User Tag List

Page 2200 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1200 1700 2100 2150 2190 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2210 2250 2300 2700 ... LastLast
Results 32,986 to 33,000 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[quote=electric_viking;1689027]Ok, we seemed to have fun with the desert island albums yesterday so I thought, what the heck,try it again.

What was your best classic rock artist concert and what made it so great????

Good question, EV.....I think Boston would be considered classic, right?.....saw them back late 70's, it had to be the most technically perfect concert I ever saw, even for MLG ...I was on the floors, and was totally transfixed when Foreplay/Long Time began ( my favourite song of theirs).....such crystal clear sound, it just soared thru the rafters, I will never forget it....it's been a lotta years since then, and I instantly go back to that night whenever I hear it.....not a single sour note.... the lead singer Brad Delp? (RIP Brad).....his voice was up there, along with Freddie Mercury, Layne Staley and Lou Gramm.....man, I STILL get goosebumps just thinking about it!!!....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw a couple of great shows at Kingswood up at Wonderland.

I saw Roger Waters there about three weeks before seeing Pink Floyd. I thought his show was better, personally. May have had something to do with the much smaller venue.

Another time, I won tickets on the Q Morning Show (I can't remember who was hosting, but it was 1995) to see Boston. They were offering a pair of tickets to anyone willing to play Q107 Karaoke. I sang a HORRIBLE Amanda, but everyone else was too shy and hung up when asked to sing. They laughed me off the air, but I walked off with the tickets! To make the experience even better, because of a ticket snafu, I ended up with the front-row tickets that were supposed to go to a Grand Prize winner. The winner was already at the park, it was 5:30, and there was no way to get the tickets to him. They made it up to him, but had to give me his tickets, because he had mine. (he neglected to mention WHICH tickets he'd won)

Brad Delp could no longer hit the REALLY high notes (Fran Cosmo assisted in that respect) but the show was great.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ELO "UFO TOUR"

July 1978
    Exhibition Stadium

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    ELO "UFO TOUR"

July 1978
    Exhibition Stadium
    I was at that show. We were sitting in the uppermost corner of the grandstand and somehow someone managed to smuggle a live squirrel into the show and part way through the meatloaf show, they launched it into the air and it came down on some poor suckers head, both squirrel and concert attendee were freaked out, we were pretty buzzed, got a great laugh out of the ordeal and I bring this story up any time I talk concerts.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[quote=tartanrocker;1689394]
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Ok, we seemed to have fun with the desert island albums yesterday so I thought, what the heck,try it again.

What was your best classic rock artist concert and what made it so great????

Good question, EV.....I think Boston would be considered classic, right?.....saw them back late 70's, it had to be the most technically perfect concert I ever saw, even for MLG ...I was on the floors, and was totally transfixed when Foreplay/Long Time began ( my favourite song of theirs).....such crystal clear sound, it just soared thru the rafters, I will never forget it....it's been a lotta years since then, and I instantly go back to that night whenever I hear it.....not a single sour note.... the lead singer Brad Delp? (RIP Brad).....his voice was up there, along with Freddie Mercury, Layne Staley and Lou Gramm.....man, I STILL get goosebumps just thinking about it!!!....TR
    Was that the show where they brought out the big pipe organ at the back of the stage? If so, I was there and I do remember how amazing they were. I think Sammy Haggar was the opening act and they were awesome too. I remember the lead guitarist had a big mirror on his guitar and during his solo they had a spot light on it and he was flashing it around in the audience.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There now, isn't talking concerts better than bickering over nothing?
    Thanks for sharing your stories everyone, I've enjoyed reading the good and the bad.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    I thought that posting winning words and the like was the point of this thing, no? I would rather know when a word has been announced than when it is somebody's guess, so no problem here - post away.
    It wasn't a guess nor a deduction. Someone let it slip out that it was the answer.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Anyone remember seeing Chicago at the Forum? There was a full orchestra on the stage, barely enough room for anyone to move. It was an amazing concert!

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good afternoon fellow SCers!

Just popping in for a quickie to thank you for the winning words and trivia! Will rep you when I can!

Have a great day everybody!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chers1 View Post
    Good morning all.. its been a very cold morning..'BIG NEWS".. I got my magnet yesterday.. my fridge looks great with it on..lol..
    My sweet little Sadie (i'm oozing sarcasm) has taken to digging.. I came home to find my Toyama Nashiki Jap. Maple on the ground.. roots bare and a monster hole where she once lived.. fffnn puppies....lol .I had this problem with Snoopy.. solved the problem evenually by filling in the hole with his own droppings.. but as I clean up most of it over the weekend, and the new stuff is so frozen I don't even want to try..If i wasn't so angry, I would have taken a pic of my filthy dirty pup.
    I'm already in rep jail after only 4 reps..that'l teach me for staying up so late..
    thanks for the codes.. reps when I get out

Boy. It must be nice to get a magnet.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Pink Floyd Ivor Wynne Hamilton 1975 1st Really Big Concert
    UK O'Keefe Centre 1978ish Front Row still can't hear
    Tood Rundgren & Utopia O'Keefe also 1979 First Band with Videos

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I didn't see them there, but they were great and still are, in that whatever Jeff Lynn produces... has his 'ELO' sound in it....Traveling Wilbury's, Tom Petty...

For me, his stuff now and with ELO is so uplifting...

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    ELO "UFO TOUR"

July 1978
    Exhibition Stadium

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by feetfrown View Post
    Eric Clapton uses Gibson Guitars

Ahh, someone with common sense.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    Ahh, someone with common sense.
    Well, what the heck is Gibson's Finest then?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Summer365 View Post
    Thank you for your support! Normally I try to stay out of "on-board" disputes, but this time I feel I should make an exception. Unfortunately there are a very few members like truenorthstrongnfree who do not agree with you (or with me). For them it is far better to be the first to post a word, than to be accurate, and as a result sometimes they will post misspelled or even completely wrong words, as they do not bother to enter the word to verify its accuracy before posting it. Yes, I will agree that I may not always be first to post a word, but when I do post one, unlike may prior posts, it has already been entered and verified, and anyone can count on it as being 100% acceptable for the points offered.

You mentioned that there are some new members here who have recently come over from the PN board due to problems over there. That is correct. I am one of them. PN initially shut down its Q107 board due to an on-board dispute initiated over there against a couople of other PN members by the same truenorthstrongnfree who is now trying to disrupt this board. After the PN board was shut down, I started a new one on PN. The moderators acknowledged this, and decided to merge my new board with the old one, delete all 600+ pages of posts prior to my initial start up post, and then re-start the new thread.

The fact of the matter is that truenorthstrongnfree is a bully who will say and doing anything to ridicule and belittle others (I have PMs from him to prove it) to his own selfish advantage. No board needs or wants members like him, and will likely not survive long with such members. And yes, I may very well get this post removed, and perhaps even get suspended from this board for saying so, but I will not be bullied by the likes of him...not now, not ever!

P.S. And yes, since points are earned for posts, there is an incentive to post whether early, on-time, or late.
    I think what Truenorth was getting at was the entered and accepted line. I would assume that if someone has posted a word, it was entered and accepted even though it was not announced. For someone to say as announced is perfect because you know it is correct, but to say entered and accepted makes me think that person doesn't accept the original posting, So how do you think the original poster feels after that.

Thread Information