User Tag List

Page 1676 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 676 1176 1576 1626 1666 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1686 1726 1776 2176 2676 ... LastLast
Results 25,126 to 25,140 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"A smart person solves a problem, while a wise person avoids one." Can I use that, MJ?

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oooh, did I miss some drama??......KEWL!!!.....just how I like it!!....LOL!!!....anyway, checked back and rep ban is over for me....for the moment.....
    ...went looking thru past posts to rep a bit, and OMG.....can you tell I was wired on coffee earlier on, talking away to myself!?!?!?......duh!!!....it's Ok, I'm MUCH better now!!.....TR;-)
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Michele - 33 Year Q Fan mjones58's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    "A smart person solves a problem, while a wise person avoids one." Can I use that, MJ?
    Actually, it is "A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids one." by Albert Einstein. You'll have to ask him, but I don't think he'll mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post
    oooh, did I miss some drama??......KEWL!!!.....just how I like it!!....LOL!!!....anyway, checked back and rep ban is over for me....for the moment.....
    ...went looking thru past posts to rep a bit, and OMG.....can you tell I was wired on coffee earlier on, talking away to myself!?!?!?......duh!!!....it's Ok, I'm MUCH better now!!.....TR;-)
    Yes you made lots of postings, but I think you were the only one awake at the time so that's okay. Besides, there's nothing wrong with talking to yourself once in a while. It's a great way to ensure that you'll get the answers you want to hear!
    A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Never beam down in a red shirt!
    The reason the Captain gets the girl IS because he's the Captain.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mjones58 View Post
    My ESP is in full force these days. Yesterday, I was just thinking how we’ve had no ‘issues’ on this thread lately and everyone has been getting along so great.

It’s been awhile since we’ve had drama. For those who are new and interested in a, let’s use Randy’s word, ‘gossipy’ read, go back to thread 15961 and read forward.

In thread 16031, I asked about Rules and Reason for This Thread. I learned that the ‘The Smart Canucks Forum Etiquette’ can be found at http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/200426-post1.html.

Long story short, Randy, thanks for sharing. We can all use some help now and then and I appreciate the good spirit of your message as most of us do.

But a word of warning is that people have been banned from this thread. People can send private messages to the moderator that others can’t see and the moderator may need to respond to the people’s concerns.

People seem to be sensitive to large capital letters, jokes of racial or extreme adult content, or using the board for what it wasn’t intended. At first, the board was only intended to share winning words, but we have convinced the moderator to be more lenient and let us share, as friend will do.

We share things like birthday wishes, how our day went, special family events, things of interest especially around Q107 and local events, poems of the day (brought to you by our amazing resident poet, SillyLoocie), or even reach out for help looking for something, as long as it doesn’t take over the board. Personally, as someone who works from home, I find the friendship on this thread invaluable and would like to have a get-together in person one day to meet some of the wonderful people here who enrich my life – maybe a picnic next summer.

As a result of all this yacketty yack, which we decided to accept, we were having trouble finding the winning words amongst all the talk … thus, the recap was born. It has gone through several people, but eventually and for a long time now, has rested in the capable and much appreciated hands of Andit. Her intent is to post the recap after the 9:15 winning word, but occasionally she has to go out and will post at odd times. There are several people, like myself, that can back Andit up if she can’t do the recap, so rest assured, the recap is always done.

Sorry for the long message – back to our regularly scheduled programming, have a great PSunday and thanks everyone for being here with the words, entertainment, and friendship.
    Well stated Michele.
    Last edited by FlyGuy123; Sun, Nov 15th, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
    A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Never beam down in a red shirt!
    The reason the Captain gets the girl IS because he's the Captain.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually, it is "A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids one." by Albert Einstein. You'll have to ask him, but I don't think he'll mind.
    So...did u just solve it or avoided one

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll go fire up the Holodeck and have a chat with him. Einstein is the only source I am finding for that quote, but it sounds more Taoist to me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what did I miss while I was doing real work?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Man....to me there's no greater radio listening experience than Psundays on the Q between noon and six with Andy Frost...and no better thread on Smart Canucks (drama aside) than this one. Hope everyone is having a great weekend....

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

There`s a section on here called the Game Room where you can play all sorts of word games:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/game-room/

Now, if you`re of a mind to insult someone (for fun), head on over to this thread (Ban the Above Poster). It`s a great way to tease (& hurl insults at) a fellow SCer:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4180-ba...6/#post1475083

It`s a great place to go when you want to procrastinate from doing real work. I don`t procrastinate, of course, I just need practice with my limericks. At least, that`s my excuse.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

great album side today

wish everyday was psyche psunday on Q
    Last edited by whomeno; Sun, Nov 15th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by AC/DC Fan View Post
    has anyone seen AC DC in concert on this tour

once in Buffalo a few weeks a go..tickets were AVAILABLE
    Last edited by ic_ou812; Sun, Nov 15th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Qbees ,WOW did I ever miss alot of acdc codes the last day or so,I was out all last night here in the SHWA,partying with some girlfriends ripping up this city,
    but thanks for the answers I did get,now im all hungover and have to go to work,,
    yuckkkkk
    have a great night everyone!!!

need to go riding popasmurf4@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wew looks like things are "a" okay now out here in canuck land

need to go riding popasmurf4@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

k popa"s gone for awhile let the race begin (nascar time) go stewart go

Thread Information