User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Walmart coupon policy changes

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

OK, so someone explain.
    How is WM going to be re-imbursed for CZ coupons????
    I've never looked at a CZ coupon, so im curious as to what the coupon says on the back for Reimbursement?
    Where are they sending it to?
    If CZ are only suppose to be used in specific stores (NF,Loblaws etc.) will the company reimburse WM?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Technically WM is loosing money with the CZ & competitors coupons AND with PMing so we shouldn't be complaining about that. Coupons however do get reimbursed so if an entire shipment of something gets sold to people with coupons they're not loosing money, alot of stores even make money on it if they don't allow overages. If they send in a $2 coupon that you used on a $1 item they make $1.
    I remember when I started couponing I was hoping more people would start doing it here cuz I figured the more couponers the more cashiers would learn the wording but I've changed my mind in the last few months seeing how bad things are in Ontario
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Sorry but if a store brings in a skid of product and sells it all they do not lose money. Even if a coupon was used on every item in that skid (which I would seriously doubt). They get the same movey is they sell the products to 1-- people or just one.

The companies get back their money from the companies as long as they sell the items for the coupons. Also the coupons are based on the sales of the stores since walmart actually process the coupons at the central location and the coupons used are compared to the sales over 3 months.

As long as the coupons are redeemed properly the stores do not lose money for accepting coupons.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    OK, so someone explain.
    I've never looked at a CZ coupon, so im curious as to what the coupon says on the back for Reimbursement?
    If CZ are only suppose to be used in specific stores (NF,Loblaws etc.) will the company reimburse WM?
    Walmart does not send in CZ coupons in for reimbursement.
    CZ coupons are treated as a price match, therefore keyed in as a price-override. This is why a manufacturer's coupon is allowed in addition.
    Yes, there is an unofficial policy floating around that reads that they will only accept competitor's coupons if it states the selling price.
    Walmart has no official coupon policy.
    But depending on individual Walmart stores, it's up to the manager if CZ are allowed are not. Some take them, some do not. Just ask the person in charge! Speak with the manager, not a Customer Service person.
    Hope that clears it up for you!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hmm....when I was in my local Walmart this past weekend I noticed a bright orange piece of paper attached to the part where they usually have the gift cards (at the till) that said something about their coupon policy but I was so busy trying to watch the screen that I didn't get a chance to absorb it fully. I'm not sure if it was a change in policy or just a clarification. If I go back this weekend I'll try to make a note or take a picture of it. I know it had to do with ad matching though.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Mine said that they will take CZ/Rexall/SDM because they want our business and do not want us to go to where the coupon is from and we will hopefully buy other stuff cause we are there Also he said Walmart is much bigger then any of those companies so if they can offer those coupons so could they..but it is cheaper for Walmart not to print/ distribute coupons...I laughed
    Last edited by Abby5; Wed, Mar 28th, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
    sharkie likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    Again, I am not following you.
    Could you re-word your last post, because I really do want to understand what you are saying.
    What does "you are only charging me for one too then and they 'get' it mean?
    If they say that a 'purchase' equals a transaction, I ask 'how many am I purchasing?' they look and say 4 (or whatever) and a little light goes on in the brain that a transaction can include multiple purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    OK, so someone explain.
    They don't, they treat them as a pricematch, if it is a loss-leader for the other store, they lose too, but it got people into the store and really, how often do people leave Walmart with only what they went in for?

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    Sorry but if a store brings in a skid of product and sells it all they do not lose money. Even if a coupon was used on every item in that skid (which I would seriously doubt). They get the same movey is they sell the products to 1-- people or just one.

The companies get back their money from the companies as long as they sell the items for the coupons. Also the coupons are based on the sales of the stores since walmart actually process the coupons at the central location and the coupons used are compared to the sales over 3 months.

As long as the coupons are redeemed properly the stores do not lose money for accepting coupons.
    It is not about just the coupon, I could go into a store for 5 things - three of these have been cleared out and are no longer in stock. Given the lineups at my local walmart, I will not stand in that line for 2 of the 5 things and go somewhere else for the other 3. I will leave and price match at Freshco or No Frills or go to the other stores - Walmart is also missing out on anything else I would have bought as I browsed too. It fosters a bad feeling with customers if you are always sold out of the items people are coming in for
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post

It is not about just the coupon, I could go into a store for 5 things - three of these have been cleared out and are no longer in stock. Given the lineups at my local walmart, I will not stand in that line for 2 of the 5 things and go somewhere else for the other 3. I will leave and price match at Freshco or No Frills or go to the other stores - Walmart is also missing out on anything else I would have bought as I browsed too. It fosters a bad feeling with customers if you are always sold out of the items people are coming in for
    Ditto to all this.

On a basic level, no WM is not losing money if they sell all their stock. But they are losing potential future sales as well as goodwill in the eyes of their customers.

Along the lines of what FallenPixels said, if I go to WM with the intention of buying something that's a really good deal and I find that the shelves are cleared (as is often the case even on the first day of the sale), chances are, I'm not going to stick around for a few more items. I know I'll probably end up having to go to another store as well - so rather than wait in two lines, I'd be very likely to go to a store that price-matches, such as NF, Frescho, or RCSS.

The result is that WM is losing out on my business. And it's not just this one time - I might be less likely to go to WM in the future because I'm hesitant to waste gas, knowing that the item is probably cleared out. The truth is, with so many stores offering PMing, even giants like WM have to be mindful of the power of disappointed customers, since we do have greater purchasing power now with the plethora of competition out there.
    DianneS likes this.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey all!! So I went back to my local Walmart today and made a note of the little orange sticky I was talking about in my previous post. It says " You can NOT ad match an item and also use a price override coupon. You CAN use an ad match and a manufacturers coupon". I don't get it? lol. But I've never ad matched before so maybe someone can help clarify?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Wal-Mart states they do not have an official coupon policy and are just following the same one of the U.S Wal-Marts ...

I see nothing wrong with how a coupon may be accepted at one store and not the other as if a MANAGER allows the coupon you are not mis-using the coupon...

I totally agree with this statement that was made....My Walmart accepts coupon zone coupons no problem and that was confirmed by the manager....so if our Walmart allows it, why should we be bashed
    for it

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think was this mean is that you can't price match and then use a CZ coupon. Eg. You can't bring the sellers flyer and say Zellers has this for $4 and then give a CZ to further reduce the price match. You could however price match and use a regular coupon to reduce the price more.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Wal-Mart states they do not have an official coupon policy and are just following the same one of the U.S Wal-Marts ...

I see nothing wrong with how a coupon may be accepted at one store and not the other as if a MANAGER allows the coupon you are not mis-using the coupon...

I totally agree with this statement that was made....My Walmart accepts coupon zone coupons no problem and that was confirmed by the manager....so if our Walmart allows it, why should we be bashed
    for it
    WM Location: Eglinton / Warden (Toronto)
    Was there yesterday. In my coupons I had CZ coupons for Febreeze --- No. They do not accept the CZ coupons. I "discussed" with the manager and asked her to bring the coupon policy (which she did not) and then proceeded to rudely tell me: "Mam, either you are going to buy the product without your coupon or you can choose to find another store to buy the product.

So, I asked her to cancel the whole $170 purchase and told her that I will be giving my business to WM competition from now on.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NICKER27 View Post
    I think was this mean is that you can't price match and then use a CZ coupon. Eg. You can't bring the sellers flyer and say Zellers has this for $4 and then give a CZ to further reduce the price match. You could however price match and use a regular coupon to reduce the price more.
    Thanks!! I was thinking that's what it meant, but like I said, I rarely if ever ad match so I wasn't completely sure!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rdmisc View Post
    WM Location: Eglinton / Warden (Toronto)
    Was there yesterday. In my coupons I had CZ coupons for Febreeze --- No. They do not accept the CZ coupons. I "discussed" with the manager and asked her to bring the coupon policy (which she did not) and then proceeded to rudely tell me: "Mam, either you are going to buy the product without your coupon or you can choose to find another store to buy the product.

So, I asked her to cancel the whole $170 purchase and told her that I will be giving my business to WM competition from now on.
    what a jerk of a manager
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    Hey all!! So I went back to my local Walmart today and made a note of the little orange sticky I was talking about in my previous post. It says " You can NOT ad match an item and also use a price override coupon. You CAN use an ad match and a manufacturers coupon". I don't get it? lol. But I've never ad matched before so maybe someone can help clarify?
    so no admatching and using other store coupons. just able to combine with manufacturer coupons
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information