User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

With the recent passing of my wife (Chris' mom), we had to make several trips to the one SDM for printing of photos and making enlargements of some as well.

Everytime we went in, we got the same girl at the photo counter to help us. She was very helpful to Chris in helping him line up the prints etc so they looked the best and they did turn out great!

After the funeral, we stopped by there on the Thursday with several prints from some of my sisters. The woman had mentioned to Chris before that "We can scan the pictures here so you don't have to do it at home", which would be great as it was ME that had to do them with Chris instructing me!

So Chris took them in and sure enough she was there. Chris said to her that he had several prints and wanted her to scan and print them. She said "Oh no, you do the scanning here on the machine." She must have saw the distressed and glazed look on his face as she said "Well how many do you have?" Chris showed her the three different envelopes that he had (we know now it was 32 altogether). She said "Well we are not supposed to do this, but leave them with me and I will get them done for you." She even said she would make sure that all the originals stayed separated in the 3 envelopes. She said they would be ready by Friday afternoon.

When Chris found it was 20X day on Saturday, he decided to hold off on getting them. So he phoned on Friday and talked to the same woman, who said they were all done and she gave Chris the total amount so he could work it into the $50 total. Then he got them today but she was not there to thank again!

The pics turned out great! Even the ones that we thought might not because they were so old and so small, turned out good!

I tried doing the survey online but it would not allow enough room to type in the kudos to this woman, but I am sure we shall see her again soon!

Nice to see a good news story about SDM! Sure saved me a lot more work when I have no time to do it!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

That's really nice of her: definitely above and beyond but very much an act of human kindness.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Great to hear they were there to help you in your time of need.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Nice that you can notice a small act of kindness in the midst of it all.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. But what a wonderful thing that lady did.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

There certainly aren't enough stories like this--- so, SO glad she was helpful. I'm sure you'll find a way to pay it forward.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. Glad that the SDM lady made your life a little easier when you need it

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

My condolensces for your loss. Nice to hear that someone went out of her way to make things easier for you.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A kindness came just at the right time when you and Chris needed a bit of help. So nice to see there are employees that do this, even nicer that you posted to recognize her efforts. Have you ever heard that saying " catch me doing something right " ? Well we all like to complain about the slights, the bad experiences, and if that negative feedback gets back to the employee sometimes it can be deflating, even if sometimes they need a wake up call.
    But this public and positive acknowledgement I feel lifts employees up, validates them.
    Great post!

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I forgot to put in the original posting, that the night Chris took the photos in, she grabbed the photo envelope and started writing "Weaver" on the top of it!

Now that tells you how often we had been there in the previous week! She knew us by name!!!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

You should drop an email to SDM to let them know of the great service or call and talk to the owner/manager. Her supervisor should know what a great job she did!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm happy about the service you received from SDM, what a very nice lady, she's one in a million.

Thread Information