User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Finding Deals
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Just wondering if anybody out there also shares coupons with the cashiers that are helpful and non-judgemental with respect to your coupon use? I have a few that I always offer coupons to that never give me trouble or charge me for bags, etc. Coupon karma I guess.

IT
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yes, and a lot of them ask me where I get my coupons after they see my end total. I believe in the saying "what goes around, comes around".

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Not only share coupons but they tear off a piece of the blank receipt paper from their register and I give them the names of the websites where they can get coupons for themselves

One teen cashier guy told me that his mom was super happy about the websites and told him to tell me thanks when he saw me next

He's a good cashier so I go to his line when he is on shift. If we have time we talk about other money saving ideas including ideas for him for school - Loblaws scholarships, SPC card, Bulk Barn student discount....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For those who have had bad experiences with some cashiers - teens or adults, sometimes just offering a coupon or taking a split second to explain the deals in your order, makes you a new and friendlier cashier.

In defense of cashiers, they get some not so nice treatment from bosses and lazy coworkers and some don't know how not to pass on their bad mood to the customers.

Coupon fairying is a nice way of schmoozing your cashier, and making a new friend.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (100%)

Yes, I've shared my coupons with one cashier before. She accepted my coupons and said "wow, this is a great coupon, did you get this here?" Told her no but I gave her some and she was very grateful. She was all excited!

Trading Score
    125 (100%)

I also share my coupons with cashiers, as well as either the people ahead of me or behind me if I see that they have items for coupons that I won't be using. It makes the price match and coupon wait experience for them a little easier. It's my way of also helping others when I shop.
    I am looking for breathe right strips (samples) robax coupons and samples.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Yes I've shared some coupons with cashiers as well. Sharing the SC website has also been a great hit. It's true, you do sometimes get the cashiers that could care less and will have attitude no matter what you try but all in all, my experiences have been positive and sharing coupons with the cashiers and fellow shoppers only seems to help make the whole experience more fun.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MamasitaDonna View Post
    It's true, you do sometimes get the cashiers that could care less and will have attitude no matter what you try but all in all, my experiences have been positive and sharing coupons with the cashiers and fellow shoppers only seems to help make the whole experience more fun.
    Those cashiers may just need a little more time to warm up to you or to come around to seeing the value of the coupons. I don't give up on them either.

If they see a great score in my groceries, I let them know where they are in the store and tell them to go over on their break. They usually come around by that point.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

ALWAYS!!!! I give the cashiers some and if I notice I have a coupon for the person in front or behind me I usually pass some on to them!! Especially diapers and baby things!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just had an amazing experience last week with a cashier. She was surprised with all the coupons I used and told her how I got them and go to SC she got paper out from the recipt machine and I wrote it down for her. She said she does coupon but not extreme. After she saw my total she applauded me and showed her mom I guess who is also a cashier at Wal mart. I was planning to give her some when I see her again

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I always hand out coupons and FPC's to cashiers.... i gave 40 POM, $4 covergirl and a bunch of gain coupons to the cashier at No Frills last week, she was excited. I also gave some dove FPC's and movie tickets to the cashier at SDM a little while ago, she is a single mom of 3.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I give them to the cashiers if they are patient or I have a complicated transaction.

When I worked at Zellers, a really nice customer once offered me a $5 gift card for my patience, but we were not allowed to take those because they were considered bribes.... But coupons have no cash value so you give them out and not worry about getting a cashier in trouble, and still give them a little something for their efforts
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

Yep, I have. Alot ask me where I get the coupons cause they love the deals. So I tell them and then give them some.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Yes. There is a cashier at Shoppers that I always share my coupons with. If a cahsier makes a comment about a great coupon and I have an extra I am happy to offer it to them.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information