User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: I Really Need to VENT!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

We're eating at 2 That way we can hopefully kick people out by 5. I usually have the opposite problem though, my turkey is so moist it falls off the bone when I try and take it out of the pan.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    If you're prepared to wait , my DS is 7....I promise to try and b e a good MIL

LOL.......love it! And at the rate I'm moving I could very well still be single when your son is old enough!!
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    We're eating at 2 That way we can hopefully kick people out by 5. I usually have the opposite problem though, my turkey is so moist it falls off the bone when I try and take it out of the pan.
    We usually eat around 2 or 3 at big family events too. No one wants to be just finishing dinner and still having to clean up everything etc etc at 7 or 8 at night.......especially if you have kids! It's fine for the guests who are able to just pick up and leave when they want but not for the host who will still have hours of clean up ahead of them. Best of luck today!! Hoping everything runs smoothly...and your family eat and leaves quickly! lol

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

OH. MY. GOD. HIS UNCLE DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP!!!!!!!!! Apparently, he had to work in the morning and so they decided to leave early. Funnily enough, all the Aunts and Uncles who were coming just to see him, came anyway. I was SO MAD! Then one of his Aunt's tried to steal three Ziploc freezer bags of my mom's homemade buns! She didn't even ask, just piled them with her stuff. So my mom went and stole them back and brought them back up to our apartment. LOL.

I have to admit, my mom was great. As soon as people were done eating she was packing stuff up and bringing it back to the apartment. So we had a great dinner, have lots of leftovers for the week (hooray!) and DS got spoiled by his Grandma's like usual. 4 Winnie the Pooh outfits, 3 plain outfits, toys, eggs filled with cereal puffs, a toothbrush set, a singing chicken, a stuffed bunny from me and a new hat from DH.

My grandmother did end up making the trip up, even with her fractured collarbone and it was so nice to have her there for Noah's first Easter.

But I still can't believe they caused me all this stress over this Uncle and he never showed up! ARGH!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OH. MY. GOD. HIS UNCLE DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP!!!!!!!!! Apparently, he had to work in the morning and so they decided to leave early. Funnily enough, all the Aunts and Uncles who were coming just to see him, came anyway. I was SO MAD! Then one of his Aunt's tried to steal three Ziploc freezer bags of my mom's homemade buns! She didn't even ask, just piled them with her stuff. So my mom went and stole them back and brought them back up to our apartment. LOL.

I have to admit, my mom was great. As soon as people were done eating she was packing stuff up and bringing it back to the apartment. So we had a great dinner, have lots of leftovers for the week (hooray!) and DS got spoiled by his Grandma's like usual. 4 Winnie the Pooh outfits, 3 plain outfits, toys, eggs filled with cereal puffs, a toothbrush set, a singing chicken, a stuffed bunny from me and a new hat from DH.

My grandmother did end up making the trip up, even with her fractured collarbone and it was so nice to have her there for Noah's first Easter.

But I still can't believe they caused me all this stress over this Uncle and he never showed up! ARGH!

Maybe you were lucky he didn't show up! lol. Glad to hear the rest of your Easter turned out pretty well though! Maybe you should consider making your own mom your official wingman for all future family events!! LOL

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm glad that you survived,DS got spoiled and God Bless Grandma for being such a trooper in coming.
    Sounds like there were some good memories made, despite everything else.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh this was a thread I am happy to read an update on! So glad it all worked out, too funny about Uncle not coming, even funnier about the thwarted attempt at hijacking your Mom's buns!! ( yes I worded it that way intentionally, lol)
    When I think about it being in a party room instead of at your place I am so happy about that part.
    Congrats ashokia!!
    glowworm2k likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Yes, now the next big battle will be DS' birthday next month. DH wants to have it in the apartment only a few people, but it's his 1st birthday! I wanted to have a big party! Very disappointed!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am sure he will change his mind. Once he starts seeing how many people want to go to your DS birthday I am sure he will not say no. I am glad everything worked out for you.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Wow, DH's family just don't get boundaries! My SIL just called and asked if her teenage son could stay with us for the summer while he worked for one of the Aunt's. In our two bedroom apartment. With a baby. Luckily DH is against the idea! But WTH?!

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

You need to set boundaries for your in-laws. I have been married 2 times and the one thing that I have learned through experiences and maturity is that our DH families mean as much to them as our families mean to us--even if they are a little wacky. You should always put the needs of your son and husband above anyone else but having a little patience with the in-laws does go a long way. You should never stress yourself over in-laws and it is not worth "fighting" with your DH over in-law issues (even thou we all do it). A little patience & kindness goes a long way!! I would just tell them out right that I have a small baby and not able to accommodate having anyone stay ; if they have the nerve to ask you need to have the nerve to say NO. You don't need to be mean or nasty, just say it is too much for you to handle right now. And as for the MIL inviting everyone you just need to tell her it is too much for you to handle if it happens again. Families on both sides are very important but you should only do for them what you are able and not feel bad if it is more than you can handle. Good luck with everything!!
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

My response would be: Well If he's working for the Aunt, why can't he stay with the Aunt?
    Eva-M likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wow, DH's family just don't get boundaries! My SIL just called and asked if her teenage son could stay with us for the summer while he worked for one of the Aunt's. In our two bedroom apartment. With a baby. Luckily DH is against the idea! But WTH?!

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    My response would be: Well If he's working for the Aunt, why can't he stay with the Aunt?
    [drama-llama] Cos he's FAH-IM-LEY....[/drama-llama]

Some people equate family as unpaid servants, landlords, chaffeurs...and not people with their own priorities and wants...
    Eva-M and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Glad it worked out for you. This just proves my case for being a loner and having nothing to do with family. Nothing but problems with them. I much prefer my pets to people.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Glad to hear that you made it through Easter dinner. I am always amazed at how people decide what's yours is theirs (case in point with the buns and the surprise attempt to impose a summer houseguest on you). Families are often a touchy subject for me, just like many other SC'ers; lucky for me, we seem to be doing okay lately by avoiding problems before they happen *knock on wood*

For the houseguest one, I would pleasantly say, "Oh, if he's working he'll be able to pay room and board and help out with all the chores, right?" and then set the room and board rate at something exorbitant - I did this when my Mom suggested I "help out" a daughter of one of her friends in this way.
    nicolthepickle likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information