User Tag List

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

DD1 is in Sec 2eme at the best school in the area.

SHe's having difficulty keeping up in her lessons due to her being a Anglophone and we want to help her finish this year and move forward into next year.

I'm after suggestions, websites, etc to help her as we really want her to stop at this school.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

both my kids have difficulty in french, so weird considering they are half french, they are just not tuned into it, my son can understand and read almost everything but is very shy to speak and DD is stubborn but she is learning

good luck finding help, sorry i have no suggestions except a private tutor but that can be pricey

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I suggest a french tutor ...ask the school if they have a list of people that tutor french. My dd"s school gave me a list of names & tel. # I did this for my dd she needed a math tutor !! There is also a program called Enfants & cie & they also tutor kids.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

question like that : what are you guys looking for in a french tutor ? can i possibly offer my services ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Depending on where you live, my DH tutors once a wk at a community center. They do every subject, but were specifically looking for French speakers to help with the kids when DH signed up. If you live nearby downtown, I can give you the name, otherwise consider looking at your local community center to see if they offer any of these services (they are free).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I often refer to the Learn Quebec website. They have some wonderful resources there. I'm not sure if it is school board specific, but it's worth looking into. Good luck.

Thread Information