User Tag List

Page 2679 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1679 2179 2579 2629 2669 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2689 2729 2779 ... LastLast
Results 40,171 to 40,185 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred404 View Post
    Funny enough, I think I visited that breeder about 12 years ago. She had beautiful dogs, but I couldn't convince my ex to commit. She ended up with a toy poodle and I ended up leaving- so I guess it was all for the best.

Good to have her info again, though. Thanks, Tartan!
    ...you are welcome.....I had e-mailed a few different Southern Ontario breeders, but she was the only one who answered any of my questions....I was either ignored, or deemed not fit to be a Berner owner....along with the breed, there are so many snobby people.....dunno why, it's just a dog like any other....anyway, she got my business, and I would recommend her to anyone....TR

p.s....um...looking at your avatar pic, should I be addressing you as BigPurple now?....LOL!!!....( teasing you!!!).....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC View Post
    from your post I took that you do not like any kind of dog and I thought you moght like cats
    If you wanna know what kind of dog 6ffighter9 likes you may get a clue from his avie.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Yea Karmac I like those little Bichon Frise's too. They are kind of similar to the Maltese aren't they? I feel so sorry for that Maltese puppy (and her owner) who got snatched away by that coyote yesterday! What a horrible thing to happen, really horrible The same fate as little Zoe had to endure down here by the beaches.
    ...poor little critter....the coyote was just doing his thing, tho.....nature can be so beautiful, yet so cruel....TR:-(
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Maybe they can have a contest to write a whole new anthem.

Oh Canada, our home & aching land,
    Instant message me with your Blackberry in your hand,
    With politically correct words we will tow the line,
    & pretend that we’re all fine,
    Our identity has been sacrificed & traditions what are they?
    Whose idea is this? Do they think its bliss?
    Cause it’s lost its meaning anyway
    Oh Canada, where did you go?
    I want the Canada back that I used to know,
    Back to the days when we’d blame Pierre Trudeau,
    Back to the days when we’d blame Pierre Trudeau.

....ah, Loocie....you've done it again, girl!!!!...LOL!!!...I would sing those words, for sure!!!.....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

When I got Lily dog from the shelter, she was 6 months old & had zero training. It took me less than an hour to teach her Sit, Come, Down, her new name (she didn't seem to like her old one) & the name of a couple of toys (yep, she knew the difference - have I mentioned she's smarter than I'll ever be? ).

I'd had Lily about a week. We were coming in from a walk & she was sitting in the corner of the elevator, when a neighbour came in the elevator pushing a toddler in a stroller. `Look at the doggy`, the mother said. Before I could react, the idiot had pinned Lily in the corner with the stroller & the baby had stuck his fingers in Lily`s nostrils. All I could think was, dead baby, dead dog. Luckily, Lily LOVES people. She thought this was great.

After that, I started playing silly games with Lily, to remind her that humans are idiots who do stupid things but are not a threat. So, someone grabbing her tail, collar, ear, whatever is the signal to jump back, sit down & wait for the next step of the `game`. So now she thinks someone hiding around a corner, jumping out & grabbing her is great fun.

I truly wonder about the sanity of people sometimes. I can`t tell you the number of times young children have run up to her & either hit her with a toy or kicked her while their parents were obliviously walking along, drinking a coffee. The adults aren`t any better - who in their right mind walks up to a strange dog & pulls their tail or ears?

Of course, I`ve also had lots of people run up & pet Quincy while he`s sitting on a bench beside me. He`s a little less enthusiastic about rough handling from anyone but me.

People can be so silly.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

DCG winning word 10:20ish

free

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cash grab winning word = free

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dorrdon View Post
    For today's sleuth, look up 3 posts to Truenorthstrongandfree.
    9.9 for Style Points Dorrdon!!

And a belated "Morning All and Welcome Kosmo".

(I really have to start saying "hi" before I jump in ....)
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by waynethegolfer View Post
    Good morning all 10 on Saturday 11 on Sunday .........FORE
    ...oooh boy, that golf bug is reactivated, huh?.....how do you manage to golf in this kind of mucky, muddy ground?....doesn't it do damage to the grass for the rest of the season?....( I'm not a golfer, can you tell?.....and I call myself a Scot.....LOL!!!)....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post

p.s....um...looking at your avatar pic, should I be addressing you as BigPurple now?....LOL!!!....( teasing you!!!).....TR

Ouch! That one made me Grimace!
    Are there any SUBURBAN legends?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    It took me less than an hour to teach her Sit, Come, Down, her new name (she didn't seem to like her old one) .
    My brother-in-law adopted a dog and he would run and hide if you said his old name. He also had nightmares for the first few weeks. They figure he was badly abused but he adjusted OK to his new home.

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ouch! That one made me Grimace!
    Speaking of McDonald's, does anyone know if they'll have Shamrock Shakes this year? I heard a commedian on Just for Laughs talking about items that are on the menu at fast food places "for a limited time only" on the weekend, and he happened to mention them. Now, for the last five days, I've been jonesing for one!
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    Speaking of McDonald's, does anyone know if they'll have Shamrock Shakes this year? I heard a commedian on Just for Laughs talking about items that are on the menu at fast food places "for a limited time only" on the weekend, and he happened to mention them. Now, for the last five days, I've been jonesing for one!
    I'm not really sure, I haven't had one in 25 years or more....although I do make mention of them regularly. Now I have to find out for myself!
    Are there any SUBURBAN legends?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All great advice, Tartan! We have one dog- our oldest- who thinks she's the boss and she hadn't had any of this done. Luckily, she's only 14lbs and not mean at all, so it's really just a matter of pushing her off the furniture. We get large labs, rotties and bouviers in here and she puts them all in their place.

I can blame that one on my wife. She got that dog with her ex, so I had nothing to do with it!....lol
    ...my mini dachsie, Roxie, is the boss over Kira, the Bernese as well.....sometimes Kira will try and roughhouse with Roxie, and of course, Roxie gets hurt or tramped on....oooh, she does not go quietly!!!.....Kira freezes, terror on her eyes, while the dachsie jumps up, biting her face and giving her a right telling off.....order is restored once again!!!....LOL!!!.....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not really sure, I haven't had one in 25 years or more....although I do make mention of them regularly. Now I have to find out for myself!
    LOL... I'm creating a domino effect here with this craving. Everyone I've asked has said the same thing: "Nope, haven't had one in ages. But wow, I could sure go for one..."

I'm not even sure if they're a regular seasonal item any more. Either last year or the year before, they were back for about two weeks, but I rarely eat there any more, so I missed them.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Thread Information