User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thrift Store/Second Hand Brags!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, can't believe you guys are finding authentic LV at those prices! Whenever I see them at VV they're in a case and expensive...and who knows if they're authentic or not!

I've been thrifting for almost a decade now, but I only shopped for collectibles until recently. My best find was probably a Barbie from the late 50's for a few bucks. I mostly picked up things that were interesting to me, but not really worth much. In that regard, this clock is one of my favourite finds:

It was $7, which was pretty expensive for a used plastic clock...but I thought it was so adorable! It has dancing couples that spin around and it has such cute details...like the setting sun in the background.

Another favourite - this musical jewelry box with dancing swans inside:

It was $5...but at least it went to a good cause.

Now I mainly go to find leather or fur coats. I love them, but could never pay retail for them! I haven't really been getting amazing deals on them, but if they look new and are high quality, that's a deal to me.

Here's what I got today at Talize's half off sale:

Hooded leather trench coat: $6.49
    Quilted burnished gold purse: $2.49

Oscar leopold - shearling coat: $14.99. I was really happy with this one - it's so warm and it looks brand new!

Urban behavior - pink leather jacket: $9.99. Didn't know this store ever sold real leather, but apparently they did at one point. Which is great, because I love their styles.

Jacques Saint Laurent - rabbit fur coat: $14.99

Banana republic - ivory wool coat: $14.99. It looks really dumpy in the picture, but it's so elegant and formfitting when you put it on! Plus, it looks brand new. It has this lovely floral lining:

This next one is the very first one I bought, and it's my favourite! Skintight and gorgeous:

darlataz likes this.
    >>BRAND NAMES up to 90% off* - join BEYOND THE RACK and get $10 FREE!<<
    *amended the percentage due to recent sales

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Love the coats! I always try to avoid that section because I have so many already. I would like to add something fur or fur lined though because I freeze in the winter and can't justify paying retail when I already own a million coats.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I always try to look for yoga pants to wear around the house and am NEVER successful! I find a lot are already stretched out but I will keep looking because I refuse to pay full price for comfy pants and workout gear. I need to find a few pairs though because all the condos I am looking at have gyms in them and I will be making good use of them!
    Our Costco here has the yoga pant with tummy flatteners (?) reg 24.99 for 9.97; I saw them tonight. Hope there is one close to you....they are very nice.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Wow, I love this thread. So many amazing finds people - I'm jealous!
    Speckled28 likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I don't do to many thrift stores.. I did find today at Talize, a burgandy tablecloth (for my son's graduation color theme black/burgandy/silver) for $1. its going on the 'presentation' table. as well as a silver piece of material im going to cut into a straight square.. someone had cut a piece from it then donated it.. $1.. im going to sew a black ribbon around the edge to finish it and use it as a runner on the burgandy tablecloth. plus two black shiny vases with some beige raffia looking middle. they are $3 together. im going to wrap that part in either silver/burgandy tulle. (from the $store) and each vase will have large black 'daisies' in them they will have small silver pins in the middle.. as well i have mirrors 'pics' that im going to put in with them.. hoping the look in my head comes out well on the table.
    last week i found graduation plastic cups there for $1. they were brand new still in their sealed bags from the store. going to take black ribbon and hot glue to the bottom to hide the 'cup' effect part then glue the cups bottom to square mirrors and then put tea lights in them. then i found silver paper doilies for $1.79 at Michaels. they are going under the mirrors.. under the vases as well. i also bought little silver paper doilies that will go under the graduation cupcakes... chocolate cupcakes turned upside down covered in chocolate.. topped with graham crackers and then silver 'ball bearings' (candy) and a little licorie for tassles. they will be wrapped in the silver doilies.
    I even bought my dress for the day today.. $6.99! its beautiful black/burgandy roses on it.
    phew i think im done.. well until thursday when a local organization will start holding a rummage sale in a local mall for a week. ALWAYS get great deals there too. hope to finish off my decorations there. hoping to find some more tablecloths CHEAP. the restaurant wants $5 each to rent. eesh.
    AmberLab likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought a pair of brand new(tags still on) parasuco jeans $100+ for $10 and a pair of Robeez for my daughter $2.99!!!
    AmberLab likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i found a stainless cream and sugar set at SA yesterday, without the tray but who cares!

they were in perfect condition, no scratches or anything, i was surprised. they were 1.99 each. they were perfect because i love, love, love stainless serverware

they are the same as this pic, no tray.

Name:  il_fullxfull.226458942.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  49.1 KB
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Have to brag a bit today about our great find at the thrift today!
    I went to get some little vases to sell with my paper flower arrangements for an upcoming craft sale, and DH and DD were playing in the toy section, and they came across a 'Cheetah' Chariot brand child bike trailer. We had been talking about getting a trailer to take DD along on bike rides but the cheap ones go for 150$- used!

The one we found at the thrift was 50$! (that's a lot of money to spend at the thrift store) We hmmed and hawed for a couple minutes, but decided to buy it. I looked it up on kijiji when we got home and people are looking for this one used 400-500$!! Crazy!

DD loves it already and played in it all afternoon. I see lots of bike rides in our future

ps. love the coats posted above!
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Never stop learning... Big Pink's Avatar
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Love all these great finds!

I go tomorrow... hoping for another good day!
    “Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.” – Mother Teresa

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Love the coats! I always try to avoid that section because I have so many already. I would like to add something fur or fur lined though because I freeze in the winter and can't justify paying retail when I already own a million coats.
    I know what you mean! Since I started looking for coats I've come away with so many. I know I don't need anymore, but I still look in that section every time I'm there...just in case there's something amazing on the rack .

Anyone else have new finds to share? I had a great week! I found a brand new suzy shier suit set for only $1....it still had the tags on! Also found some wool suits for $2 and $2.50 respectively. But these are my favourite finds:

Pearlescent green genuine snakeskin shoes: $2

The leather satchel was $10. It looked like it had never been used and the quality is just amazing!

Plus some other fun knicknacks, like a deer salt shaker. I really liked the avon elephant perfume, that was $2 and had never been used either.

I also ended up getting this lamp/clock/phone combo for free, since the phone cord was missing and the horse broke off. They originally wanted $20 for it!

Sadly, the handset doesn't work...but the phone does when it's replaced. I'm hoping I can replace it with something similar to the original.

The $1 suit!

Last edited by >Femme Fatale<; Thu, Apr 19th, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
    pippinelkhound and Big Pink like this.
    >>BRAND NAMES up to 90% off* - join BEYOND THE RACK and get $10 FREE!<<
    *amended the percentage due to recent sales

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh my goodness great buys femmme fatale -love the suit and shoes and the purse

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by >Femme Fatale< View Post
    I know what you mean! Since I started looking for coats I've come away with so many. I know I don't need anymore, but I still look in that section every time I'm there...just in case there's something amazing on the rack .

Anyone else have new finds to share? I had a great week! I found a brand new suzy shier suit set for only $1....it still had the tags on! Also found some wool suits for $2 and $2.50 respectively. But these are my favourite finds:

Pearlescent green genuine snakeskin shoes: $2

The leather satchel was $10. It looked like it had never been used and the quality is just amazing!

Plus some other fun knicknacks, like a deer salt shaker. I really liked the avon elephant perfume, that was $2 and had never been used either.

I also ended up getting this lamp/clock/phone combo for free, since the phone cord was missing and the horse broke off. They originally wanted $20 for it!

Sadly, the handset doesn't work...but the phone does when it's replaced. I'm hoping I can replace it with something similar to the original.

The $1 suit!

Those shoes are amazing!!! I never find nice shoes in my size
    I hate having giant wide feet. I can't wear a lot of cute shoes.
    That clock is ridiculous! Too bad the phone part doesn't work it looks so old fashioned and cool.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I went to the thrift store yesterday and it was the good one near my sister but I had grumpy people with me that sat in the car so I felt super rushed. I found a Dolce and Gabbana shirt but didn't buy it since it was too large and not really my style, found a Calvin Klein dress that looked more like a long tee, but again was too large, and there was a really cool red jumper that was vintage that I was tempted to get but it reminded me of wind breaker material for some reason, or a parachute or something LOL so I resisted the urge to get it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hello fellow thrifters!!

So I have a VV stamp card (30% off next purchase) that I'm looking to RAOK. It's full (completely stamped) but I won't have the time or money to get to my local VV before it expires (May 12th). The card states: "Spring Savings Pass 30% discount may not be redeemed with any other discount or coupon. Pass discount not valid on new merchandise (red tags) or gift certificate purchases. Stamps not awarded and passes not redeemed during grand openings or on sale days. No cash back. No cash value. Spring Savings Pass available while supplies last. Sorry, this pass can not be replaced if lost or destroyed. Pass discount forfeited if item is returned."

If anyone is interested/can use this please let me know as I'd hate to see it go to waste. Feel free to inbox me saying you're interested. I guess to make it fair I'll leave it open until Saturday evening to message me and then I'll randomly pick a name (assuming I get more than one person who's actually interested! lol). I'll drop it in the mail on Sunday so you can get as much time to use it as possible.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Wow this thread has got me really interested!
    Can anyone recommend any good stores in Hamilton or Thornhill/Uptown Toronto?
    Are there any good sales coming up?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information