User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Worse Shoppers Experience ever!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenH View Post
    Update: I just got an email from Shoppers. They are still standing by the store managers story that the Garnier B.B. cream is advertised for $18.99 as scanned. Even though I have provided them a picture of the item on their shelf with the sale sticker for $9 clearly showing the upc symbol. Well they said their apologies and offer me a credit toward my optimum card. WOW Not really happy with that at all. They just want to ignore the fact they will not stand by their claim to honoring Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Code.

Keep good notes about all your interactions and contact the Scanning Code organization.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Post it on SDM facebook page.. when I can't get a solution through other methods I post there.. they take care of it quickly
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

micahsmom
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

The Fb idea is a good one they respond to that the fastest!!!
    Smart Canucks is my fav
    RLF GTG points!!!!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kdahl27

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

definitely make a complaint to the scop 1-800 number since you're getting nowhere with SDM
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My understanding of SCOP is that if the item is under ten bucks, then you get it free, if it's over 10 bucks they take 10 bucks off....that's all I've even gotten from a SCOP and I'm sure someone can post the wording for it....it is frustrating to have management arguing with you, though, and I do understand you being ticked off

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by joseff View Post
    if it's over 10 bucks they take 10 bucks off
    It's $10 off the selling price, not the scanned price.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    It's $10 off the selling price, not the scanned price.

• 1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and
      (a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
      (b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.

I'm sorry, I mispoke...but out of curiousity, I looked it up....next time i'll know different

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

No problem. I was just clarifying. There are some cashiers that will give me $10 off the scanned price. Umm, no. You manually correct it to the selling price and then you take $10 off. SCOP is the law in Quebec and I always get what I want.

I remember Nabob coffee was scanning at Zellers at $5 something when in flyer was $3 and I had $3 coupons. Cashier scans coffee, told her about SCOP and I should get it for free. She said you're not getting it for free, takes receipt and throws it in the garbage. I didn't say a word. Starts a new transaction, manually corrects coffee to $3 and I paid $3 cash. When I had receipt in my hand, I told her that she broke the law, I will be calling HO and report her because I had her employee number on the receipt. After back and forth telephone calls, I get a $25 HBC GC and free coffee. Hmm, never did see that cashier at Zellers again.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Honestly, once you left the store the opportunity to SCOP was gone. You need to do it there and then or just forget about it. It causes more stress and headache then anything to try to do it as an after thought.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information