User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: 2012 Christmas Club

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ok first off, stop rolling your eyes ahha! Yes I know that it is only MARCH and I just brought up Christmas, BUT last year I was super organized about Christmas and it helped SOO much, and that meant starting EARLY. This year the goal is to have ALL of the gifts boughten by the end of October and wrapped by the end of November, with grocery and baking stocks all boughten and ready for use by the end of November as well (of course last minute fresh things will always be needed). So I am starting this thread to post your ideas, your christmas buying lists, the deals that you get etc etc etc...non parishable grocery lists, wrapped gift updates, cards predone and not last minute....all of it. Who's joining the 2012 Christmas Club!! No last minute stress here!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Christmas is not that big a deal at my house, apart from setting up a tree and a bit of baking, I don't do a lot of extra preparation. Having said that, I do set money aside every month to cover extra Christmas expenses like gifts. Throughout the year, I'll keep an eye out for special gifts for the people in my life that I think they might like, or that I know they really need/want. Those items are never on sale though. I've had so much practice by now that I never have the after Christmas hangover bill.

For those people that I never know what to buy or seem to have it all (co-workers, special neighbors, hostess gifts, etc.) Christmas ornaments accompanied by small box of chocolate are never wasted. I keep a stash of Christmas ornaments that I get on sale during Boxing week and hold on to them for the following year. For the chocolate, I like to buy the Lindt Christmas themed boxes that are sold for $5 in November and December.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I am jealous that you can start so early! I never get my shopping done early...always last minute shopping in our house. The reason, my girls change their Christmas lists almost daily starting in October, so I never know what to get them. DH and I decided long ago not to buy for each other. Instead we pool our money and get something big that we both will enjoy...this is decided together in an around October. As for the family...they only want gift cards...and gift cards are easy to mail too.

I will try to keep my eyes open for deals on gift cards and non-perishable food stuffs.

And I might sew some gifts this year...so I will start early for that. Going to get back into my sewing this year. Very excited about that.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OOOOh! I am going to sew a quilt for my son this year too breylormom!! I have done just a few before and am excited to make him one for christmas...I will start that one in just a monthish, really looking forward to it! Last year the day after Halloween I bought him a bunch of costumes dress up too, they were SOOOO cheap, will do that again this year for both him and my daughter. I will be looking for a lot of very general things for them like art supplies, clothes, movies, and we are big on books so will be looking for the deals there too. Two years ago I made soap and that was awesome everyone LOVED it, so will get started in the summer, along with homemade vanilla extract and homemade vanilla sugar. Have some thought about the hubby....he is lurking around right now....hahah

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never really thought about starting my shopping early before..mostly because I have a very small list of people to shop for since I'm single and have two cats LOL! However, I've noticed that I've collected quite a few coupons for men's care items as well as shampoo's and such so I'm planning on using those coupons when those items go on sale and making a little personalized stocking and filling it with 3-5 personal care items for my family and friends to go along with their main gift. The wrapping has to wait though..I usually wrap my gifts around the 20th..gets me into the holiday spirit for just the right amount of time - that way I only have to wait 5 days to see the expressions on my loved ones faces when they open their gifts!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I have already started as I hate the last minute rush, crowded stores and crabby shoppers. I make a list of what I have bought and who it is for as I already have some wrapped.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I have already started as I hate the last minute rush, crowded stores and crabby shoppers. I make a list of what I have bought and who it is for as I already have some wrapped.
    That is amazing! Like you is just how I want to train myself to be!! That is why the last few years I have been really trying, I HATE LAST MINUTE AND CRANKY! Oh soooo much fun to do too

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    That is amazing! Like you is just how I want to train myself to be!! That is why the last few years I have been really trying, I HATE LAST MINUTE AND CRANKY! Oh soooo much fun to do too
    I am sure this stems from living out in the middle of nowhere (although I loved it) and being so far away from family. Every summer when I flew home for a vacation I had an extra suitcase packed full of Christmas presents...no postage to pay and I got to return home with an extra suitcase full of new clothes.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am doing swagbucks for extra Christmas money
    I have 1 afgan knitted already for a gift, an plan on doing a few more.
    I am keeping my eye out for a few more gifts. I hope to have outside of house one by sept. then save money for my kids gifts.
    I am hoping to have a easier christmas this year then lasts.
    AmberLab likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm about half done our Xmas shopping already. I started before last Xmas! We've got a few people some winter jackets that we've found on sale (one was $25 & 2 were $9)
    I always try to get done early cuz I HATE going out in the crowds of dumb people & the cold.
    The thing I'm most exited about though is our church hampers! Last year it was kind of last minute but this year I'm well prepared. My goal is a $500 value on each basket (household items & food items) So if anyone has any grocery coupons that have long expiry dates or are for non perishable foods & you want to trade please PM me
    AmberLab likes this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ok this is my list so far that I KNOW I am making/looking for:

-Berenstien Bear Books, Robert Munch Books, and other assorted books DS/DD
    -Jean quilt DS
    -Vintage sheet quilt DD
    -Squishy Bath DS/DD
    -Other assorted bathing things (bubbles, kids bath bombs, etc) DS/DD
    -Age appropriate art and craft supplies DD/DS
    -Assorted Halloween Costumes for dress up DD/DS
    -A "Tickle Trunk" for the costumes!! DS/DD
    AmberLab likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

How is everyone doing?
    I have some soap bags I knitted done, I am hoping to make soem bath baskets. I have 1 blanket done. working on #2.
    and just over 50 in my amazong acct from swagbucks
    Ia m pretty happy with my progress so far.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Gathering jeans and vintage sheets for the two quilts! Soon will start cutting the squares, I am liking this!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am ordering gift cards with my Airmiles points (fuel cards) and my Save-on-Foods points. I put them away to use as stocking stuffers for my DS (19) and DD (24). I will also pick up all of their other stocking stuffers over the next six months. I find it a huge help to get the stockings out of the way....they can get SO expensive if I do them all at once. It was fine when they were young but now that they are older, it takes some resourceful planning.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Dianna- I have been saving free samples. - razors, small mouthwashes ect. the ones from P and J . it helps with older kids stocking stuffers.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information