User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thrift Store/Second Hand Brags!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by >Femme Fatale< View Post
    That's a lot of Versace ! Was that all at one store?

I've only found Versace jeans couture, and they were both way too tiny and overpriced.

I prefer thrift stores that actually have thrift store pricing too, but they're so out of the way. Plus, their stock really doesn't change that much, so they're not as fun to get to. I always find most of my stuff at VV, they have a huge selection and the turnover is pretty good. There's one near me that charges decent prices for a VV...most of the time...that's where I like to go.

My favourite finds since my last post:

Ann Taylor Loft - Coral leather (pigskin?) purse: $4.99 (RSP: $118...based on pricing on their site)
    Satchi - Burgundy quilted leather purse w/chain straps: $5.99

This was on a full price day, but I thought prices were reasonable. They're both like new and great quality.

Navy blue stiletto boots: $3
    Dark green leather booties: $3
    Grey leather clutch w/gold leaf hardware: $1.50

This was from the Salvation army, on a half off day. It seems like they haven't had one for a long time, or else they just don't advertise it well.

Moschino cheap and chic - Wool blazer w/gold buttons (RSP: $1000+!)
    Brown wool blazer w/gold buttons
    Urban Behavior - Short sleeve blazer w/mesh panel

Each of these were $1 each! One of the 'real' thrift stores near me was having an awesome sale.

Burnished gold belt
    Trafaluc Zara - Silver glitter circular box purse (RSP: $17.95)
    Zara couture men - Navy blue military blazer (RSP: $199)

Everything in the picture was $9.98 total from the Salvation Army. I'm pretty sure that store had a ton of sample merchandise from Zara, since the brand was crossed off on every item. They all had slight defects, but nothing major.

The blazer was such amazing quality, I was in awe! The inside is as nice as the outside..it was in the women's section, but it turns out it's for a man. I bought it for my brother. It only had a small tear in the lining. I wish I could wear it, but the tailoring is just way too masculine.

Real python skin clutch: $14.99

A lot more than I wanted to pay, but I was absolutely in love with it. Even though it's vintage, the style looks modern enough. A new one like this would probably be around $300 or more!

T. Babaton - Tinsley silk blouse: $2 (RSP: $98...it was still on their site the last time I looked!)
    Red trapezoid purse w/loop lock closure: $2.50

Emporio Armani - tweed blazer: $4 (RSP: $700+!)
    White lace high collar shirt w/pearl detailing: $2

$4 Armani, of course I had to pick it up! I have to say, I thought the Zara blazer above was much better quality...it was just amazing...

Asymmetrical wool jacket: $10

These are from local designers here. The quality is amazing, the fit and construction are just unbelievable. It's probably the finest garment I own, and I'm sure it retailed for several hundred dollars..probably near a thousand.

I found a picture of it on their website:

Also found these high ends suits:

Louis Féraud - Navy blue flared gold buckle skirt suit: $6.50 (RSP: $500+)

Bazar de Christian Lacroix - Burgundy pantsuit: $8.50 (RSP: $1500+!)

I'm always on the lookout for more! Can't wait until the next half off day, it's long overdue.

The vest and jacket came from the same thrift store about two weeks apart. The pants came from Value Village. Everything is grey toned too, so I was joking with my sister that I was going to wear the pants, vest and jacket all at once and she just looked at me horrified and was like NO! haha!

My favourite is the asymmetrical jacket and that bright red purse!
    MeMew, ticul and oscarandme like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

femme fatale great finds!

i haven't bought clothing second hand in like 20 yrs. and even then it was never proper lady like clothing haha.

more like oddball tshirts, blouses, sweaters and stuff, army stuff.

my mom would find me silver jewelry, i just don't have the patience to sort thru the jewelry section.
    oscarandme likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

2 tops & pair of jeans for $7!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My dad got a bunch of brand-new Roots stuff super cheap at Goodwill in Orillia a few months back.

Original tags were still on them for 80-120$/pc. I think he paid 8$/ea, which is a steal Sister loves Roots stuff.
    krysta lynne likes this.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

its talize 50% off everything on monday
    lets c who get what from there

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

ooh! I'm going to actually be in a town that HAS a Talize on Monday!

Now Rose, you must live in a giant closet- you're ALWAYS finding clothes - GREAT clothes -but do you get a chance to wear it all? Do YOU also recycle? and how? (Just nosy and jealous!)
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I wish I had time to shop in thrift stores... used to love spending time going through everything. Favourite find was years ago in VV: Lululemon (a locally started company) donated a HUGE pile of NWT hoodies and jackets, my sister bought everything they had and made a killing on Ebay.
    Support your Starbucks habit like me.Free Starbucks Gift Cards!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    ooh! I'm going to actually be in a town that HAS a Talize on Monday!

Now Rose, you must live in a giant closet- you're ALWAYS finding clothes - GREAT clothes -but do you get a chance to wear it all? Do YOU also recycle? and how? (Just nosy and jealous!)
    I live in Toronto where crazy (probably) rich people dispose of things after every season so it ends up at the thrift store for me! I do wear it all. I work two jobs so I wear all the nicer things to work all the time. My whole purpose was to redo my closet with high end designer clothing on the cheap. I don't buy disposable fashion anymore, so instead I shop for good quality staple items. Most are better staple pieces because they aren't all overly trendy items like if I shopped at say H&M. I have a ton of older clothes from high school still living at my parents house, but most of that will probably be donated once I have a chance to go through everything. I don't have the closet space for everything and I don't wear my older stuff anymore. This is the first time I have really shopped with the intention to redo my closet since high school, so I am in need of more professional looking items anyway. I am trying to find a woman's shelter or something to donate to when I do finally bag things up. I am sharing a tiny condo so I don't have a ton of closet or storage space, but I have gotten crafty with storage so I can keep buying things I like!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I plan to check out Toronto's thrift stores the next time I'm visiting. There is one designer sundress from a few years ago that I want to find so I can use the fabric (cotton/silk-really like the colour and print) to make a different garment from it. Since the SCers who thrift shop in Toronto are seeing brand names, it makes sense to see which ones are on the racks.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@roseofblack-some organizations that will take clothing, but check requirements:
    http://www.dressforsuccess.org/affil...d=70&pageid=22
    For women-business attire

http://www.newcircles.ca/donate.htm#clothing
    For all genders

http://www.ysm.ca/double-take/
    Charity-run store that accepts clothing donations
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @roseofblack-some organizations that will take clothing, but check requirements:
    http://www.dressforsuccess.org/affil...d=70&pageid=22
    For women-business attire

http://www.newcircles.ca/donate.htm#clothing
    For all genders

http://www.ysm.ca/double-take/
    Charity-run store that accepts clothing donations
    Thanks! I have a women's shelter in mind but I have to check to see if they take clothing donations. If not I will try one of those options or possibly homeless shelters. I don't have anything appropriate for dress for success since all the stuff I thrift is so I can get rid of the more casual things I have and never wear! Most of the stuff I am planning to get rid of is teenager type clothing like jeans and printed tees, so was thinking of trying to find a place where it would go directly to teens or young adults in need instead of being sold off in a store.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information