User Tag List

Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Like Tree2707Likes

Thread: Shoebox of Love 2012 - MOTHER'S DAY PACKAGE TRAIN

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Here, in Northern Ontario... when camping, the biggest problem is Bears(only saw thier poop once--you know its bear poop---HUGE) and the regular animals like raccoons.

OMG! Last year... Little Racoons "broke into" our screen tent.... stole my 12 rolls of toilet paper. BAHAHAHAHAHAH! I guess they know tthe bear
    That's funny!! Last year Fanshawe Conservation was filled with racoons.... They were breaking into everyone tents and trailors. Most people ended up just not camping there anymore, it was so bad! Glad I don't camp there anymore!
    Last edited by jemwars; Thu, Apr 5th, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I remember one year, we were eating dinner in our trailer and the raccoons were just pounding on the door trying to get in. It was crazy!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ha we don't even have to leave home to have critters bother us.. a few years ago my sons made a bad habit apparently of leaving the squirrels peanuts.. well one day we were al busy in the house and in the backyard. i came in the house... went to the kitchen.. left the screen open as I was coming back with a platter of food... as I turn the corner from my kitchen into my dining room.. there sitting in my dining room staring at me.. was a squirrel.. I screamed.. .it ran.. LOL. no more leaving peanuts and no more leaving the door open.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    I dont camp. period.

lol my in-laws are trying to get me out this summer. I just cant do it.

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    omg does a crying baby attract animals like that? if so then we are DEFINATLY not going camping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    Most animals will leave you alone. It's really just bears and cougars that i worry about and bears will leave you alone if you make enough noise and don't leave food out. Cougars....well they scare me haha. I don't think they're particularly afraid of humans. Having a crying baby is kind of the same as going for a hike with a little dog. It's like lunch on a leash. Here kitty kitty. haha

I know plenty of people who will take their babies camping in a trailer though and have never had any problems. I just don't like the idea of doing it in a tent. Maybe in places that don't have cougars but definitely not in Alberta or BC.

It's probably worth noting that i've also been told my cougar fear is a little irrational so you probably don't' need to get all freaked out just because i don't' like big cats.
    eeeeek....cougars! I am definitely NOT going camping in Alberta (or BC), my brothers-in-laws keep trying to invite us out for camping, and to think I was just worried about the bears! oh and having a fear of scary animals isnt irrational!

Quote Originally Posted by luc_anna View Post
    Me to. I have a paralyzing fear of snakes. Don't know what it is about them but they scare the crap out of me. I can't even look at a cartoon snake on t.v. I will have nightmares if I do. I'm weird I know.
    I hate snakes too, if I see them on tv I have nightmares too.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Here, in Northern Ontario... when camping, the biggest problem is Bears(only saw thier poop once--you know its bear poop---HUGE) and the regular animals like raccoons.

OMG! Last year... Little Racoons "broke into" our screen tent.... stole my 12 rolls of toilet paper. BAHAHAHAHAHAH! I guess they know the bear

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    ha we don't even have to leave home to have critters bother us.. a few years ago my sons made a bad habit apparently of leaving the squirrels peanuts.. well one day we were al busy in the house and in the backyard. i came in the house... went to the kitchen.. left the screen open as I was coming back with a platter of food... as I turn the corner from my kitchen into my dining room.. there sitting in my dining room staring at me.. was a squirrel.. I screamed.. .it ran.. LOL. no more leaving peanuts and no more leaving the door open.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Hubby feeding a FRIENDLY raccoon at my FIL's cottage last summer! and Red squirrel! There is also a chimpmuck that just wanders in the cottage (through the hole in the screen door) like he owns the place and helps himself to peanuts!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I love to camp as well. I've already got sites booked at Killbear and the Pinery. Very excited to go. We have a pop-up trailer. I am terrified of bears. The first time we went to Killbear I went alone with my two kids (3.5 and 18 months). It was a little scary. I brought a baseball bat to make me feel better! Glad I didn't have to use it!!

Check out the camping thread Kelly25 started:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/285214-...thread-canada/

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

All these stories remind me of something that happened a couple of years ago....DH and I stopped by my grandparents house on the way home from work as we often did....just to see if they needed help with anything....well my Grandpa started telling us about this "rabbit" that had crawled into his compost box, he had no idea how it got in there and he had tried leaving the bottom door open, hoping it would leave, but it just wouldn't go. So DH went and took a peek to see what he could do...well we soon heard "That's no fri**in rabbit" He had opened up the box and a HUGE Possum snarled his nasty teeth a him. It wasn't going anywhere lol...we called the humane society but were told they don't handle that kind of stuff?!? But suggested throwing in a cloth with bleach and that would drive it out....of course it didn't... a couple hours later DH managed to scare the thing out using the handle on the rake...not taken to kindly by the possum who attacked it many times...but in the end it took off. As much as it was kind of scary...that thing looked like it wanted to kill us but I just couldn't stop laughing that my grandfather had actually confused a rabbit with a possum!! If you ever seen them you know there nothing alike We told him he really need to start wearing his glasses!
    Jezebel, hogama and julesie-pie like this.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Cougars in Alberta!!??!!?? I go camping every year, and LUCKILY never saw anything scary. I am kinda scared to go now!

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

omg, these camping stories have me cracking up... when I should be in bed! I was off today, and am off until Monday!! YAY! ...almost like a mini vacation.

I was going to close off boarding if no one else wanted to join... but there is one more hopping aboard! and I'm still waiting on a few more lists. I'll send those people a friends PM to get things moving along soon!!

Sorry I wasn't around today....

Happy Easter everyone!
    Jezebel and julesie-pie like this.

Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    Cougars in Alberta!!??!!?? I go camping every year, and LUCKILY never saw anything scary. I am kinda scared to go now!
    Oh yes!!! When I lived in Alberta... I did see one cougar. I was FAST... it jumped out from the woods, and leaped across the road in front of my (moving!) car.... into the woods on the other side of the road.... It only hit the ground once -- it was almost like it was flying!! ...and it had a huge, looooooooong tail. Beautiful creature!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jemwars View Post
    All these stories remind me of something that happened a couple of years ago....DH and I stopped by my grandparents house on the way home from work as we often did....just to see if they needed help with anything....well my Grandpa started telling us about this "rabbit" that had crawled into his compost box, he had no idea how it got in there and he had tried leaving the bottom door open, hoping it would leave, but it just wouldn't go. So DH went and took a peek to see what he could do...well we soon heard "That's no fri**in rabbit" He had opened up the box and a HUGE Possum snarled his nasty teeth a him. It wasn't going anywhere lol...we called the humane society but were told they don't handle that kind of stuff?!? But suggested throwing in a cloth with bleach and that would drive it out....of course it didn't... a couple hours later DH managed to scare the thing out using the handle on the rake...not taken to kindly by the possum who attacked it many times...but in the end it took off. As much as it was kind of scary...that thing looked like it wanted to kill us but I just couldn't stop laughing that my grandfather had actually confused a rabbit with a possum!! If you ever seen them you know there nothing alike We told him he really need to start wearing his glasses!

Also slightly terrified of possums. Those suckers are viscous. Maybe not quite as terrified of them as cougars as I don't think they can eat me but i'm sure they could do some pretty nasty damage.

Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Waiting for lists from:
    slambert (PM sent tonight)
    Trillium15
    Momto2K's
    couponsrule (PM sent tonight)
    izzybeerose (I just saw her requst tonight)

Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Gotta get to bed now... 1am.... egg hunt tomorrow!

G'nite all!
    Jezebel and Bear25 like this.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Hey all i'm not going to be around this weekend, i get to go to my mom's, haven't see her in 8 months so i'm excited. But i will be back monday afternoon, so if anyone was wondering why i'm not talking this is why. Happy Easter to everyone.
    Jezebel, trish1980 and hogama like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

The only camping I do is on my couch I don't do tents !!..dirt..outhouse !...ewww

I will be around to pop in on the thread
    Lets get those wishlists in ...we don't want to remove peeps from the train !!!
    hogama likes this.

Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information