User Tag List

Thread: Couponing

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out. I am very new to "extreme" couponing and I was wondering if someone would be willing to sit down with me and teach me a thing or two and show me how to stack and save a ton of money! My common law and I are new parents and are struggling a little bit financially, to avoid "drastic" action I am willing to give this a fair shot. If anyone is willing pls let me know! Thank you
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hi. Welcome to the board. I think the best place to start couponing is to build a coupon collection. You can start by using this link to sign up for coupons and have them mailed to you.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/215853-...oupons-canada/

I believe the new brandsaver coupons will be online on April 4, so be sure to order them.

Hope this helps.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Private Message a member called "Giving Small" she is a lady from s'toon and often runs a free online couponing class for Newbies, she does it right here on SC so it is really simple. She is great for q&a. And just a word of comfort, I started couponing last summer, YOU WILL SAVE THOUSANDS! The first weeks you will notice a drastic change, but honestly within 3 months I definately noticed DRASTIC savings. Are you nursing or bottle feeding? Cloth diapers or disposable? There are lots of people who are on here who can trade you coupons that you will need for stuff like that. In the meantime call 1-800-268-6757, it is the number for Colgate/Palmolive and if you ask they will send you out $1.00 coupons. Thier toothpaste, toothebrushes, and dish soap all go on sale for $1.00 on a regular basis, so you should never have to pay for any of that again. Then start emailing Johnsons and Johnsons and start asking them for coupons for baby stuff, first tell them you are a new parent and ask for thier "New Parents Starter Pack", email them often, last summer I got so much free stuff from J and J that all winter I never had to buy baby shampoo, body wash/bubble bath, lotion, or powder. I will still have enough to last me another 6 months at this point. Email Aveeno (which is owned by J and J) seperately and they will send you out a "New Parents Starter Pack "too. And don't worry, you can totally do this, at first it will take you a while to learn all the tricks, but then you will find you become really efficent at it.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Oh and ps order all the samples you can, you might not need that sample but the best coupons often come with them from thier sister companies!!!
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My advice
    General
    Print off & carry all coupon policies with you, I've had to pull them out a Walmart & London Drugs a couple times.
    Carry all coupons with you at all times. You might not be planning on buying something but you might see it on clearance somewhere with coupons that will make it free. If you have a binder write you contact info on it incase it gets lost, I've seen many people on here who have lost thiers & wished they'd done that.
    Check the SC website & forums as often as you can. Most of the grocery coupons we get in Saskatchewan come from companies facebook offers & they go quick.
    Walmart
    I avoid the Gordon Road they're horrible for couponing at.
    The Vic East Walmart has had some awesome clearance sale (including binders perfect for couponing). Last I saw thier clearance section was down by the construction.
    Walmart accepts the Coupon Zone coupons from Superstore
    Walmart allows overages. If you have a $2 coupon for a $1 item you make $1 but please do not clear shelves buying things you don't want just to make a few cents.

Stacking
    For stacking you can use the Coupon Zone & a Manufacturer's coupon together at some Superstores (Not sure if Regina's are) London Drugs has an attitude about it & has now changed thier coupon policy anyways. I don't even go there & the ability not to stack hasn't affecting my savings at all.
    Walmart may Price Match & accept a coupon but I have never tried, I just go to the stores that have the sales.

Superstore
    I like Superstore but if I have alot of coupons I go to Walmart, thier prices are almost the same & once you have more than like 3 coupons at Superstore a supervisor has to enter thier ID & password for each one which can take forever! Especially when they like to keep walking away instead of just waiting there.

Collecting Coupons
    gocoupons.ca
    save.ca
    websaver.ca
    smartsource.ca (in flyers & online)
    P&G brandsaver (in flyers & online)
    Red Plum (flyer)
    I have found instore coupons at Sobey's on South Albert & Co-op on Quance & most Shopper's. Please only take a few when you do see tear pads.
    If you have family here ask for thier coupons when they get them. If you have family elsewhere ask them to grab you coupons if they see any in stores.
    There's been a couple coupon swaps in Regina & I'm sure there will be another one in the future.
    There's also the trading forum but when you have a low trade rating & no coupons to trade that doesn't help so you might have to buy coupons with gift cards
    Email companies that make products you use often & ask. Kellogg's, Campbells, Post, General Mills, Kraft & Con Agra will all say no so don't waste time on them. Ocean's, Johnson & Johnson, Carl Buddig, Michalena's will. Many more will too I just can't remember them all.
    Also if you have a legitimate complaint about a product call the company & let them know, they will usually send you a replacement product. Do not make up complaints though or call about stupid things like "dented boxes" though because most brands are owned by a few companies & they will notice your name keeps coming up.
    Last edited by Slaney; Wed, Mar 28th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

If you are on Face Book you could check out these sites and "like" they are helpful. http://www.facebook.com/CouponsCanada
    and http://www.facebook.com/im Hope to see you at the next coupon trade!

Thread Information