User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SDM Mastercard discontinuing online access

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I just got a notice in the mail saying that in April B of A is going to be discontinuing online access to the SDM Mastercard. Everyone will now get their statement by mail. Weird, I wonder what's happening. I hope they don't cancel the credit cards.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I got this notification as well and I too wonder if this means they'll soon phase out the SDM Mastercard. Ugh, no online access is so annoying.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminty View Post
    I got this notification as well and I too wonder if this means they'll soon phase out the SDM Mastercard. Ugh, no online access is so annoying.
    I know! I check it like 3 or 4 times a week!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm so sad about this. I won't be using my card much anymore as I check mine almost daily online and pay it off right away. Need to start looking for a new credit card with rewards I guess.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I just heard about this yesterday, not impressed as I just signed up for the card in December and am hesitant to cancel it so soon.

I do all my banking/statements online, paper statements is silly, argh
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

i'm just wondering why do people check their online statement that often? I check once a month only to pay the bill. I still opt to receive the paper statement so it's not really bothering me.... but just wondering....
    nadiabreckon likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by atashi View Post
    i'm just wondering why do people check their online statement that often? I check once a month only to pay the bill. I still opt to receive the paper statement so it's not really bothering me.... but just wondering....
    I don't know about everyone else but I personally check mine a few times a week because I had my credit card info stolen last summer (someone was using it in Israel!) and want to make sure I catch any suspicious transactions right away. You don't realize how vulnerable your credit card info is until someone steals the info and uses it. I also do it it keep a running balance to make sure my spending is on track.
    mommymonika likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by atashi View Post
    I have a couple different credit cards and I check them at least once a week. I am currently working 2 jobs and the way the paydays work out, they alternate (I get paid every week!) and I pay off whatever balances I have every week.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Though....I ONLY use my SDM Mastercard at SDM, so I will probably continue to pay it off every week, by keeping track of my receipts.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got the same mail today. I check every day and this is my day to day CC. Why no online banking. WTF.
    Alberta Auto, Home, Business and Travel Insurance Broker
    http://www.1upinsurance.com/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I have an Alaska Airlines Mastercard and got the same letter in the mail today saying no more online access :-(

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeah I got this letter...
    I use my SDM MC only at SDM..or No Frills (MasterCard/debit/cash only, no Visa!) and like paying it off right away.
    So...now that I can't do that, just means I probably won't be using the card much if at all! I too check my statements at least once a week.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I know several people who have had their SDM cards compromised, given you only have a certain amount of time to disputer charges, checking your transactions online is very useful
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Maybe it's just temporary. MNBA Mastercards were all bought recently by TD except for the SDM one. Maybe SDM will go with a new Mastercard provider or something like that. I hope it's only temporary. I get so many extra points with the MC I don't want to give it up!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I didn't read the whole thread, so this may already be mentioned...

With SDM new affiliation with RBC, it could be that the MC with be discontinued. Companies can't have 2 major credit card brands, and RBC has VISA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information