User Tag List

Page 1807 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 807 1307 1707 1757 1797 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1817 1857 1907 2307 2807 ... LastLast
Results 27,091 to 27,105 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

  1. #27091
    CaNewbie chococanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    80
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    I like getting on the list even if it is honourable mention..whoohoo!!!

    now to drink more Neocitran and rest up..this illness will not take me without a fight..of sorts..

    have a great night..repping where i can!

  2. #27092
    Smart Canuck michelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    oshawa,ont
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,910
    Likes Received
    104
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    A little nervous to say" gnite" to all my Qfriends but ill say it anyways even without saying a winning word,LOL

  3. #27093
    practice makes perfect divotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    361
    Likes Received
    357
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by M7arbles View Post
    I gave up trying to post first, i am as slow as a three toed sloth which also makes it difficult to type, you know, three toes and all. plus i ussually listen to the radio on the computer and i think theres a slight delay.
    you are right. there is a 30 to 45 sec delay from songs played on the radio to the computer.

  4. #27094
    CrazyGilligan psells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,604
    Likes Received
    6739
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by RandyWize View Post
    This is Seleenas post, post # 26973 posted yesterday at 4:56 pm on page 1799.

    "With all the guessing and the "it's not on my list" posts here, it's getting very hard to find the announced word, and to have to go through the playlist to find the time of day is extreme, albeit necessary.

    Personally, I'm beginning to wonder if the overhead here isn't simply too much. Placing the persistent guessers on "ignore" (I learned how to do this!) is one possible solution to cut down on the bogus word posts but not a very friendly or social thing to do.

    I still can't help but wonder if the bogus ballots (or contestants) aren't quietly being discarded behind the scenes by the Q .. safe to assume that they'd never notify anyone of their disqualification due to the customer service implications.

    And poor Andit!! She wades through all this for our nightly summary."

    After reading this I thought Id take a look ,at what I already knew, but take a look to put things into perspective for those of you that do not understand. Since her post, which was posted at 4:56pm yesterday on page 1799, just 25 short hours ago there have been 330 posts. That is 31 pages of posts in just a hair over one day to catch up on an estimated 23 ways to gather up points! Shouldnt that equal 23 posts, lets just say 30 to leave room for some comments. C'mon folks, is this not getting out of hand. I understand that there should be room for some social activity but this borders on obsurd. There are PM's if people feel the need for chit-chat or typing only to see their name shining brightly in the cyber space lights. This is why I posted the other sites name to score Q words because it is more business than social and it doesnt seem to be a competion to see who posts first which adds all sorts of unnecessary posts for Andit to wade through, not to try and fish out potential Members as one obnoxious, outspoken and immature Smartcanuck suggested. Although Maggierocks post was a little over the top, her point was understood, by me at least.

    Anyways friends, you have heard my rant and this is all I shall say on the subject. Well said Seleena! Well said, and point well taken .

    Randy

    LOL- While I was writing this post people made 8 posts, lol. 8 posts, nothing to do with winning words . One member posted 4 times and said nothing! I dont get it,
    Sorry, just my opinion. I believe I am entitled
    Why not just scroll past what you don't want to read? I checked back 8 posts and it appears you spent 1 hr 25 minutes writing your post. I don't think I spend that much time on here in a week. The conversations and running jokes add to the thread, in my humble (okay not so humble) opinion.

  5. #27095
    ~ƃuılıǝɔ ǝɥʇ uo ƃuıɔuɐp~ koala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    42,527
    Likes Received
    137
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)




    Just use your report buttons if you have issues.

    I have a sick family and I really don't have the patience to deal with this
    Last edited by koala; Thu, Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: explosive comment removed

  6. #27096
    Cat Trainer (Trainee??) Andit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,849
    Likes Received
    23749
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)




    I first joined SC because of a certain thread related to a points site, similar to Q, although it is not a radio station. It was friendly & chatty for a while, then some folks were upset about wading through pages of chatter to find the words. There was talk of shutting down the thread because of complaints from those who didn't enjoy the chatter & join in the fun. Fortunately, there was a moderator who was part of the friendly chit chat & after some voting amongst the folks on the thread, a happy medium was found. There are still occasional grumbles that chit chat doesn't belong in a thread related to gathering points, but once folks are made aware that there are alternatives to wading through endless pages of chit chat, the grumbling fades away.

    I've not been a member of the Q thread for very long. Other folks have posted recaps in the past & done a very admirable job of it. I began doing it as a matter of course since it hadn't appeared for a few days (as some here have done when I've been late in posting).

    Most nights, I post a recap of the day's words at 9:15 (or whenever Alex mentions the code). On days when I have a bit of a life & actually go out, I post the recap when I get home & a mini recap before I leave, usually around 4pm. Yes, I post who was first, etc, but I post the winning words in bold so they stand out and are easy to read. I also do my best to post them in the order they appear under the Listen & Win tab, to make entering them straightforward.

    I am more than happy to do the recap. It takes me an hour at most (including interruptions) to go through the day's posts & pull out the words. Personally, I enjoy reading what others post & getting a glimpse into their lives. Maybe I'm strange but I like hearing about people's kids, cats, dogs, cars, high schools, et al. I truly don't understand why people get so upset, especially when there are other options available to them to get the words.

    If there is something I can do to make it easier for folks who don't want to go through pages of posts to get their words, I'm open to suggestions.

    For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

  7. #27097
    CaNewbie Ozcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Age
    54
    Posts
    52
    Likes Received
    293
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by RandyWize View Post
    This is Seleenas post, post # 26973 posted yesterday at 4:56 pm on page 1799.

    "With all the guessing and the "it's not on my list" posts here, it's getting very hard to find the announced word, and to have to go through the playlist to find the time of day is extreme, albeit necessary.

    Personally, I'm beginning to wonder if the overhead here isn't simply too much. Placing the persistent guessers on "ignore" (I learned how to do this!) is one possible solution to cut down on the bogus word posts but not a very friendly or social thing to do.

    I still can't help but wonder if the bogus ballots (or contestants) aren't quietly being discarded behind the scenes by the Q .. safe to assume that they'd never notify anyone of their disqualification due to the customer service implications.

    And poor Andit!! She wades through all this for our nightly summary."

    After reading this I thought Id take a look ,at what I already knew, but take a look to put things into perspective for those of you that do not understand. Since her post, which was posted at 4:56pm yesterday on page 1799, just 25 short hours ago there have been 330 posts. That is 31 pages of posts in just a hair over one day to catch up on an estimated 23 ways to gather up points! Shouldnt that equal 23 posts, lets just say 30 to leave room for some comments. C'mon folks, is this not getting out of hand. I understand that there should be room for some social activity but this borders on obsurd. There are PM's if people feel the need for chit-chat or typing only to see their name shining brightly in the cyber space lights. This is why I posted the other sites name to score Q words because it is more business than social and it doesnt seem to be a competion to see who posts first which adds all sorts of unnecessary posts for Andit to wade through, not to try and fish out potential Members as one obnoxious, outspoken and immature Smartcanuck suggested. Although Maggierocks post was a little over the top, her point was understood, by me at least.

    Anyways friends, you have heard my rant and this is all I shall say on the subject. Well said Seleena! Well said, and point well taken .

    Randy

    LOL- While I was writing this post people made 8 posts, lol. 8 posts, nothing to do with winning words . One member posted 4 times and said nothing! I dont get it,
    Sorry, just my opinion. I believe I am entitled
    The extraneous posting wouldn't add up to so many pages if people would stop using such large fonts!

    Oz

  8. #27098
    Smart Canuck ic_ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,063
    Likes Received
    2322
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Great job AndiT, keep it up...

  9. #27099
    CaNewbie Ozcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Age
    54
    Posts
    52
    Likes Received
    293
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    I first joined SC because of a certain thread related to a points site, similar to Q, ....
    Well said Andit, and thanks for all the recaps!

    Oz

  10. #27100
    Smart Canuck ic_ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,063
    Likes Received
    2322
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    This is but a blip in the contest machine, things will return to normal next week when:
    the entries have been entered...
    the peoples minds have been re-centered
    the lurkers will lurk for no gain...
    and all will be happy again...
    and no one will need to peek...
    I hope this comes true of what I speak...

    hey..I'm no Loocie...

  11. #27101
    Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    19,186
    Likes Received
    899
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by maggierocks View Post
    WELL SAID KOALA.........

    I HAD TO LET MY MEMBERSHIP DRIFT AWAY FOR REASONS THAT REALLY CREEPED ME OUT. I DO LIKE TO DROP IN TIME TO TIME (USUALLY NOT SIGNED IN)TO SEE PEOPLE WHO ARE TRULY NICE AND MATURE. HALF THE TIME, MY 13 YEAR OLD ACTS OLDER THAT THOSE OF THIS THREAD. YOU HAVE AN DONE, ANDOVER THE TOP JOB IN HERE.(YEAH THE POWERS THAT BE I MEAN) I KNOW THE REST OF YOU THREADMATES WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE TORMENTER. HE KNOWS WHO HE IS, HE IS NOT A MODERATOR, SO BACK OFF AND LEAVE THE RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE MODERATORS!!!!!! FOLKS WHO KNOW THEIR'WORDS"AND ' LITTLE CHIT CHAT' EEP IT UP.
    Pp,s. NO ONE NEEDs A TOTORIAL ON HOW TO WORK THE THRREAD. WE ARE NOT S?P.s.>>> aLL THE NICE POLITE AND GOOD PEOPLE PLEASE DISREGAART THIS POST L

    Please remember that we don't attack other Sc'ers like that though either. Lets please play nice. You guys were doing good for so long.


    There is a WIKI for words only and then theres this thread, thats for general Q chit chat and other clean chat. No vote for me threads are tolerated though, theres a section for that in contests.

    BUT it was decided a LONG time ago that this thread is also for chit chat. Don't wanna chat? Then use the wiki (if its still being kept up)
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

  12. #27102
    80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brampton
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,134
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    City Nicknames A
    Hoaxes & Urban Legends C
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

    They both look good until they hit the ice.

  13. #27103
    80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brampton
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,134
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    BUT it was decided a LONG time ago that this thread is also for chit chat. Don't wanna chat? Then use the wiki (if its still being kept up)
    The chit chat was, for me, what set this thread apart from the other, dull-as-dishwater forum I used to use for posting and picking up words and codes.

    Unfortunately, because my employer expects me to work without the distraction of forums all of a sudden, my chit chat has been kept to barely a chit.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

    They both look good until they hit the ice.

  14. #27104
    6ffighter9 6ffightr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,338
    Likes Received
    194
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    [quote=Ozcam;1509646]The extraneous posting wouldn't add up to so many pages if people would stop using such large fonts!

    Or using the quotes in large fonts when replying as you just did.

  15. #27105
    6ffighter9 6ffightr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,338
    Likes Received
    194
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    The chit chat was, for me, what set this thread apart from the other, dull-as-dishwater forum I used to use for posting and picking up words and codes.

    Unfortunately, because my employer expects me to work without the distraction of forums all of a sudden, my chit chat has been kept to barely a chit.
    And we thank him for it. LOL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •