User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I am really disappointed...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was shopping at SOF Vic West yesterday, was thinking of getting some Kellogg's Bran Flakes, but someone had opened every single package that had a pin code. Every time I think that I have seen the worst abuse, I see something like this. This is stealing, imho. Hope you're happy, whoever did it. Then again, that person is probably not on Smart Canucks... Sorry, I just had to vent.
    This thread is currently associated with: Kellogg's, Save on Foods
    middleclassmom likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

wow

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Pretty soon everything is going to be shrink-wrapped! And the consumer will be paying for it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I'm at a loss -- they opened the package to get the pin code from it? I buy a lot of cereal and the pin codes are pretty tough to read when it's flat in front of you never mind in a square box still....? perplexed!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    I'm at a loss -- they opened the package to get the pin code from it? I buy a lot of cereal and the pin codes are pretty tough to read when it's flat in front of you never mind in a square box still....? perplexed!
    I was at Walmart Uptown today and there were 4 boxes of 775g Bran Flakes that all had been opened at the top flaps (the boxes with the free breakfast item codes). I told the clerk, she said it's amazing what some people will do. This is flat out stealing imho...
    Midnightly likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

yesterday at safeway tillicum i saw a box of tampons.. where the flap had been ripped open to take the coupons out.. really.. coupons out of tampons!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have never met a so-called "extreme couponer" in Victoria; but I have a feeling some of that behaviour is in what we are seeing with coupons and pin codes being taken from boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    yesterday at safeway tillicum i saw a box of tampons.. where the flap had been ripped open to take the coupons out.. really.. coupons out of tampons!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Wow! Don't these people have any fear of getting caught?There are cameras everywhere and like the other poster said they are hard to read so they must have spent a great deal of time breaking into the boxes.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Geeze, some people are absolutley crazy!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We should set up some boxes and see how they are doing it. I have never bought cereal or anything else with a pin code. Can someone show me what they look like?

Quote Originally Posted by ballgrrl View Post
    Geeze, some people are absolutley crazy!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i do think there are some very bad couponers in this town.. new coupons have been going up over the last week.. i've been checking some stores every day.. and some tear pads (nexxus for example) are completely ravished every other tear pad in the store is full freshly put up..

there are newish tear pads up at safeway tillicum, save on Esq, and some of the SDM but not a nexxus to be found (i knew i should have went my by gut and went out yesterday evening!)

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

I know, its crazy how fast they were gone! I went to two safeway's looking for coupons and noticed the nexxus completely gone, probably just hours after they were put up! Luckily they still had some of the other new coupons left.

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This is very disappointing, I just can't believe the utter desperation some people have!! I know that saving money is a great thing but really....these are the people that give honest couponers a bad name!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where do they all go ? Went out for a drive with hubby and all the tear pad empty ? I went to one store and found a single ripped in half campbells chunky soup coupon....sigh*** at least I found that one

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tallia5 View Post
    Where do they all go ? Went out for a drive with hubby and all the tear pad empty ? I went to one store and found a single ripped in half campbells chunky soup coupon....sigh*** at least I found that one

now that makes me seriously sad! thats a rare coupon... a well loved coupon..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information