User Tag List

Page 31 of 114 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast
Like Tree1095Likes

Thread: SmartCanucks undergoing upgrades and more...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    No more notifications for reps received? I thought no one loved me anymore , then when I went to look to make sure, lo and behold, there they were
    oh nevermind
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm very sorry for the big mess on the forum yesterday. The forum software had been aging for a while now and I was working on upgrades and new great sections for SmartCanucks. However yesterday the system just gave up totally after it got hit by a terrible virus. Some of the things the virus caused:
    - It made SC redirect to a Nazi website
    - It made SC send out spam emails to members.... I'm terribly terribly sorry!

This forced me to do the upgrades overnight and launch the new design and sections about a week or two ahead of schedule! This means that there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on SC over the next week including:
    - Restoring all the extra features that you are used to on the forum. E.g. ability to expire, iTrader, company tagging, gender icons, etc.
    - Tweaking the forum to make it as easy and user friendly as possible for you. Also making it easy on the eyes. Any feedback on the current look is welcome.
    - Fixing the new sections and adding content to them.
    - Adding a new awesome trading system that I have been working on for a while now and has taken all the feedback you provided into account.

So basically over the next week or two you're going to see gradual restoration of features as well as loads of exciting new stuff. After that SC should be back to normal with the addition of loads of new tools to help you trade, coupon and hunt for deals better.

I welcome your feedback and if there's something I'm missing or if you have suggestions for improving or fixing some please let me know. I will be keeping a very close eye on this section.
    well then,,, i'm not mentioning what is missing -- why would sc not include everything the members
    would expect?
    as in what was always (as far as i know) always in sc?
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

would it be possible to have clickable links in our about me for those of us that want to include links to our trade list from the trading forum.
    AmberLab likes this.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

wow so much work for you...
    Every day I notice changes and the forum is starting to look so much to the old page.

Wonderful job!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    371 (100%)

I think someone already mentioned it, but my coupon trading page is gone. When I click on the link it says web page cannot be found. I've always relied on this for coupon trading, especially when searching for a specific coupon for trade - will it be coming back or do we always just have to post in the forum now?

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

This was happening yesterday also but waited a bit before complaining lol it is really hard to edit in the train sometimes dosn't work you get to the edit page but then it sticks refresh and go to advance and sometime it works I know understand the boarding blah blah thing even though no one answered the question I think it just wasnnt refresshed on my end

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponclipper12 View Post
    I think someone already mentioned it, but my coupon trading page is gone. When I click on the link it says web page cannot be found. I've always relied on this for coupon trading, especially when searching for a specific coupon for trade - will it be coming back or do we always just have to post in the forum now?
    It's coming back very soon yes!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    This was happening yesterday also but waited a bit before complaining lol it is really hard to edit in the train sometimes dosn't work you get to the edit page but then it sticks refresh and go to advance and sometime it works I know understand the boarding blah blah thing even though no one answered the question I think it just wasnnt refresshed on my end
    hmmm now sure I understand what you mean?

what do you mean by "sticks refresh"?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    would it be possible to have clickable links in our about me for those of us that want to include links to our trade list from the trading forum.
    Yep will do that
    elayjosh likes this.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Thank you that would be great!

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    well then,,, i'm not mentioning what is missing -- why would sc not include everything the members
    would expect?
    as in what was always (as far as i know) always in sc?
    I'm working on that... but given that this is a different version of the forum with different features I don't know what's missing. When people post about missing stuff I put the effort in bringing it back. There's no way for a single person (me) to notice that needs to be brought back without help.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

not sure if you already know this.
    but on the old site a persons trade rating was availabe on the pm (a little number).
    you could click it and go directly to the itrader and leave them a rating now you have to click a few differnt things to leave a rating

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    not sure if you already know this.
    but on the old site a persons trade rating was availabe on the pm (a little number).
    you could click it and go directly to the itrader and leave them a rating now you have to click a few differnt things to leave a rating
    Ohhh I see! No I didn't know that!! Thanks for letting me know. Will add that!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Seems to me I used to be able to access subscribed threads no matter what part of the forum I was in. Now the "Quick links" isn't always up there ? Or maybe I haven't figured out where else it might be ?

But I did figure out the "Private Messages" button is now the equivalent of "User CP"
    Last edited by Tbites; Wed, Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Seems to me I used to be able to access subscribed threads no matter what part of the forum I was in. Now the "Quick links" isn't always up there ? Or maybe I haven't figured out where else it might be ?

But I did figure out the "Private Messages" button is now the equivalent of "User CP"

There seems to be many many complaints about the current subscribed threads system... I never used subscribed threads before so I'm not sure how they used to work, but I will go back to the backup version of the old system I have, see how they work, and replicate that functionality here

So in a day or two this issue should be resolved and you should be able to access your subscribed threads like you always used to.

Page 31 of 114 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread Information