User Tag List

Page 1954 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 954 1454 1854 1904 1944 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1964 2004 2054 2454 2954 ... LastLast
Results 29,296 to 29,310 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ah, yes. It's time for lot's of Christmas cheer.

This will probably sound preachy, but let's all remember that Christmas cheer and car keys don't mix. Many years ago, I lost five friends whose car was struck by an intoxicated driver who was coming home from a Christmas party. He walked away, while none of my friends survived. It left an indelible mark on my conscience.

If you were a passenger in my plane,you would want me to be 100% sober, and you'd be right. I owe you the duty of care to provide you with a safe ride. Your passengers, and the folks who share the road with you, deserve nothing less than that as well, IMHO.

As Sgt. Jablonski used to say, "Let's be careful out there".
    A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Never beam down in a red shirt!
    The reason the Captain gets the girl IS because he's the Captain.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by myopic_mouse View Post
    A very good morning to everyone!

Hope everyone has a marvelous Hump Day!!
    Thanks for the overnight winning words and reps.

For some reason I feel like doing some karaoke this weekend, Who's with me????
    for some of us(and hopefully many more) the hump was a cliff...done till the 4th...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy123 View Post

This will probably sound preachy, but let's all remember that Christmas cheer and car keys don't mix. Many years ago, I lost five friends whose car was struck by an intoxicated driver who was coming home from a Christmas party. He walked away, while none of my friends survived. It left an indelible mark on my conscience.

If you were a passenger in my plane,you would want me to be 100% sober, and you'd be right. I owe you the duty of care to provide you with a safe ride. Your passengers, and the folks who share the road with you, deserve nothing less than that as well, IMHO.

As Sgt. Jablonski used to say, "Let's be careful out there".
    Very well said, be cheerful but live and play safely.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
    Last edited by Gold Lion; Wed, Dec 23rd, 2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: I just had to do it.
    This Month's Cool Site - Google Translate for Animals

Friends are a very rare jewel indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

developed a nasty cold!... no fair! I've got a lot of cooking to do over the next few days

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[quote=truenorthstrongnfree;1581317]
    Quote Originally Posted by myopic_mouse View Post

WHY don't they make potato chips flavoured like Hickory Sticks? When I'm eating a bag of chips, it's a treat to find that one or two chips that got slightly burned and given that Hickory Stick flavour... if I had any pull with the people at Hostess or Frito Lay, that would be my first order of business.
    LOL Thats sooo funny back when I used to eat all that chips and stuff I used to say to my best friend who was my pig out pal back then that I wished they would make a bag of chips called "Mistake" chips,ones that are all bubble chips and burnt ones and the ones that get too much stuff on them HAHA,Oh those were the days,,,giggle,
    Did I tell ya once I gave up on those chips and family size boxes of smarties I actually have lost 95lbs and am now a spokesperson for living healthy,,,ohhh a good thing really I was a mess,,,LOL

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Now time for a drink,Im finally off for a few days Yahooo,hope everyone is having a great night
    time to send around some Christmas reps

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[quote=FlyGuy123;1582477]Ah, yes. It's time for lot's of Christmas cheer.

As Sgt. Jablonski used to say, "Let's be careful out there". [/quote

OMG, I'm really sorry to hear that. wow, that would be terrible to say the least! How do things like this happen, well I know that guy was intoxicated but to kill all those people and walk away!.... I'm sorry, really, thats a hard one to go through.... You are absolutely right

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, hope all is well out there in Q land!!!

Just finished making and eating a smoked salmon on linguine dinner. Hope there is not too much more stress out there for you guys! I have to go once more tommorrow for groceries.

Our 9:15ish winning word is:

merry

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    OMG, I'm really sorry to hear that. wow, that would be terrible to say the least! How do things like this happen, well I know that guy was intoxicated but to kill all those people and walk away!.... I'm sorry, really, thats a hard one to go through.... You are absolutely right
    It is many, many years ago now and the hurt was slowly replaced by a strong resolve to prevent similar accidents from happening in the future (although I'd argue that it was not an "accident" at all). The guy was a repeat offender and he strutted around our small town like nothing happened, that is until the judge threw the maximum penalty at him. I guess a few years in jail had an effect, because he finally got sober.

Let's face it, most of us grew up in an era when we often turned a blind eye to drinking and driving. I was as guilty as the next guy. Some from our generation still live in the past and think they know better. I'd hate for them to learn the same lesson we had to learn at the expense of our friends.

In any case, I will always remember the effect that event had on an entire community. If it would have kept the guy off the road, the cost of a taxi or a hotel room would have gladly been payed by all of us who cared about those five people who died in the prime of their lives. We came up with the idea of the designated driver long before it was in vogue. I was proud to see my son take a taxi home from his company Christmas party last weekend. He gets it, and it seems that more of his generation are starting to get it too.

I will be chasing Santa around the skies tomorrow night, so I will say it now - have a great Christmas everyone!

FG123
    A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Never beam down in a red shirt!
    The reason the Captain gets the girl IS because he's the Captain.

Michele - 33 Year Q Fan mjones58's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy123 View Post

For my 2 cents. I lost a good friend (actually boy friend) to drinking and driving. He grabbed the wheel from the drunk driver, saved the other 3 passengers and ended up pinned in the rollover. At least it was quick. Early 20's up north on the back roads. A lot of us learned a lesson that day.
    Cheers!
    Michele J (www.quality-computing.com)
    My pussy cat, Wishes, sayin hi.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well the mall trip turned turned out quite well today. The parking lot was pretty full but the lineups in the stores weren't bad at all....and my daughter was able to find what she was after. Thanks everyone for all the reps and the Christmas wishes. I hope you all have the best Christmas ever....

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

City Nicknames C
    Hoaxes & Urban Legends B

How Stuff Works.com was once a leper colony
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jack Bauer is on the Naughty List!

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

* Dec 24 *

tdich--- A

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

* Dec 24 *

sports --- C

Thread Information