User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Tearpads - gone so quickly?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Anyone noticing that the tearpads are being cleared out much more quickly? What's your take on this? Do you think it's just because there are more couponers now than a year ago - or two years ago? Or that fewer ppl are taking much more coups (read as "clearing") - in order to trade them for FPCs/HV coups? I'm not sure what to think.... but when I actually started looking for coupons a year ago - they were on the tearpads for a much longer period of time.....

I was in SW yesterday and then SOF today and the tearpads for Astro Original were completely gone - not a trace - as were the Nutrigrain coups at both locations - and Uncle Ben's, Nivea, Skippy, etc ..... Not looking for a big debate just curious what the thoughts are here in Victoria....
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

was a safeway foul bay they had a few tear pads still up (nutrigrain, eggs, uncle bens) but may empty holders i do think there are alot more couponers then there was a year ago, but i think it's also a case of more extreme couponers.. last year there may have been 1 person who would take an excessive amount of everything now there are a few people doing this (maybe even more then a few) last year tear pads would last a week on the shelf.. even good ones.. now they are gone within hours.. (i know the catelli coupon went up and was empty within 2 hours, the cheese coupon this time around is similar i'm sure)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

HMW
    Female
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    123 (100%)

I noticed one trader from Victoria had 120+ of each tear pad coupon listed for trade. I put them on my do not trade list!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree the coupons are literally flying off the shelves these days, I was in CG on Monday and noticed pads of empty Kelloggs corn pops/rice krispies coupons not one in sight, why do people have to take so many take a couple and leave some for other people, it's going to get harder and harder to get coupons unless you are right there when they are being put out, it's disappointing when you have been doing this for awhile and now you can hardly find anything, by the way has anyone found the Dare MIR anywhere? also the D'Italiano? cant find that anywhere.

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

This is a bit off topic but something I found interesting. My bf and I drove to Duncan to mostly take a look around as we are new to Vancouver Island. We were horrified when we came across a group of "extreme couponer's" at Walmart. There were three ladies with the biggest binders I have ever seen in my life. I was being snoopy and took a closer look as they were flipping through their binders and they had ENTIRE TEARPADS in there!! I mean MANY full, hardly touched tearpads clipped inside their binders!!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    I noticed one trader from Victoria had 120+ of each tear pad coupon listed for trade. I put them on my do not trade list!
    That's all you can do. Don't trade with them and maybe they'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by CouponasaurusRex View Post
    This is a bit off topic but something I found interesting. My bf and I drove to Duncan to mostly take a look around as we are new to Vancouver Island. We were horrified when we came across a group of "extreme couponer's" at Walmart. There were three ladies with the biggest binders I have ever seen in my life. I was being snoopy and took a closer look as they were flipping through their binders and they had ENTIRE TEARPADS in there!! I mean MANY full, hardly touched tearpads clipped inside their binders!!
    This is absolutely on-topic. It answers the question -- where are all the tearpads going? Next time you see these ladies, or other extremists, why not go up them and say, "Glad I ran into you, gals. I'd been wondering what was happening to all the tearpads," and help yourself.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I rarely have posted. Started couponing for my family only, not a hoarder. I live in cowichan valley, but work in Victoria. I never see any new coupon tear pads in duncan- don't know if they are not put up, or are snatched up selfishly. In Victoria, by the time I get off work ( with about an hr drive ahead) sometimes i will stop into SOF Saanich or Safeway Tillicum. I have rarely ever gotten a coupon in the last about 9 months. I see the posts of new tear pads & PRESTO they are never at stores, even though i will take time to stop in everyday. I shop in duncan, and have 3 friends that works there. They tell me of aggressive couponers - BE NICER, clearing shelves- STOP IT.......prob ladies with big binders.....HEY LADIES WITH BIG BINDERS.....SHARE THE LOVE OF COUPONING.....LEAVE SOME FOR THE OTHER COUPONERS. I shop with the inserts & wait to see if markdowns. I want the savings & I like to coupon....but i am so disscouraged about no tear pad finds.....and I have never traded because I don't have much to offer anyone that they dont already have. People be fair, everyone wants to save money, when you take every coupon on shelf it spoils it for all others. Theres my two cents, and I probably wont post for another 6 months. Happy Savings to ALL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Hey Lovethisgame - You are absolutely right Mostly the couponers out there are just simply trying to save some money on groceries ..... I think it will take all of us to write off trading with the people that steal all the tearpads - and not get sucked into trading your FPCs for their supposedly HV bread/catelli coupons..... before we'll see it change. Until then if they take all the coupons for a particular product and then request ridiculous things in exchange for them - all you can do it choose not to trade with them. Eventually they will get bored of having to throw out a ton of coupons that they couldn't trade for gc/FPCs.....

On the other hand out of all the trades I've done - they are 98% with fair, honest, and mostly generous traders --- there's only been a couple where I didn't receive what I expected and was somewhat disappointed. But then when I started I learned the ropes from Giving-Small and Sheets of Empty Canvas and their training group. It was a fabulous way to learn about this process and to figure out what works for you.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Deals4me View Post
    I agree the coupons are literally flying off the shelves these days, I was in CG on Monday and noticed pads of empty Kelloggs corn pops/rice krispies coupons not one in sight, why do people have to take so many take a couple and leave some for other people, it's going to get harder and harder to get coupons unless you are right there when they are being put out, it's disappointing when you have been doing this for awhile and now you can hardly find anything, by the way has anyone found the Dare MIR anywhere? also the D'Italiano? cant find that anywhere.
    If you like, I have an extra D'Italiano coupon to RAOK to you.

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Well this isn't hopeful at all, I'm moving to Victoria and was told that BC had great opportunity for couponing. To these ladies, like really? I'm one who has a big binder of coupons because I'm a mom of 5, but I can assure you that it isn't full of tear pads nor is it full. Very discouraging, because even for a family my size I wouldn't got through a full tear pad of "stuff"

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have four binders, on for Food, one for cleaning one for OTC one and one for beauty. I have quite a few coupons but I get them from going from store to store. I never grab full tear pads. If I am in one store I grab a few from there. If I am in another store I then grab a few more of the same coupon if they have it. I hit a lot of stores and I have also noticed that the tear pads are gone fast. I have my secret places though and I have traveled all over the island. I think who ever is taking the full pads are auctioning them off on ebay. I love to share for free so if any of you are looking for any and I might have them I will give you some. I do grab a few extra to share.
    tallia5 and karissadahl like this.

Trades
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

At Save On we try to keep any tearpads we can behind the service desk, where I work. That way we can give out 3-4 coupons per person - a much better way to share the wealth with ALL customers

KewKewForCoupons
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I really thought I was the only one that started noticing this. I have not seen a tear pad coupon in over a month in any stores. If anyone finds out who this ladies are I would really like to know. Plus everyone please note that you are allowed to notify the customer service staff and the manager if you see people taking entire tear pads. The managers do not like it when people take full pads and they have the right to as the person to not take the entire pads and ban them from their store if they do not comply.
    lizardlipz likes this.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

This answers all my questions. I've lived here for a little over 9 months and haven't seen a single coupon in stores. I moved from Ontario and there was always a few left.

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I know and I find it super frustrating...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information