User Tag List

Page 2582 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1582 2082 2482 2532 2572 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2592 2632 2682 ... LastLast
Results 38,716 to 38,730 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    At the risk of starting an Oxford/Webster-like debate rivalling our snow tire/all-season radial one:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shellacking

The problem is we have to decide on an official dictionary first. I have seen at three correct spellings so far according to word checks, spell checks and dictionaries.
    Last edited by 6ffightr9; Thu, Feb 25th, 2010 at 03:58 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Oh yeah - absoutely can still hear it (as a matter of fact, may put the call out to Owdatoon if it doesn't go away soon...)

When I was younger, it creeped me out so much that as the years went by, I never did stop and find out exactly what it was for. Was it the "invisible dog" leash?
    LOL!!
    No. It was a catch-phrase that a Carnie came up with to "attract" people to his booth. I think it was the fish pond, but memory is scarce.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Neon View Post
    Got curious after your post...was there any reference to where BJS was from? Nothing in his Wikipedia reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacque_Jacque_Shellacque

he was either from the Yukon, (or Northern Quebec based on his accent) ... but if I remember correctly, I think they used the Yukon ... remember the game of black jack and Bugs stayed with just one card .... a classic!

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jim_tazman View Post
    he was either from the Yukon, (or Northern Quebec based on his accent) ... but if I remember correctly, I think they used the Yukon ... remember the game of black jack and Bugs stayed with just one card .... a classic!
    One of his appearances was in the Yukon. The one where Buggs was bringing all the "useless yellow rocks" he was finding to the saloon in exchange for carrots from the bartender. In the other appearance, he was damming the river, preventing Buggs from taking a shower.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    One of his appearances was in the Yukon. The one where Buggs was bringing all the "useless yellow rocks" he was finding to the saloon in exchange for carrots from the bartender. In the other appearance, he was damming the river, preventing Buggs from taking a shower.

Blacque Jacque Shellacque

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Blacque Jacque Shellacque is a fictional cartoon character in the Looney Tunes cartoons. He was created by Robert McKimson and first appeared in the 1959 short Bonanza Bunny.
    While similar in many ways to Yosemite Sam—both are short in stature and temper—Blacque Jacque possesses his own unique characteristics, not the least of which is his comically thick French Canadian accent, performed by Mel Blanc. Also, like Yosemite Sam and many other villains, Blacque Jacque Shellacque does not have a high level of intelligence, preferring to use force instead of strategy to fight Bugs.

[edit] Appearances

Blacque Jacque first appeared in Bonanza Bunny, which takes place in the middle of the Klondike gold rush. Blacque Jacque attempts to seize Bugs' bag of gold (actually "a bunch of rocks and some yellow paint," according to Bugs) through card cheating, trickery, and out-and-out threats, but Bugs outwits him as always and defeats him by replacing his bag of gold with gunpowder while poking a hole in the bag and tossing a lit match on it causing a massive explosion.
    Blacque Jacque later clashed with Bugs in 1962's Wet Hare, in which his illegal damming of a river ("Me feel like pezky little beav-aire!") brings him into conflict with the rabbit—not only because he is committing a crime, but because he has blocked off the waterfall that Bugs uses as a shower. After demolishing several of Blacque Jacque's dams, Bugs turns the tables by damming the river upstream of Jacque's dam. Jacque, unsurprisingly, is enraged and wheels a small cannon along the riverbed to destroy Bugs' dam—but when he does he only reveals another dam further upstream. Jacque blows up several of Bugs' dams in succession and finally follows Bugs all the way to the "Grand Cooler Dam" (a pun on the name of the Grand Coulee Dam). Jacque tries to blow it up with his cannon, but the dam is so massive and thick that the cannonball he launches ricochets back into the cannon's barrel and the recoiling force lands both Jacque and the cannon into the back of a waiting paddy wagon.
    Last edited by WolfDio; Thu, Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have always loved going down to the CNE. When I was a teen we used to go down almost every day (snuck in most of the time). Just went for the rides, to hang around and see good bands. In the late 60's they had a place called "time being" and there were great bands playing in there. Even last year I enjoyed quite a few bands at the Labatt Stage- Tributes to Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, U2 etc. and I seen quite a few at the Bandshell - Michael White doing Led Zeppelin, World Class Rockers, a blues night with Johnny Winter etc. I always make sure my holidays don't coincide with when it is on so I can go down quite often, some people say there's not much happening but I always find stuff to do with the shows etc. There's always a bitter sweet feeling at that end knowing summer will be coming to an end....

The Grand Stand had some good shows. I remember seeing Aerosmith one year although their sound wasn't working too great that night, The Who, The Police, etc.

Yea, the Shell or Bulova Towers were neat, why did they take them down?

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Loocie's Hockey Hall of Fame post also got me to thinking... is the old home of the HoF still standing? Or have they bulldozed it for parking? I think it was a flea market the last time I was at the CNE?

Here's a great pic. Remember the Bulova Tower?

Back in the days before cellphones, if you didn't want to bring your watch to the CNE, this was the most reliable way to figure out how much time you had to hit the rides before hitting the show at the Grandstand.

And speaking of the Grandstand....

Are any of you old enough to remember THIS incarnation?
    .....I remember the Bulove Tower, and one particular Ex visit that showed the time, then the temp, which was 109F.....I just about melted that day....and the Grandstand too.,...saw the Osmonds there waaaaay back when dirt was still new to the planet.....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ooooooooo.... I remember the Flyer! When I was a kid, I'd ride ANY rolller coaster. When I was a little older, I remember standing in line to ride the Flyer, and we noticed how the whole thing seemed to lurch around whenever the cars flew past.... so we rode the Polar Express instead. ("Do ya wanna go FASTER???")

....OMG, I was on that thing with my best friend, visiting from Scotland in 72....you went backwards on it, remember?....and the music was pumping out Rock and Roll part 2, Lime in de coconut, School's out.....fabulous year for music that was!!!....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    I remember that too.
    Still can here "Doggie Doggie" when I think if the Ex.
    ....aaarghhhh!!!!....I remember that too!!!....OMG, I am soooo OLD!!!!...LOL!!!!.....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    LOL!!
    No. It was a catch-phrase that a Carnie came up with to "attract" people to his booth. I think it was the fish pond, but memory is scarce.
    ...."doggie do-o-o-o-gie!!!...look at those lovely doggies!!!"....wasn't it a stuffed dog you could win at that booth?...it was right by the Go train entrance.....on your way to Tiny Tim's donuts......hehehe!!!....hey, ya needed something to throw up, when you got on the rides, right?.....
    ......that Zipper ride scared the s**t outta me, NEVER went on that sucker.....I knew so many people who went on it, and a) yakked up their donuts, b) lost all their money outta their pockets, or c) all of the above.....thanks, but I'll pass.....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"I dream of Jeannie, she's a light brown hare"....ROFL!!!.....bugs ROCKS and still does!!!!......TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"I dream of Jeannie, she's a light brown hare"....ROFL!!!.....Bugs ROCKS and still does!!!!......TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Yea, the Shell or Bulova Towers were neat, why did they take them down?
    The ever-reliable Wikipedia says it was demolished in 1986.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post
    ...."doggie do-o-o-o-gie!!!...look at those lovely doggies!!!"....wasn't it a stuffed dog you could win at that booth?...it was right by the Go train entrance.....on your way to Tiny Tim's donuts......hehehe!!!....hey, ya needed something to throw up, when you got on the rides, right?.....
    ......that Zipper ride scared the s**t outta me, NEVER went on that sucker.....I knew so many people who went on it, and a) yakked up their donuts, b) lost all their money outta their pockets, or c) all of the above.....thanks, but I'll pass.....TR
    My Buddy & I used to go on the Zipper Ride all the time.
    We would start rocking it before it even started to get the cabin spinning.
    Always had fun doing that, until my Bud threw off my timing and I smashed my face on the front door grill. Bloodied my nose before the ride started.
    Ahhh... to be young & stupid.
    Now I am just older.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Man, those lyrics are killer....really hard to remember ..

Gid owda yer chair and swinga dem hips...

Thread Information