User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tweetybird999

Thread: Crappy coupons?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    106 (100%)

I've seen lots on here especially with trains saying "no crappy coupons" but really every coupon has potential doesnt it? I mean just because i think its a crappy coupon or someone else doesn't mean that its a crappy coupon to another person. If you paid for the coupon then i can see if its a "crappy" one that you would be upset but really we all get them different places for free so we aren't losing anything.

What do you consider a crappy coupon.....I've seen on one post no "crappy" coupons being P&G but how are they crappy? What is considered crappy? Isn't it to each his own for what they consider crap, just because i think its crap doesn't mean the next person will think its crap.

What do you think?

Jess
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would have to agree with you, I don't consider there to be any "crappy coupon" out there. Like you, what I consider to be a "crappy coupon" could be someone else's amazing coupon. I think what they mean is, if they can get the coupon online, print it out or have it mailed to their house, then everyone can or has that coupon. I think that is what they mean in general....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    106 (100%)

But that's where most people get them....especially anyone who is a newbie. Chances of getting the same coupons that everyone else gets are higher than not getting the same....i mean we all use the same information pretty much, that's why we come to this forum. All of the information is shared on here everyone tells everyone or posts which is the same thing lol. A coupon is a coupon i would think, i'm happy to get any coupon even if it isn't something that i buy. Someone else i'm sure would love the coupon.....they shouldn't say crappy coupons, they should have a different term.....that's what i think....Just my 2 cents.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ I agree with you on that, maybe the wording should be changed I do have coupons I don't use but I usually trade them at meetings or leave them at certain places were i shop so others can use them. I have used printed coupons before and have no problem using them. I guess people are looking for maybe those one of kind coupons that only come out once in awhile. Or coupons that are hard to get through some companies. Like for an example, I have coupons with no expiry date on them that I got through certain companies. Or tear pad coupons that you can only find in certain stores. But I understand where you are coming from.

But it also I think depends on lifestyle, certain people want certain coupons they use for products they use everyday. And every person is different.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Tue, Mar 27th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Boberrymom, I always go through what they are listing to make sure what they think is "crappy" is not my definition of "crappy." I don't use hair dye but my mom does. I would consider hair dye coupons crappy but she wouldn't. She doesn't bake but I do, she would consider condensed milk coupons crappy, but I don't. I have no kids and don't need baby or kids coupons. Lots here do. To me the definition of "crappy" is those low value coupons: "buy 4, save 40 cents." That's a low value when they're making you buy a load of stuff. Also, I don't take printable coupons because I have a printer and none of the grocery stores in my area accept them. To me, printables are "crappy," but to others who have stores that take them, they're great.

I think some people call insert coupons crappy because a lot of people get tons when they do recycle walks. To someone like me who lives in an apartment building that gets no flyers or inserts at all, inserts are valuable to me because I can't get them. Lots of people wanted nothing to do with pistachio coupons that were in an insert a while ago. I assume they don't like pistachios. But my dad eats lots of pistachios so those coups were extremely valuable to me and saved my parents tons of money. To each their own, so I just ignore when people say "no crappy coupons."
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Mar 27th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

No coupons are crappy! they each have their particular value to people. If you cant or dont use the coupons, trade them, or give they away. Do some RAOK. Ive done that before on this site and i still do!

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

its the same as "one man's junk is another mans treasure"

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

You made me smile. I totally agree that everyone's needs are different and everyone uses different coupons. I collect all coupons just so I can trade if I don't use them. I don't have kids or pets, so those coupons would be gold to someone else..but I must say, a couple of the inserts that have come out since Christmas (not the newest one) I have looked at them and thought to myself " Those are Crappy Coupons"!! LOL....and had to remind myself that someone can probably use them. I keep coupons until they near expiry and if I can't use, trade or give to family, etc, I just leave them in stores near the product.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    106 (100%)

Thanks so much for the input i thought i was nuts. The information is great!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrixyLuxx View Post
    its the same as "one man's junk is another mans treasure"
    totally, it all comes down to what you use on a regular basis and would be happy to save some $$ on!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Lol!! I thought this thread was about crappy coupons!! Like last year when I was in New York state there was a coupon for 0.03 off!!! WTH!!!!

I agree with all of you ..it all depends what your needs are!! Baby coupons are crap coupons to me

I don't like when conductors say no crap coupons....but I don't do trains
    New mom October 2014!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Ok, $.03 cents off is a pretty crappy coupon.

The way I understand the no crappy coupon thing, especially on traditional trains, is around because people would take higher value coupons, or really good tear pad coupons (and by really good, I mean popular, hard to find, or heavily requested) and then stuff the envelope with glade smellies and hair dye. That's not fair the next rider(s). It's not meant to be insulting, it's meant to make sure it's fair for everyone riding.

I've ridden trains where there's nothing for me in the envie...they coupons weren't crappy, just not for me If you're on a train and you REALLY want hair dye or some such thing, say so, and ask that some be included for you...I ask for insert coupons all the time, in trades and on trains.
    Last edited by iceblueraven; Tue, Mar 27th, 2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I type so fast I forget words.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    106 (100%)

Yeah 0.03 off is a crappy coupon lol, but its 3 cents i wouldn't have to pay lol. I can understand that they don't want people taking out really really good coupons and putting in stuff that isn't extremely popular.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

lol. I think we can all agree that $0.03 off is a crappy coupon. But really, conductors have to be specific. To me pet food, vitamins, blood sugar meters, carpet cleaners, baby items are crappy, but not to everyone. I don't do trains any more, but if it is a no pet or baby train, that should be clear. I think the statement "no crap on this train" is more of a sales pitch than anything.
    iceblueraven likes this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I personally consider crappy coupons on trains to be the ones with high $ valuefor items that people dont buy often. Like the $10 off an electric toothbrush, $5 off cold sore cream, $10 off swiffer sweep and vac starter kit etc. No conductor really wants the envie to be full of only these kinds of coupons by the time it gets to the final passengers..I personally consider it respectful for fellow riders not to put this kind of coupon back on a train. They are all extremely easy to come by and you never see them on anyones wishlists. Thats just my opinion tho.

Thread Information