User Tag List

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Lately i am noticing some bad stains on my teeth,not sure what from?Maybe coffee stains? Have never had this before.

SO am just curious,once you buy those crest whitening strips, do you have to keep buying them or does the bleaching last awhile? Hoping you don't have to keep buying them too much because i wouldn't want to make it another expense!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I bought these for my 21 year old daughter. You are suppose to use them every 6 months I think. She only used hers once. After she removed them her teeth all started to ache, within 2 hours she was at work and then she couldn't open her mouth because they hurt so bad and was sent home from work. She tried some oragel and then had to go to the hospital. Pain lasted about 18 hours, and she didn't even see a change in her teeth. We contacted P&G and they said to send in the info for a refund and 6 months later they sent it back and said the promotion period was over and didn't refund her 69.99 called them again and they would do nothing, told her to try their product for sensitive teeth. Her teeth weren't senitive until she used these and now she has to use sensitive toothpaste. Not happy with it at all. The rest of the box went in the garbage as no one else in our family would try them. Just thought I would share her experience.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I have used the professional series 2 times over the past 3 years. I didn't have any problems at all. My teeth are very white and they seem to stay that way for a long time (12 to 16 months). Mind you, I don't smoke or drink mass amounts of coffee. It does say though that your teeth can be a bit sensative afterwards. I'm sorry to hear tabby about your daughter. One of my dd's say that her teeth are sensative for a few days after as well, but not that bad. If you have real sensative teeth, the zoom whitening from the dentist is probably, however the crest whitestrips do work really well, especially if you get the professional ones.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I got the 2-Hour whitening strips from the Chick Advisor promotion, and hated them. They didn't whiten my teeth at all, but made them ache so bad! Normally I'm okay with pain in my mouth (I love, love, loved having my braces tightened every 2 - 4 weeks), but the very act of breathing through my mouth gave me the worst pains right into my jaw bone. The pain went away - luckily! - a month later. But the pain was NOT worth having my teeth no whiter. One box has enough strips to last 1 year (2 strips every 4 months) and costs about $45 or so. So $45 for 1 year of white teeth.

Before that I had used the Crest 3D White Vivid strips and had no problems with them. Wore the strips for the 2 or so weeks (going off memory!) and they lightened my teeth about 2 shades and didn't give me any pain at all. The whiteness lasted for a few months - even drinking pop every single day and throwing up all the time. I paired it with simple Crest Pro-Health toothpaste and nothing fancier than that. Your supposed to use these ones every 6 months and it costs $18.88 on sale (at Shopper's Drug Mart, anyway!). About $40 for 1 year of white teeth.

I suggest that first off you talk to your dentist - if you haven't already. Not all teeth are good to use the strips or pastes on. If your enamel is thin (they can test this with a special light) then it is advised you 100% DON'T use the strips!

If you want to whiten your teeth but don't want to go too expensive, I suggest you try a whitening toothpaste. I've been using Crest 3D White Vivid paste and I LOVE it. I'm a big tea drinker right now (and again, vomit a lot) and it keeps my stains away and has lightened my teeth way more than the strips ever did! Plus the coupons on Brandsaver.ca keep the cost down. However, it does not clean my gums the way I like, so I normally brush my teeth with it once a day in the evening - I use the Crest Pro-Health gum toothpaste in the morning. I definitely suggest Crest 3D White Vivid!

I've heard people like the even fancier toothpastes that go "into" the teeth and don't just brush away surface stains. I haven't tried them, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. Brands like Rembrant. But from the sounds of it your stains are surface ones, so a simple whitening toothpaste should help with that.

Oh - and if you want a REALLY cheap way to whiten your teeth: Peroxide and baking soda! I did this as a kid (my mother grew up doing this and passed it down to me). What you do is put some baking soda into your palm, then 2 - 3 drops of peroxide. Mix it into a paste with your toothbrush and brush it into your teeth (don't swallow or taste it with your tongue, though!). This should help keep surface stains away and you will notice a difference within about a week!*

*I don't do this method anymore because the peroxide hurts my gums too much, but oh my gosh were my teeth white back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    I bought these for my 21 year old daughter. You are suppose to use them every 6 months I think. She only used hers once. After she removed them her teeth all started to ache, within 2 hours she was at work and then she couldn't open her mouth because they hurt so bad and was sent home from work. She tried some oragel and then had to go to the hospital. Pain lasted about 18 hours, and she didn't even see a change in her teeth. We contacted P&G and they said to send in the info for a refund and 6 months later they sent it back and said the promotion period was over and didn't refund her 69.99 called them again and they would do nothing, told her to try their product for sensitive teeth. Her teeth weren't senitive until she used these and now she has to use sensitive toothpaste. Not happy with it at all. The rest of the box went in the garbage as no one else in our family would try them. Just thought I would share her experience.
    Oh my gosh, that's horrible! Both the permanently sensitive teeth and the terrible customer service! Your poor daughter!

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

HOLY CRAP. I am SO sorry for the wall of text!

TL;DR!!

Thread Information