User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Walmart coupon policy changes

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Walmart does have an official company policy, and it is clearly states:

Competitors coupons qualify if:
    issued by a Canadian competitoro for a specific item for a specified price i.e. $2.99
    buy one, get one free (BOGO) coupons for items with a specified priceo they have a valid expiration date
    and are acceptable in black, white or color

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Walmart does not send in CZ coupons in for reimbursement. CZ coupons are treated as a price match, therefore keyed in as a price-override. This is why a manufacturer's coupon is allowed in addition.Yes, there is an unofficial policy floating around that reads that they will only accept competitor's coupons if it states the selling price. Walmart has no official coupon policy.But depending on individual Walmart stores, it's up to the manager if CZ are allowed are not. Some take them, some do not. Just ask the person in charge! Speak with the manager, not a Customer Service person. Hope that clears it up for you!
    Last edited by peterman; Sun, Apr 1st, 2012 at 10:39 AM.

COUPONS FOR TRADING
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rdmisc View Post
    WM Location: Eglinton / Warden (Toronto)
    Was there yesterday. In my coupons I had CZ coupons for Febreeze --- No. They do not accept the CZ coupons. I "discussed" with the manager and asked her to bring the coupon policy (which she did not) and then proceeded to rudely tell me: "Mam, either you are going to buy the product without your coupon or you can choose to find another store to buy the product.

So, I asked her to cancel the whole $170 purchase and told her that I will be giving my business to WM competition from now on.
    wow... you should send this to head office - I'd love to know how they would react to the manager's comments - $170 is quite the purchase...
    krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Walmart does not have an official policy, they have told us that many times - they have guidelines (and as far as the guidelines, they do exclude CZ coupons unless it states buy this for $3 etc)

I don't think it is about bashing the people who have been allowed by the managers, but it is also not fair to bash the store for expecting their guidelines to be followed and clarifying them when they are not followed by their own staff, especially when their policy is already very generous in comparison to other Canadian stores
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

they just need an official policy and need to stick to it. this is frustrating
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would like to add to this........I don't have many months under my belt with couponing but already I have noticed at many stores (not just Walmart) that not many staff members are properly trained regarding coupons.....I do notice this the most at Walmart as many couponers tend to use Walmart a lot due to their price matching etc.... Wish they would designate a couple lanes specifically for price matching and coupon users - and train a certain number of staff really really well to work on these lanes - it would make things faster for everyone and the couponers and price matchers don't mind waiting in line at all, then we wouldn't have to train their staff!
    Its not 'savings', it is spending less or spending nothing - if you put it in the bank and it stays there, it is savings

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
    I would like to add to this........I don't have many months under my belt with couponing but already I have noticed at many stores (not just Walmart) that not many staff members are properly trained regarding coupons.....I do notice this the most at Walmart as many couponers tend to use Walmart a lot due to their price matching etc.... Wish they would designate a couple lanes specifically for price matching and coupon users - and train a certain number of staff really really well to work on these lanes - it would make things faster for everyone and the couponers and price matchers don't mind waiting in line at all, then we wouldn't have to train their staff!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Then people would complain that the store was prejudiced against couponers lol

I don't think I have had any major issues at walmart in some time, I try not to use too many of one coupon at once though, I like to check the stores for coupons anyway so I don't pricematch my whole shop either. I have seen them give people with lots of the same coupon a hard time.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by divinedivagirl View Post
    Yikes! You'd think that they would be happy for the business! I mean really. Walmart is ALWAYS trying to take away business from the little guy so why can't they accept a few coupons?

Obviously they should NOT have accepted the Loblaws/Superstore Coupon Zone coupons but I guess that's what happens when you mostly have young kids working at minimum wage sometimes. They probably weren't informed not to take those specific coupons.

Want to trade with me? Just updated my trade list.
    Let's not make generalized assumptions based on someone's age! I find that offensive. It has to do more with how much the cashier actually cares rather than the age of the employee! You know, the cashiers DO get in trouble for accepting wrong coupons! So no cashier would want to make a mistake in regards to coupons; young kid or older. By the way, many customers ask the cashier to call the manager if they do not accept their competitor coupons and most of the time the managers say to accept the coupon! I've seen it happen hundreds of times. Walmart is always concerned about customer satisfaction, even if what they're doing does not follow their policies.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Baggravation View Post
    Let's not make generalized assumptions based on someone's age! I find that offensive. It has to do more with how much the cashier actually cares rather than the age of the employee! You know, the cashiers DO get in trouble for accepting wrong coupons! So no cashier would want to make a mistake in regards to coupons; young kid or older. By the way, many customers ask the cashier to call the manager if they do not accept their competitor coupons and most of the time the managers say to accept the coupon! I've seen it happen hundreds of times. Walmart is always concerned about customer satisfaction, even if what they're doing does not follow their policies.
    I would say Walmart is always concerned that shoppers spend money in their stores. Their general lack of customer service, including having 75% of their tills closed even when shoppers are lined up in the aisles, and their often empty grocery shelves tells me that customer satisfaction is not particularly high on their list.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

That may be the case at your local walmart, mine is crazy busy but always has lots of lanes open, and at least 3 people on the express lanes, and its rare any shelf is empty unless its a crazy good deal and then I put it down to couponers clearing them
    ~ ~ ~

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I would say Walmart is always concerned that shoppers spend money in their stores. Their general lack of customer service, including having 75% of their tills closed even when shoppers are lined up in the aisles, and their often empty grocery shelves tells me that customer satisfaction is not particularly high on their list.
    I have to agree with you on the lane situation. I know a lot of people that work at Walmart and they've told me that they don't get nearly as many hours as those used to even though it's just as busy as it was before. I guess you're right in that regard; they aren't really giving good customer service. I was talking more in terms of the coupons and when the customer actually gets to the cash register. Getting there does take a while now that I think about it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thesebaby shower invites are crazy simple while still allowing the textures, colors and E.H. Shepard illustrations to convey the theme and the tone of baby Tessa’s party.
    Last edited by yowooky; Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    That may be the case at your local walmart, mine is crazy busy but always has lots of lanes open, and at least 3 people on the express lanes, and its rare any shelf is empty unless its a crazy good deal and then I put it down to couponers clearing them
    My Walmart is a new Super Walmart that opened about 6 months ago and I can't figure out their lack of service and stock. They put huge money into a new store but there are many times I have gone in and found depleted stock. In fact, they have even run out of milk by 7 p.m. on more than one occasion. They do have the express check-outs staffed, but rarely have many cashiers on the other tills. Given that we have a huge grocery section, there are a lot of shoppers who don't qualify for "express". I had thought it might be 'opening pains' and had hoped they would adjust within a couple of months. Unfortunately, not the case. I think it's fine if you shop during the week-days but I'm not able to do that.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Checked out the Walmart at WhiteOaks Mall in London yesterday.

Customer Service said the only coupons they really won't accept are the Coupon Zone ones (I didn't ask about competitor coupon as I've never used them there, but I imagine it would be the same).

So that Walmart does accept printed coupons (that have expiry dates/bar code/manufacturer coupon), save.ca, websaver and brandsaver coupons, as well as coupons you receive in inserts and product coupons found in store.
    web3 likes this.

savin' money!
    Trading Score
    184 (99%)

My local Walmart (Vancouver) is not allowing you to price match a competitor's store price AND use a coupon...its either/or. BUMMER!!!! While this is frustrating...I will still shop there as I find they have the best prices around town.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information