User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thrift Store/Second Hand Brags!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have never been in a second hand store before but willing to give it a try! See what gems I can find

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    My best finds ever are
    Authentic Louis Vuitton wallet-3.99
    Authentic Gucci Mans wallet-4.99
    Authentic Gucci Boston Bag-14.99
    Marni top-4.99
    3 Juicy Couture velour suits, 3.98, 7.99, and 9.99
    Prada bag-6.99
    Louis Vuitton wool scarf-2.99
    NWT Anne Klein wool winter coat-12.99
    Authentic Louis Vuitton bag-9.99
    Celine bag-9.99
    Thakoon top-4.99
    A.B.S maxi dress-9.99
    Miu Miu flats-9.99
    YSL vintage kitten heels-6.99
    My wedding dress-4.50
    I take all the bags/wallets I find to the actual designer stores for authentication and if they aren't real I return them.
    Woah! Those are some AWESOME finds!!! I don't have much luck with purses. I have found plenty of fake LV, Prada and Gucci. Nothing real so far. I await the day I find a real LV or even better Chanel!!

Quote Originally Posted by tobiwobi View Post
    Im mostly in the housewares section, looking for cute china teacups, cups, bowls, crystal stuff. I actually use this stuff, not just collect it. love eclectic dinner setups and nothing matching, but everything being so pretty. Also found cute flower pots, soap holders, ugly prints and paintings that I've picked up because the frame was amazing (frames can be so expensive).
    I have started collecting mismatched china too for when I move. My grandmother gave me a ton of old stuff so I have been looking for plates and things that sort of match but don't completely. That way when I move I have a whole set of things for the kitchen without spending a ton of money on an actual matching set.
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Thu, Mar 29th, 2012 at 01:53 PM.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Second hand stores are the best places foe blue jeans, books and CD's.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A couple years ago I was at Value Village with my friend and we were looking at the dishes and I found some really beautiful ones, the kind where they're a country scene in blue. They had five each for different kinds, cups, saucers, bowls, different sized plates, the whole set. I was kind of falling in love with the set in the store so my friend convinced me to get them. I ended up paying $29 for the 25 pieces. I looked them up online afterward and found out they're all worth about $300! They probably came from some old lady's house who'd had them for ages and no one knew how much they were worth.

This is what they look like.

I've also found a nice spring coat and a nice pair of boots that fit perfectly for $10 each, not sure how much they were new, probably not a lot, but I really like them.
    AmberLab, julesie-pie and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am looking forward to reading this thread if it wasn't for Value Village (and Frenchy's when we lived in NS) my whole family would have been naked for the last 15 years or so Now the kids are teens and I have been hearing lately that they want to go. They know I won't complain if they need something and they ask to go there. I think most things in this house are from there now, some dishes, most curtains, most clothes, most knicknacks (I collect the little Wade figurines from the 70's that used to be in the Red Rose tea and have found most of them at V V or Talize), mats, picture frames, books............etc....and on and on

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

You should subscribe to Salvation Army Thrift Store on Facebook and they also put out a newsletter. They often have deals and coupons. I get an email from them about every other week with some special going on.

Also, if you bring in a donation when you go, they will give you a save $5 WUS $25 coupon!

Here is their facebook page. Although the link says Ontario, it is actually for all of Canada.

https://www.facebook.com/OntarioThriftStores

Here is their website. You can subscribe to their "front of the sale" newsletter and click on coupon corner for coupons for their store!

www.thriftstore.ca
    AmberLab and wendyjane like this.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

maybe i need to give VV another try, the 2 times i have been there i have thought, i can get practically the same thing, new, for the same price. Salvation army and goodwill, i have done well with. Goodwill had a 50% off day last week and I got 2 matching georgous arch wooden mirrors for $2.25 each! And 3 dresses for $3 each.
    AmberLab and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I buy almost ALL my clothes and household stuff at second hand stores. I love vintage clothing especially stuff from the 30's and 40's. I have found tons of gems and I will start taking pics to post from now on!

Great thread!

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post
    maybe i need to give VV another try, the 2 times i have been there i have thought, i can get practically the same thing, new, for the same price. Salvation army and goodwill, i have done well with. Goodwill had a 50% off day last week and I got 2 matching georgous arch wooden mirrors for $2.25 each! And 3 dresses for $3 each.
    I almost never shop at VV for this reason. The prices seem crazy!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

The other day I was at Salvation Army and found 5 T Shirts ALL 2.99 - Two were American Eagle (One still had original AE tags on it) - One was from Armani Exchange - The others were TNA and a Ralph Lauren (Polo shirt) All together came to 14.95 (No taxes on clothing there!)

The tna V neck alone at Artizia was probably $20 +
    AmberLab and ticul like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

So anyone who knows me, knows im a rocky horror fanacticI have a collection of rocky horror memorbilia.
    So heres what ive collected ALL FROM TALIZE!
    My bf got me this VINYL Rocky Horror Picture show LP - $1.99 for christmas I was super happy!
    And I also have gotten 2 different copies of The Rocky Horror Picture Show VHS both $1.99 each from Talize as well.
    I bought them on 2 different occasions over the past year.One on the right 1998 edition, one on the left, 1992 edition.I love Talize!!!

Name:  rockyviny.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  33.3 KB
    Name:  rockyvhs.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  29.1 KB
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Fri, Mar 30th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
    AmberLab likes this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    So anyone who knows me, knows im a rocky horror fanacticI have a collection of rocky horror memorbilia.
    So heres what ive collected ALL FROM TALIZE!
    My bf got me this VINYL Rocky Horror Picture show LP - $1.99 for christmas I was super happy!
    And I also have gotten 2 different copies of The Rocky Horror Picture Show VHS both $1.99 each from Talize as well.
    I bought them on 2 different occasions over the past year.One on the right 1998 edition, one on the left, 1992 edition.I love Talize!!!

Name:  rockyviny.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  33.3 KB
    Name:  rockyvhs.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  29.1 KB

LOVE!!! I have a mad love for Rocky Horror too!!!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i used to buy only tops when i bought second hand clothing, but that was over 15 yrs ago. back when awesome stuff was under a buck

now i just buy household items like art, lamps, glassware, danish stainless items, scandinavian melamine, pottery (mostly west german), scandinavian style furniture. mostly mid century stuff (50's, 60's)

I have found amazing items, i am very picky tho with what i will bring home. My last awesome find was this cool 3D dinosaur skeleton made of pieces of thick sheetmetal. searched online and saw the same thing being sold for $350! my beloved Ruscha wall plaques were 5.99 each and are worth $250-$350 each. i squealed when i saw them on the bottom rack of the art section mixed in with tacky 80's prints and beat up frames.

man, i'm in the mood to hit up salvation army now, maybe when i pick the girl up from school, hmmm.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    I have never been in a second hand store before but willing to give it a try! See what gems I can find
    Once you find a great deal you are hooked and paying regular price (or sale) at the mall makes you sick!! I'm not a fan of VV since their prices are usually a lot more than Sal Army and Goodwill.
    Want Free Gift Cards? Join me at SWAGBUCKS!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bekki3

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Yesterday SA had there 1/2 sale...I got Lululemon capris-$3 and a long sleeve (new with tag)$2. I also get 4 American Eagke shirts, Nike , Fila,tuff exercise gear for me for the gym. So 16 pieces for under $25 bucks
    mommymonika likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information