User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

at the start of the new year i decided to make some changes, maybe loose some weight and of course the first thing i did was look to my iphone for help! i found 2 apps that i am pretty impressed with.

My Fitness Pal
    Name:  Picture 251.png
Views: 187
Size:  90.7 KB

basically it asks you a few questions and then determines how many calories a day you can have. every thing you eat you log in the diary, you search its database and it will know all the nutritional info for your food, very rarey is it not listed and then you can add it in. it also has a barcode scanner so if your food comes in a package all you do is scan it and voila! so as you make entries in your diary it will minus those cals from what you have left but you can earn more calories by exercising, you add it into the diary the same way and it will add how many cals you earned. the nutritional info is great because you can check to see what percentage of each item you are injesting and there is a pie graph to show you the breakdown of fats, carbs and proteins. also you can add "friends" and comment and encourage them. you can track your progress by telling it how much you weigh whenever you want or adding dimensions for different body parts. i have already lost 15 pounds in 2.5 months with hardly any effort, its amazing how knowing how many calories are in something before you eat it in relation to how many you should have a day will affect how much you suddenly want that food! sometimes it just isnt worth it.

and

Workout Trainer
    Name:  Picture 252.png
Views: 186
Size:  95.7 KB

most of the workout apps i found require a subscription of some sort and i am not cool with that. this app is free and although there is some content you can purchase, alot of it is free. you can choose from a variety of workouts ranging in very little difficulty to insane difficulty and even programs. if you start a program it will help you choose dates and times that you want to work out and then remind you an hour or so before. pretty cool!

maybe i should have put this in the health section but i feel like its more of a product review so thats why its here.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    Last edited by mdutka; Mon, Mar 26th, 2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: resized gigantic pics (well attempted too, cant figure out how to remove the oversized ones now )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nike Training app is also great!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks! I love My Fitness Pal - best app ever!!

I'll have to look into Workout Trainer, thanks

I love Run Keeper for any kind of running, jogging, hiking, walking, etc

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great app overall, smoothest with timer when working out. Paid for pro version so I could stuff it full of created workouts, but keep getting an error when I try to save my workouts.

Thread Information