User Tag List

Page 2209 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1209 1709 2109 2159 2199 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2219 2259 2309 2709 ... LastLast
Results 33,121 to 33,135 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    That was darn good money back then. There were a couple of great pizzaerias in Scarborough that were fairly local for me. You reminded me of how great they were. If anyone is from Scarborough, you may remember them.
    - Dial a Pizza
    - Primo Pizza

Yes I remember those, Actually Pizza in general was a lot better back then. I feel old saying back then, but it was! I remember ordering it late at night or whenever and it had much more cheese and other toppings and I think the large was actually large, not a small or medium size being called large!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    So impressive he's known as "the guy who opened for them"? Give us a hint!
    I would have but I just can't remember any more. I must have dumped that information when I learned something else recently.

A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Never beam down in a red shirt!
    The reason the Captain gets the girl IS because he's the Captain.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Did you ever go to G&J's? It played Laurel & Hardy flicks on the wall, while you dined. The pizza was good, but the ribs were really yummy.
    I loved G&J for dining in, good pizza & the frostiest muggs of draft ever sold. If it was late night take out it was the Pizza Delight at Kingston & Eglinton and when they went out of business, Square Boy at Eglinton and Markham was best. I still see the owner Gus, he moved the Square Boy to Brooklin 5 years ago.
    I checked the old Cedarbrae nieghbourhood a while back and not many of the old hangouts exist anymore. The Wexford, Bendale & Tommy's are still around for the hang over breakfast.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Wow, that's pretty good especially 30 years ago if it doesn't include tips!
    In '81', in Calgary I delivered pizza for a couple and they paid me $75.00 a night and I keep the tips. The delivery area was only a mile square, a busy night would have been about 8 pizzas and they delivered only til midnight. They were busy as hell with the takeout, no eat in and their larges were like our mediums costing about $27.00.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin24 View Post
    I loved G&J for dining in, good pizza & the frostiest muggs of draft ever sold. If it was late night take out it was the Pizza Delight at Kingston & Eglinton and when they went out of business, Square Boy at Eglinton and Markham was best. I still see the owner Gus, he moved the Square Boy to Brooklin 5 years ago.
    I checked the old Cedarbrae nieghbourhood a while back and not many of the old hangouts exist anymore. The Wexford, Bendale & Tommy's are still around for the hang over breakfast.
    For the best breakfast--- The Suburban. Lawrence and McCowan

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kells View Post
    $25 is enough - I would have given the same.....I have no clue what they get...I often wondered what happens when they don't get it to the door on time. It has happened to me and I offered the driver $5 tip and free pizza....he told me that he was only 3 minutes late and that his kids were not going to have food to eat cuz he now had to pay for the cost of my order. He refused the $5 and caused a sceen at the door and finally walked away empty handed (by choice, he didn't want my $5). Their speal is 40 minutes or free...it was 43 minutes, I want it for free!!!

Your delivery guy was an idiot. Speaking from experience, I know for a fact that stores dont charge their drivers for late pizza. If it happens to many times, they let the driver go. Alot of stores dont offer 30 minutes or free anymore because drivers were getting into accidents left and right. But trying to guilt trip you with a hard luck story about his kids would have gotten him a rude remark and no tip from me. You were kind to offer him $5. Did you know that a pizza that costs you $20, actually costs the store about $1 - $1.50 to make. And most of that is for the the royalties of using a box that says Pizza pizza or Square Boy or whatever.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    Wow, that's pretty good especially 30 years ago if it doesn't include tips!
    I'm just sayin', but some ex pizza drivers might be a forgettin' how many hours they put in to earn that 50 - 65 bucks a night.
    Oh, while on the topic, let's not forget your expenses. Gas, oil, insurance (most of you didn't even bother with that one) wear and tear and Oh, oh!, TIRES. How many sets a year boyz?

Sometimes the good ol days may not have been quite as good as we recall.
    This Month's Cool Site - Google Translate for Animals

Friends are a very rare jewel indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin24 View Post

I used to love going to John Andersons for a souvlaki on a bun across the street from Cedarbrae collegiate way back in the 80s. The Real McCoys just up the street, still makes a mean steak sandwich. They have been there for atleast 35 years now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Did you ever go to G&J's? It played Laurel & Hardy flicks on the wall, while you dined. The pizza was good, but the ribs were really yummy.

was G&J's at gerrard Square? if it is /was, I worked there - it was called pizza barn - it was many many years ago (mid-70's and I was the bus boy) still have not watched nor do I have any desire to see anyone named stan or ollie

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UK Winning Word (Thurs. 10pm - 11:59pm) - Smokestack

* Entered and Accepted *

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Canucks! Busy busy busy! Just dropped in to grab a few words, for which...
    Thenk Yew!!! And to drop off a few reps, as many as they'll let me.
    for which... Yer welcum! Read back a bit and here's what I think:
    Grumpy words?!?!? Don't like!

Concerts: ELO UFO at Ex stadium. And Ac/Dc at SARSFest YAY!!!
    Feedbag: Real McCoys Yum Yum!!

That's it I'm a man of few words.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wish I had gone to the Guns n Roses concert tonite

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 23edge View Post
    I wish I had gone to the Guns n Roses concert tonite

It's only 11:45, you still have time.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    That was darn good money back then. There were a couple of great pizzaerias in Scarborough that were fairly local for me. You reminded me of how great they were. If anyone is from Scarborough, you may remember them.
    - Dial a Pizza
    - Primo Pizza

One of the best pizzas I tried from scarborough was a place across my old grade school St. Rose of Lima, on lawrence and McCowan... I don't remember it's name, but their logo had a picture of Laurel & Hardy

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

City Nicknames A
    Hoaxes & Urban Legends B
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Thread Information