User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thrift Store/Second Hand Brags!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    It was 7.99 man VV prices are insane Everything else was just way over priced.
    My VV is always over priced, once I found a baby gap sweater it had a huge hole in it and they wanted 7.00 for it! I pointed it out to a staff member and she said "its Gap whos cares if it has a hole in it!".

So alot of times its really touch and go at VV. I like going to St. Paul's and other church stores, I find way better deals in them.
    But, do love the thrift shops! especially for books!

My best find was a vintage beaded purse.
    ssbean likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmamaof03 View Post
    My VV is always over priced, once I found a baby gap sweater it had a huge hole in it and they wanted 7.00 for it! I pointed it out to a staff member and she said "its Gap whos cares if it has a hole in it!".

So alot of times its really touch and go at VV. I like going to St. Paul's and other church stores, I find way better deals in them.
    But, do love the thrift shops! especially for books!

My best find was a vintage beaded purse.
    agree, VV can be overpriced. I usually can find new things on clearance for less than VV. I get all my books from thrift shops too and rethrift them back when i'm done with them. got a phone today for $2.
    ssbean likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I just got 126 mason jars FREE I think I have enough to last me for a while! I found them on kijiji, I love kijiji <3

This finishes my stockpile of jars that I needed for my work at the sugar shack this spring, I believe I have enough for all the maple syrup we'll make!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by >Femme Fatale< View Post
    Hey, you're on the purse forum aren't you? I remember those finds . So you've probably seen some of mine too.

Since my last post, these are my best high-end finds:

Christian Dior - red lapel wool blazer: $5.60

Trussardi - Leather tote bag: $4.90 (RSP: $1000!). I also love the little book clutch right beside it! That one cost me $2.80. I actually found two of them on the same day at two different stores!

I loved the little dog clasp. It's circular like an ouroboros.

Escada - Skirt suit: $5

Early 1960's Barbie: $1.99

Ostrich skin cowboy boots: $2.50 - Similar ones retail for $700 new!

Real fur collar: $1. I'm not sure what kind of fur it is, but it's definitely one of the nicer ones!

These other ones I like because they're so fashion forward:

Mondi - floor length wool/cashmere coat: $4.99

Military blazer w/capelet: $5

Michael Phillips - blue military blazer: $5.99

Marciano - NWT pink mist blazer: $17.99 (RSP: $200)

Silk dress: $5.60

Parasuco - Santana denim biker jacket: $9.90 (RSP: $175, according to this!)

Just look at those metal shoulder plates!

And, since I'm a sucker for pretty shoes and purses:

Ruffled leather shoes: $1

J.Renee studded suede pumps: $5

Pearlescent plastic box purse: $7 - Way too much, but I love plastic box purses!
    Fuschia snakeskin purse: $4.20
    Gold mesh purse: $4.20

Balenciaga Paris - Red leather purse: $3.50 - Not the super high end version that sells those motorcycle bags everyone wants, but still great quality.
    Black box purse: $3.50
    Leather/rabbit fur purse: $3.50
    Wide studded heart closure belt: $3

The belt was a ripoff since it was falling apart, but I thought the heart closure was neat, so I picked it up anyway.

I practically live on the purse forum LOL! Especially the second hand thread. I'm such a brand snob now because of thrift stores, yet I'm too cheap to pay retail sooooo thrifting it is! Except I won't be able to for the next 8 weeks or so since I am working two jobs plus going to school. I have 0 spare time since days off are dedicated to school work now

I really love the blue military blazer and the studded heels. The red balenciaga purse is awesome too! I love the shape of it since I'm more a structured purse kind of person. I really badly want to go out thrifting again just no idea when I am going to have the time.
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Fri, Sep 7th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
    ticul likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Brought home a cute Dolce and Gabbana top and a military style Juicy Couture jacket from Value Village! Probably my last chance to go thrifting for a very long time since I am working two jobs and in school officially now.
    avoncallingu and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Rose - you are incredible! You make such FINDS! I'm personally very ignorant of "BRANDS" to look for - but I'm learning from people such as yourself. Thanks for posting!
    ssbean likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Rose - you are incredible! You make such FINDS! I'm personally very ignorant of "BRANDS" to look for - but I'm learning from people such as yourself. Thanks for posting!
    I've become a brand snob since I started thrifting...My goal is to update my wardrobe with good quality pieces and no more H&M, Forever 21 etc.
    I overpaid for the jacket though but it was way too cute. It was 19.99, but when you consider this thrift store was marking H&M jackets for the same price this one ends up being a great deal...I'm just cheap LOL!
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cheap is Divine!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Last night I scored a Burberry Prorsum blazer for 12.99 and a cute Kate Spade necklace for 4.99!
    I was told the jacket retailed for around $2000 since it is their runway top of the line label!!! The best part is, it's fairly new too! I don't understand what kind of person would just donate a jacket worth that much...but whatever because I now have an awesome new suit jacket to rock at work!
    GoJays, xox2010, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Reviving this thread! Not sure I can remember everything I have found lately, but I have found most recently:
    Versace vest from the 80's $3.99 (was supposed to be for my sis but she doesn't like it so I am wearing it oversized)
    Versace straight leg high-waisted pants $6.50 (regular priced $12.99 but it was half price day at VV)
    Versace quilted spring jacket $6.99 (now I just need spring to actually come so I can wear it)
    Michael Kors creme coloured skinny leg pants $12.99
    Ralph Lauren blouse $9.99
    GoJays and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I picked up a tonne of nice stuff for my son (7, wearing size 10-12 because he is too tall and gangly for 7/8), and my daughter (6 mos almost). For my son found a really nice sherpa lined hoody jacket and a lined borwn plaid jacket. He loves them. Also grabbed a couple pairs of jeans/pants NWT, several t-shirts, a pair of shorts and several long sleeved shirts. For my daughter I grabbed a few light sleepers and summer clothes (Children's Place, Gap, Old Navy and Carter's, either NWT or in like new condition). I tried Frenchies and Louis, the two main thrift stores in this town (they are Nova Scota/Atlantic thrift chains I think), and had most of my luck at Frenchies - it is much cleaner, brighter and just felt better to look through, while still keep proper thrift tore pricing. Value Village in the city has ridiculous prices - I get most of our stuff on clearance brand new for better prices, so I have given up on VV.

When I visited my mother in Edmonton, we went to a Goodwill store - and it was not what I expected - lots of designer, high end stuff, and prices definitely took that into account - not just a standard price per item type across the board like the thrift stores here. it was priced more like VV. In this area we also have two Salvation Army stores, but I have never been to them, a private small used clothing store, and a higher end consignment shop with higher end prices, but really nice stuff.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

just a little heads up. not sure if its all or not. but Talize is having their next 50% of April 1.. no joke
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I prefer thrift stores to have a standard price per item type, and love shopping on days when they do the "$2 any piece of clothing" or "$15 for any 5 pieces of clothing". Makes it easier for me to just pick out what I like and know easily how much each item is without checking the price tag.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Reviving this thread! Not sure I can remember everything I have found lately, but I have found most recently:
    Versace vest from the 80's $3.99 (was supposed to be for my sis but she doesn't like it so I am wearing it oversized)
    Versace straight leg high-waisted pants $6.50 (regular priced $12.99 but it was half price day at VV)
    Versace quilted spring jacket $6.99 (now I just need spring to actually come so I can wear it)
    Michael Kors creme coloured skinny leg pants $12.99
    Ralph Lauren blouse $9.99
    That's a lot of Versace ! Was that all at one store?

I've only found Versace jeans couture, and they were both way too tiny and overpriced.

I prefer thrift stores that actually have thrift store pricing too, but they're so out of the way. Plus, their stock really doesn't change that much, so they're not as fun to get to. I always find most of my stuff at VV, they have a huge selection and the turnover is pretty good. There's one near me that charges decent prices for a VV...most of the time...that's where I like to go.

My favourite finds since my last post:

Ann Taylor Loft - Coral leather (pigskin?) purse: $4.99 (RSP: $118...based on pricing on their site)
    Satchi - Burgundy quilted leather purse w/chain straps: $5.99

This was on a full price day, but I thought prices were reasonable. They're both like new and great quality.

Navy blue stiletto boots: $3
    Dark green leather booties: $3
    Grey leather clutch w/gold leaf hardware: $1.50

This was from the Salvation army, on a half off day. It seems like they haven't had one for a long time, or else they just don't advertise it well.

Moschino cheap and chic - Wool blazer w/gold buttons (RSP: $1000+!)
    Brown wool blazer w/gold buttons
    Urban Behavior - Short sleeve blazer w/mesh panel

Each of these were $1 each! One of the 'real' thrift stores near me was having an awesome sale.

Burnished gold belt
    Trafaluc Zara - Silver glitter circular box purse (RSP: $17.95)
    Zara couture men - Navy blue military blazer (RSP: $199)

Everything in the picture was $9.98 total from the Salvation Army. I'm pretty sure that store had a ton of sample merchandise from Zara, since the brand was crossed off on every item. They all had slight defects, but nothing major.

The blazer was such amazing quality, I was in awe! The inside is as nice as the outside..it was in the women's section, but it turns out it's for a man. I bought it for my brother. It only had a small tear in the lining. I wish I could wear it, but the tailoring is just way too masculine.

Real python skin clutch: $14.99

A lot more than I wanted to pay, but I was absolutely in love with it. Even though it's vintage, the style looks modern enough. A new one like this would probably be around $300 or more!

T. Babaton - Tinsley silk blouse: $2 (RSP: $98...it was still on their site the last time I looked!)
    Red trapezoid purse w/loop lock closure: $2.50

Emporio Armani - tweed blazer: $4 (RSP: $700+!)
    White lace high collar shirt w/pearl detailing: $2

$4 Armani, of course I had to pick it up! I have to say, I thought the Zara blazer above was much better quality...it was just amazing...

Asymmetrical wool jacket: $10

These are from local designers here. The quality is amazing, the fit and construction are just unbelievable. It's probably the finest garment I own, and I'm sure it retailed for several hundred dollars..probably near a thousand.

I found a picture of it on their website:

Also found these high ends suits:

Louis Féraud - Navy blue flared gold buckle skirt suit: $6.50 (RSP: $500+)

Bazar de Christian Lacroix - Burgundy pantsuit: $8.50 (RSP: $1500+!)

I'm always on the lookout for more! Can't wait until the next half off day, it's long overdue.
    anisa and GoJays like this.
    >>BRAND NAMES up to 90% off* - join BEYOND THE RACK and get $10 FREE!<<
    *amended the percentage due to recent sales

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

umm Femme. can you come shopping with me lol..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information