User Tag List

Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Like Tree2707Likes

Thread: Shoebox of Love 2012 - MOTHER'S DAY PACKAGE TRAIN

Trading Score
    137 (98%)

LOL I love the camping stories. I love camping but I am extremely afraid of spiders ( only spiders... no other bugs bother me) So when I go camping and am sitting down I have to put my feet up on something (in my head if my feet are on the ground a spider is going to crawl up my leg even though it can just as easily climb up a chair on to me... but whatever!!) and before bed I make my bf go in with a flashlight and check every little corner and under everything to make sure there are no spiders and then once I'm inside I put tape on every little spot I think a spider might be able to crawl in. It's kind of pathetic really :/ lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

bahaha I have the same issue...or else he gets bored of what he is doing and never finishes the last part of it! Soo frustrating..
    Right now we have at least 2 things incomplete that I can think of off the top of my head.... Dishwasher installed and working but needs the bottom panel put on .... Front storm door needs the part that pulls it closed put on...Bathroom closet needs 3 more shelves.
    Some things I am just too scared to try myself tho :s
    hogama likes this.

Trading Score
    266 (99%)

LOL You ladies are hilarious. These camping stories are great. I actually LOVE camping, I'm taking my son on our 1st camping trip, just mommy and Pressley this July after he turns 3. The only thing I don't know how to do is set up the camp fire, but my mom is going to teach me that before we go. Apparently spraying lighter fluid on some wood isn't the correct way. LOL. I say whatever gets the job done. haha I haven't been camping in YEARS! Both my ex husband and my ex boyfriend before him were girls and didn't like camping.

Trading Score
    137 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by trish1980 View Post
    LOL You ladies are hilarious. These camping stories are great. I actually LOVE camping, I'm taking my son on our 1st camping trip, just mommy and Pressley this July after he turns 3. The only thing I don't know how to do is set up the camp fire, but my mom is going to teach me that before we go. Apparently spraying lighter fluid on some wood isn't the correct way. LOL. I say whatever gets the job done. haha I haven't been camping in YEARS! Both my ex husband and my ex boyfriend before him were girls and didn't like camping.
    That'll be so much fun camping with your boy! I want to do it this year too! and yah...spraying lighter fluid in the woods def might not be the best way lol

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i spent so many years as a youg child i've grown to hate it. im NOT a camper. hubby went and bought a whole wack of stuff at garage sales a couple of years back took the guys camping.. ya they sat on their butts while he did the work. then they found out the site they picked was so cheap because it was under a flight path of the airport.. they came home early and he gave everything away. LOL. NOW if we go 'camping' its going to be in a trailer. i just noticed the new 'online/offline' boxes. cool.
    trish1980 and julesie-pie like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    I don't put anything together! I don't touch tools. I should learn, but I do not like to get dirty. My hubby said to me "WHAT did you do BEFORE me"? I just smiled and replied "Called my Daddy!" *BLINK~ BLINK*

My family and closest friends call me "Princess". They have just accepted I don't "do dirt/cold/gross/bugs/etc".

I do camp. We have a tent trailer(that I don't set up). Once he has it "ready". I go and make the beds... set up the heater/fan and spray myself with a toxic amount of bug spray. I also made my hubby buy me a porta-potty. He hates it. I love it. My sisters and girlfriends sure made fun of me.... but noone is laughing at 3am when you gotta pee and its dark and scary "out there".

I'm aware... I'm spoiled. And, I love it
    i like camping but as long as there are FLUSH TOILETS and SHOWERS really close by to my tent. If I have to go pee at night (and I almost always do) I make my hubby get up and go with me! I am not going to be running into any scary night animals by myself in the dark!! Oh and I am also really afraid of bears! we cant camp anywhere where they are bears - which pretty much cuts out most places north of southern ontario - I love Charleston Lake provincial park - where there are no bears! Havent been camping since DD was born though, not sure how that will go, might try it this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by luc_anna View Post
    When I meet hubby I had never been camping out in the middle of now where with no hydro. I go use to it. But once the kids came I could'nt take it anymore. I made him buy me a 33 foot camper with a slide out room. It has a bedroom for us and a seperate bedroom for the kids with 2 bunks. We have a washroom in it, hot water. And I made him buy a generator and set up the satallite. Now I fully enjoy are weekends at the camper (which is every weekend starting after the may long weekend). It's almost better then being at home now. 2 seconds and all the cleaning is done, then I just sit outside with my legs up with a nice cold drink and watch the kids run around and play all day.
    lucky! I want a pop-up tent trailer, still working on hubby for one

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    i spent so many years as a youg child i've grown to hate it. im NOT a camper. hubby went and bought a whole wack of stuff at garage sales a couple of years back took the guys camping.. ya they sat on their butts while he did the work. then they found out the site they picked was so cheap because it was under a flight path of the airport.. they came home early and he gave everything away. LOL. NOW if we go 'camping' its going to be in a trailer. i just noticed the new 'online/offline' boxes. cool.
    LOL
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I LOVE camping! One of the best things about summer! We tented with our 2 year old for the first time last year and he LOVED it. Sadly, however, there will be none of that this summer as we have a newborn that my husband has affectionately described as "cougar bait".....hence no camping this year.
    trish1980 likes this.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

I dont camp. period.

lol my in-laws are trying to get me out this summer. I just cant do it.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    I LOVE camping! One of the best things about summer! We tented with our 2 year old for the first time last year and he LOVED it. Sadly, however, there will be none of that this summer as we have a newborn that my husband has affectionately described as "cougar bait".....hence no camping this year.

omg does a crying baby attract animals like that? if so then we are DEFINATLY not going camping!!!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

You ladies make me I love all the stories and insights! Love to camp but very afraid of snakes!
    julesie-pie likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Most animals will leave you alone. It's really just bears and cougars that i worry about and bears will leave you alone if you make enough noise and don't leave food out. Cougars....well they scare me haha. I don't think they're particularly afraid of humans. Having a crying baby is kind of the same as going for a hike with a little dog. It's like lunch on a leash. Here kitty kitty. haha

I know plenty of people who will take their babies camping in a trailer though and have never had any problems. I just don't like the idea of doing it in a tent. Maybe in places that don't have cougars but definitely not in Alberta or BC.

It's probably worth noting that i've also been told my cougar fear is a little irrational so you probably don't' need to get all freaked out just because i don't' like big cats.

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    omg does a crying baby attract animals like that? if so then we are DEFINATLY not going camping!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Defintely having a blonde moment today. I was debating whether to join this train as life has been so busy for me lately and tried to comment on the thread and it wouldnt let me . I sat here for a couple mins only to realize that I must sign in , to be able to comment....DUH!!!

May I have a seat please.....I would love to ride this train...

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mimzy71 View Post
    You ladies make me I love all the stories and insights! Love to camp but very afraid of snakes!
    Me to. I have a paralyzing fear of snakes. Don't know what it is about them but they scare the crap out of me. I can't even look at a cartoon snake on t.v. I will have nightmares if I do. I'm weird I know.
    coyote00 likes this.

Get in, Sit down, shut up and hold on!

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Love camping and fishing and all that stuff, but when it comes to putting anything together I am useless, even with instructions lol

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Here, in Northern Ontario... when camping, the biggest problem is Bears(only saw thier poop once--you know its bear poop---HUGE) and the regular animals like raccoons.

OMG! Last year... Little Racoons "broke into" our screen tent.... stole my 12 rolls of toilet paper. BAHAHAHAHAHAH! I guess they know the bear

Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread Information