel to bummed Im in the same boat as you!

I cant believe someone is selling them...time to investigate
    I'll investigate with you lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lighthousejen View Post
    talking to the manager at Safeway and they have the two sisters come in there and clear them out all the time!!!
    hmmm....interesting...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information