• 1 Post By ArmyWifeEdmonton
  • 1 Post By nadiabreckon
  • 1 Post By Kyeste
  • 1 Post By barginbin-barbie
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Coupon Fairy assault at Walmart

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

This is so weird. I went to Walmart yesterday to get the rice krispies squares that were on sale and some other things. I had some coupons that are going to expire soon after the weekend that I am not going to use and as is my habit I went through the store and placed them with the correct products.

I stopped in the laundry aisle and placed some Tide detergent coupons and some stain remover. I put them down and a lady picked them up right away. My daughter (17) was with me and said to the lady, 'My mom's a coupon fairy... enjoy.' and the response was a cold silent stare. Nice.

Then I went to the pharmacy section and placed some Vicks coupons. I had to ask the clerk where the vapo rub was (bottom shelf) so I could place the coupons and she watched me place them. When I stood up and walked back towards her out of the aisle she frowned at me and shook her head. I was so annoyed at this point that as I went around the corner with my cart I said, 'Some people act like they are losing money if the store they work for has to redeem coupons.' She followed us around for twenty minutes. I stopped placing coupons (figured she'd remove them) and went to another section of the store.

The store was busy yesterday and everyone was rude with the exception of the lovely older woman in grocery and the young lady who rang out our order. I had a number of items all with coupons and when I check out I placed the coupons with the correct items. The clerk who rung us up said to me... 'I have rung out a lot of people who coupon and you are the only person who put the coupons with the items.. so organized... thank you!' (undoubtedly the b*tch from laundry is one of those customers) We chatted a little about the deals/coupons(it did NOT slow her down) as she rung us through and when other people were getting testy about how long it was taking she said, 'I'm sorry but it's HER turn right now.'

I went to the manager of the store after and said to him, "That girl needs a raise." and explained why.

So it ended on a good note... but geez, some people... I rarely expect a pleasant experience at Walmart which is why I hardly ever go there but man... I am always amazed, no matter how often it happens, at how rude people can be.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    OOP: $3844.62 (fuel, food, household, health & beauty)
    Coupons used $901.90
    Average grocery savings percentage: 82.30%
    Gasoline savings percentage: 15.58%
    Accumulated Bonus Value(not yet redeemed): $1032.52

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

You keep up the good work! Ignore the rude people and concentrate on the nice ones. Why should rude ppl ruin your day? Karma comes back to all ppl good and bad.
    Scorp411 likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    You keep up the good work! Ignore the rude people and concentrate on the nice ones. Why should rude ppl ruin your day? Karma comes back to all ppl good and bad.
    Agree!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Some people just don't understand what it means to save even $1...don't worry bout the haters, they're just jealous!

I'm glad you had a great cashier, but the sound of it, she was very understanding and quite pleasant!
    Scorp411 likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Maybe the woman with the Tide didn't speak English? Just a thought. But if she did understand English, she could have at least smiled...

Also, I've noticed that sometimes the store employees don't like people putting coupons on the items, because it's more work for them to clean up afterward. Especially if the coupons don't get picked up by a customer and they expire. Perhaps that's why the employee was unhappy?

But coupon fairying is so nice to do! Even if you don't get a positive response, you can at least feel good at the idea that someone grateful for the coupons finds them!
    Scorp411 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dear coupon fairy.
    Although you have had a tough day. Dealing with people that do not appreciate your efforts and generosity. There is at least one person walking by your handy work of carefully place saving that spotted you and smiled. No matter how bad their day was.
    That in is a FPC that can't be copied or price matched

Thanks to all Fairy's and especially you
    Scorp411 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I can see the employees not liking it. At ours once it was a disaster!! At almost the end of the last P&G someone, or a few people put out so many, they were all over the shelves and all over the floor, people were slipping on them in the aisles. I love finding a coupon for something I was going to buy and didn't have one for. Makes my day ! I usually hand some out to people who have the stuff in their baskets if I notice, or at the till.
    Keep it up coupon fairy that was just one lady, think of how happy the other people who found them were

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daypassdel View Post
    I can see the employees not liking it. At ours once it was a disaster!! At almost the end of the last P&G someone, or a few people put out so many, they were all over the shelves and all over the floor, people were slipping on them in the aisles.
    Yeah, I get that, mind you you'd have to go a long way before you could make our Walmart worse than it already is...

I only put a couple out on each item and try to give them to people on the floor. I did manage to give one gal a bunch of huggies wipes and diaper coupons who was incredibly grateful later at Atlantic superstore. I find the employees there don't mind at all.

Our Walmart is a nightmare, IMHO. The condition of the store is atrocious, many of the 'middle aged' (my age) staff are witches and product is rarely fully stocked or priced properly. I dislike going there and am wondering if the new Walmart that will replace our Zellers will be any better... I hope so!
    OOP: $3844.62 (fuel, food, household, health & beauty)
    Coupons used $901.90
    Average grocery savings percentage: 82.30%
    Gasoline savings percentage: 15.58%
    Accumulated Bonus Value(not yet redeemed): $1032.52

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, nice cashier and nice customer service
    I fill out a comment card - they're at customer service in a display, so you don't need to line up.
    Don't worry about laundry detergent lady and Vicks employee lady
    Older lady and super cashier are the ones to focus on, IMHO.
    Scorp411 likes this.

Thread Information