User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: CLB's Backyard BBQ VWT -With PRIZES!

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

just opening envies now.....HOLY COW! AWESOME super GENEROUS envies!!!

It feels like Christmas! I'm sure everyone is going to LOVE their envies!!
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Wed, Apr 11th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Side note: anyone ever been called for jury selection before? Submitted a questionnaire awhile ago, thought it should be self explanatory as to why jury duty is not a possibility....but apparently still have to go....

Not sure my Grandpa would make a great juror...nearly 90, numerous strokes, doesn't recognize me (his caregiver) most days....not sure he should be deciding anyone's fate.....have a call in to his doctor...hopefully he can get him out of it

if anyone can think of any other way to get him out of it i'd love some advice
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Wed, Apr 11th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Side note: anyone ever been called for jury selection before? Submitted a questionnaire awhile ago, thought it should be self explanatory as to why jury duty is not a possibility....but apparently still have to go....

Not sure my Grandpa would make a great juror...nearly 90, numerous strokes, doesn't recognize me (his caregiver) most days....not sure he should be deciding anyone's fate.....have a call in to his doctor...hopefully he can get him out of it
    OMG!!!!!!! that is ridiculous at his age.........i would definately be getting his doctor and maybe lawyer (or someone else) involved. i work in a personal care home and with people just like him on a daily basis and would not even think that they should be able to be forced into it........but i guess that it is not much different than voting......they all still get voter's card's and they couldn't even tell you what they want to wear for the day. something is really worng with our government and judicial system!!!!

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

I wrote a long letter with the first set of questions that were sent, stating that he is in no condition to appear in court -he can't tell you what day it is, and can't communicate clearly, so he cannot serve....but apparently that was not enough to get him out of it.....

I'm not overly concerned about him being picked as a juror (once they see him, hopefully it would sink in that he is NOT able to serve on a jury) but I am dreading the thought of spending a day at the court house waiting for him to be screened. He HATES leaving the house (routine & familiar things are comforting -the world is pretty scary when you can't communicate well and can't remember even basic information), so spending a day waiting in line to be screened seems awful (and pretty cruel for him!)
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Wed, Apr 11th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

I wrote a long letter with the first set of questions that were sent, stating that he is in no condition to appear in court -he can't tell you what day it is, and cannot communicate clearly, so he cannot serve....but apparently that was not enough to get him out of it.....

I'm not overly concerned about him being picked as a juror (once they see him, hopefully it would sink in that he is NOT able to serve on a jury) but I am dreading the thought of spending a day at the court house waiting for him to be screened. He HATES leaving the house (routine & familiar things are comforting -the world is pretty scary when you can't communicate well and can't remember even basic information), so spending a day waiting in line to be screened seems awful (and pretty cruel for him!)
    I really hope that things turn out for you where you are not having to take him out of his comfort zone. It is not easy being a fulltime caregiver and being thrown a curveball like this does not make your situation any easier. i would almost suggest that they have to come to the house to screen him. it would be worth a shot......

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

That's horrible!! Even a 90 year old who is in good health shouild be exempt from Jury Duty--just because they're 90.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

That's just crazy!! And is a typical example of how our government works!! To them he is nothing more then a name of a piece of paper who, apparently, according to there standards is fit for jury duty (which really only means he has no criminal record) sadly you/he will have to still attend and he will be immediately excused. You may want a doctors note as well (just in case), but I'm guessing once he goes though the standard questioning he will just be excused. I'm sorry that at his age and condition he has to be put through this! Wishing you guys all the best

Just as a side note...my grandfather was called to jury duty 6 months after he passed away! My poor grandmother (being in no condition to do so) had to go down to the court office with his death certificate and prove to the judge he had passed on order to have him excused. Good Grief!! What a system!!
    Last edited by jemwars; Wed, Apr 11th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

nothing today....but I did pick up more goodies for the winners

kinda loving this train...gives me a great excuse for shopping!
    coyote00 likes this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

So what's happenin' lol? Just wondering how things are going........

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Nothing so far this week....fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

This week has only brought flyers and a hydro bill that made me look like this followed by this and now am doing this LOL

Hopefully tomorrow will bring lots of mail that makes me do this

I have checked all the bundles I have received so far, and have the prizes packed, so as soon as the last one arrives & is checked they will be ready to return home
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Tue, Apr 17th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
    coyote00 and nat77 like this.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Guess what?! I got mail today

The last envie arrived!! I will finish doing the math and post winners in just a couple of min

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

wahooooooo!

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Drum roll please.....

This was a super generous train! The #'s were very close in both categories between a few riders

Winner for most generous to the conductor with $102.50 (see multiplying factor in first post) -NAT77!!

Winner for most generous to the other riders with avg of $7.25 -COYOTE!!

Congrats Ladies!!

Thanks everyone for another great train! Yummy recipes! Great coupons!

I will finish packing the envies tonight (and tape them up good!) and take them to the post office in the morning!
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Wed, Apr 18th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
    coyote00 and nat77 like this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

wow way to go Ladies!
    coyote00 likes this.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Drum roll please.....

This was a super generous train! The #'s were very close in both categories between a few riders

Winner for most generous to the conductor with $102.50 (see multiplying factor in first post) -NAT77!!

Winner for most generous to the other riders with avg of $7.25 -COYOTE!!

Congrats Ladies!!

Thanks everyone for another great train! Yummy recipes! Great coupons!

I will finish packing the envies tonight (and tape them up good!) and take them to the post office in the morning!

Congrats Nat and a BG thank you to CLB for a great train

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information