User Tag List

Page 2363 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1363 1863 2263 2313 2353 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2373 2413 2463 2863 ... LastLast
Results 35,431 to 35,445 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by myopic_mouse View Post
    I understand, boy's will by boy's, but death threats coming from an 8 yr old?/?? There is something seriously wrong here. If that was my little girl he was threatening to kill (along with her family) I don't think I'd be so calm about it. This is serious situation that should be dealt with before, rather than too late.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm a bad person but stuff like that really gets to me.
    You're absolutely right and it sounds like this is a kid who needs professional help.
    It wasn't my intention to make less of the situation. I merely meant to say that in most instances there is nothing to worry about and overreaction can cause more trouble than it need.
    Some kids just don't know how much reaction is too much.
    If this were my daughter you bet I'd be all over this. But I didn't want to worry Karmac unnecessarily in the event that this was less than it seems to be. You wouldn't believe the stuff I hear sometimes. But saying "I'll kill you!" isn't necessarily a serious threat.
    How many times have you said it with out meaning it?
    Kids sometimes just say it with more feeling behind it...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by myopic_mouse View Post
    I understand, boy's will by boy's, but death threats coming from an 8 yr old?/?? There is something seriously wrong here. If that was my little girl he was threatening to kill (along with her family) I don't think I'd be so calm about it. This is serious situation that should be dealt with before, rather than too late.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm a bad person but stuff like that really gets to me.
    Nope. You don't seem like a bad person at all. On the contrary, it makes you a good person to feel bothered.

I'm not sure why I'm calm now, possibly because I believe the child is simply choosing inappropriate words to verbalize his anger and am convinced that he will not go through with it. But when it happened last month, my daughter asked me to talk to him and I told her that I couldn't because I wasn't sure that I could control my anger and might end up hurting him.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by driver_91 View Post
    You wouldn't believe the stuff I hear sometimes. But saying "I'll kill you!" isn't necessarily a serious threat.
    How many times have you said it with out meaning it?
    Kids sometimes just say it with more feeling behind it...

I've heard that too. But never overheard a kid saying to their friend "I'm going to bring in a gun and shoot Megmac and her mom and dad and sister". It blew me away so bad (figuratively of course). I kept thinking how nice I had been to the kid. I even gave him some of my lunch on the school trip when he didn't have enough to eat and this is the thanks I get.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry I got my knickers in a knot Claws came out!! I'm one of those "oh no you din't say that" lol

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    OK. I don't know if I'm going to get in trouble or not but I talked directly to an 8 year old boy who's in my daughter's class at lunch time. Yesterday was the second time since Christmas that he's threatened to kill my daughter. (the first time I was totally irate when I heard he wanted to take out all four of us). The little twerp couldn't even look me in the eye. I didn't even mention what was said buy my approach was "I would like to help. If my daughter is doing anything that bugs you, let me know. I can tell her to stop." he said "she looks at me with a angry face". That's all he could come up with? I don't know what to think. Has anyone else had similar experiences?
    There are only two groups of people with whom you should have addressed this matter: 1) School Authorities; and 2) The Police. Doing anything else may in fact cause harm to your daughter, rather than protect her. This is not a matter to be taken lightly.
    Last edited by Summer365; Tue, Feb 9th, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    crunchy
    extra smooth!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week's bonus code is *Island*

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone know the Cheap Trick Bonus Code?
    Hi Duffer, I entered Qzoo and was rewarded with 200,000 points.

ChouChou

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Work's getting in the way this aft - but wanted to pop in and say

To Shaman & EV - tally ho, pip pip, cheerio and all that rot, gov'nas.

To Karmac - you are one cool cucumber. Age notwithstanding, I would have involved my local constabulary by now. A child yelling "I'll kill you" is not the same as the virulence that came out of that boy's mouth. In this case, I don't think it possible to overreact.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    To Karmac - you are one cool cucumber. Age notwithstanding, I would have involved my local constabulary by now. A child yelling "I'll kill you" is not the same as the virulence that came out of that boy's mouth. In this case, I don't think it possible to overreact.
    I agree completely!
    Last edited by Summer365; Tue, Feb 9th, 2010 at 03:48 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does anyone know the answer
    What was the name of Q107's private balcony inside the Sound Academy
    Thank You

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    I've heard that too. But never overheard a kid saying to their friend "I'm going to bring in a gun and shoot Megmac and her mom and dad and sister". It blew me away so bad (figuratively of course). I kept thinking how nice I had been to the kid. I even gave him some of my lunch on the school trip when he didn't have enough to eat and this is the thanks I get.
    No! I'd be worried now, after that. Maybe it's time the police did have a chat with this kid and his parent/s. This sounds like something the kid has thought about and your daughter was (un)lucky enough to be the first he said it to.

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by oakley View Post
    does anyone know the answer
    What was the name of Q107's private balcony inside the Sound Academy
    Thank You

Q-dokan
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LinkSynergy uses a commercial marketing cookie that generally tracks consumer browsing habits on affiliate and publisher websites. This information can be retrieved by the parent company to determine the rate of sales, the efficiency of their ads, and the best marketing techniques for their advertisers. While this is not a serious security threat, users concerned about the collection of marketing data from their PCs when browsing the Internet have the option of using SpyHunter to remove this object if they wish.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by Summer365; Tue, Feb 9th, 2010 at 07:56 PM.

Thread Information