User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: 2012 Christmas Club

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Too bad SDM wasn't as concerned about making their Optimum Points members with frozen cards as happy as those customers who don't like Christmas music.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I pulled out my fancy shmancy purple fibre optic tree I got last year on clearance. I was so super excited when I got it in February and could not wait to set it up this year. Well last night I did and ... what a depressing night. I went to bed right after and was not happy whatsoever. Sure, its really pretty but I kinda wanted it to have lights. And yes, it does. It has lights ... blue and green flashing fibre optic ... on a purple tree. I'm hoping people can see the dilema here. I thought it would be "clear" lights and they wouldn't be flashing or anything and then I could just put some pink baubbles on it and call it a night.

Definitely not. Purple tree with pink baubbles and blue and green flashing lights just don't quite work. Sigh.
    thriftygranny likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh dear bunny. not good.. kinda like my white tree. thought i'd love it..for some reason it just didnt' look full like a green one. i was only OK with it last year. i know the feeling. do you have any other trees as back up to replace it.?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    oh dear bunny. not good.. kinda like my white tree. thought i'd love it..for some reason it just didnt' look full like a green one. i was only OK with it last year. i know the feeling. do you have any other trees as back up to replace it.?
    I do but thats another problem area.

I spent 12+ hours outfitting our green 4.5 ft tree last year with lights. Because it was so small I took it to my mothers place (10 minute drive) to store it as we had no room in our apartment. Well since then she started smoking again and DH and I just realized Oh sh!t, our tree! Its going to stink!

So we shall see. We are planning on going to pick it up with his van tomorrow night. I'm hoping it doesn't stink.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

For obvious reasons I won't post this in the rant section but at WM tonight they only had about 10% of the Christmas items out. I was so

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's surprising, most other stores have been shoving Halloween stuff into as small of a space as possible in order to fit more christmas in sooner.

The boxes of wrapping paper came in at work, I've been out for a few days so I hadn't seen it yet, but there's puppy and kitten paper! It's not super cute but when it goes on clearance I'm snatching some up. There's a bunch of cute ones this year. I feel that if I build myself a stockpile of wrapping paper, I'll have so many kinds that the tree will never look boring.

I'm gonna take a picture tomorrow if I remember, of the paper I see. If anyone else wants to do that, please do! I love to know what's available where so I can grab exactly what I want when it's on clearance.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Wow really?!?!?! This is amazing! They never had this when I was a kid and I am only 22.

Weird. I'm 37 and they had this when I was a kid. I knew it was Santa because he would always write something personal on the form letter in response to my letter.

Canada Post has been doing this for decades . . .

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EricsMom View Post
    Weird. I'm 37 and they had this when I was a kid. I knew it was Santa because he would always write something personal on the form letter in response to my letter.

Canada Post has been doing this for decades . . .
    None of us ever got letters back growing up. There were 4 of us in the same household writting. Maybe it all depended on your location? I will ask my Mom tonight, maybe we just never remembered

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

How is the tree Purplebunny? Did you get it yet?
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    How is the tree Purplebunny? Did you get it yet?
    Thanks for your concern! It doesn't smell like cigarettes but it did smell slightly of Moms house (not exactly good) but it seems to have aired itself out. I only really smelt it when it was in the back seat of my car. The one side the tree is a little flat because I had to lay it down in my back seat but everything else is fine. I haven't really had any time to do decorating yet or to un-flatten it but we have plugged it in and the kittys were quite excited. One was biting it, another was licking it and our third was sniffing it.
    Angela273 and Granger like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

If you are worried about the smell, I saw ornaments at Michaels today that are supposed to make your tree smell like a real one.Might be worth a try!!
    Angela273, Granger and Amber4 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wow really?!?!?! This is amazing! They never had this when I was a kid and I am only 22.
    That's definitely old enough to be getting letters. Are you sure Mom mailed your letter or gave it to the mall Santas? I think I always gave my letters in person to Santa in our local town hall and always got a letter in the mail. I think you send him a letter this year so you get the full experience.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    That's definitely old enough to be getting letters. Are you sure Mom mailed your letter or gave it to the mall Santas? I think I always gave my letters in person to Santa in our local town hall and always got a letter in the mail. I think you send him a letter this year so you get the full experience.
    I agree!

You send a letter this year, PurpleBunny, so you can enjoy receiving one!
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

LOL I'm not quite sure Santa can grant my wishes or that a stranger in the postal system should know my true wishes. Maybe I otta just wish for world peace? LOL ... or a pony.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Uhhh but what about all of us? Surely we can go and complain now that they AREN'T playing it. Why are people such whiners?! Give us our music back!
    i mean this with all respect..is it too much to wait until after november 11th for the christmas carols.i like the holiday too but do everything after november 11th...i was one of those "whiners" that asked my local walmart to cut the music...
    DianneS and bgheuchert like this.

~just your average nerd~

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information