User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: When did you switch to size 4 diapers for your LO?

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I think I switched DS to size 4 at around 6 months, he outgrew the absorbency of the size 3. It was SO annoying, because he would constantly be leaking through. I would change him and put him down for a nap right away and 2 hours later when he woke up he would be soaked through, I got sick and tired of constantly bathing and doing laundry so i just upped the diaper size.

He is 13 months now and I just switched him over to size 5 because we started having the same leak through issues. The only thing that sucks about it is I have about 15 packs of slip ons in size 5 that are WAY to big for him and since they don't have proper tabs they just hang literally an inch from his crotch, lol. So I am really hoping that I have enough regular tab diapers to last until he fits into the slip on's properly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think about 11 months
    http://www.aveyphoto.com
    Join me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/aveyphoto

Earn Cash, Gift Cards and Prizes by searching the web and playing free games online! Sign up here and start off with a few swag bucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/missyont

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I always heard once you get the poop blowouts it's time to change sizes.

I don't go by the weight on the packages, I move up when I think DD needs to. She's only 13 lbs but we'll need to move up to size 3 once we finish the current box of 2s cause she has massive thighs but a tiny tummy.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Each kid is different

My little one is 1.5 yrs old - 21lbs and he is in Huggies Size 3 - size 4 is just too big on him yet

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I agree with the posters. Weight is a guideline only. If they don't contain the mess, they are too small! You aren't saving money if you have to do too much extra laundry, never mind the exasperation for you. My first son went through sizes like mad and finally settled in at size 6 for about a year, between 2.5 and 3.5 years. My second was in size 6 less time. I also sold my last box on Kijiji for a discounted, but still substantial price. If you can't trade them, sell them.
    krysta lynne likes this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Selling them--that is a great idea. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    I agree with the posters. Weight is a guideline only. If they don't contain the mess, they are too small! You aren't saving money if you have to do too much extra laundry, never mind the exasperation for you. My first son went through sizes like mad and finally settled in at size 6 for about a year, between 2.5 and 3.5 years. My second was in size 6 less time. I also sold my last box on Kijiji for a discounted, but still substantial price. If you can't trade them, sell them.
    krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My little guy is 14 months and still in size 3's when he isnt wearing his cloth diapers. He is only hovering around 22 pounds and has no butt like his daddy

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

my dd1 was in size 4 until she was 2 1/2 then she potty trained. dd2 just went into them maybe a month ago so around 16 months. i remember with my first this size being the longest.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

My oldest DS wore size 4 Pampers when he was about 6 months old. He didn't weigh a lot but had chubby thighs. He only wore Pampers as we had trouble with Huggies leaking. My youngest DS who is now 17 months old has outgrown diapers and wears a size 5/2-3 Pampers Easy Ups or size 2-3 Pullups. Again he has chubby thighs and a bit below the "average weight" for his age. I see they followed the same pattern. I do find Huggies to have a bit better stretchy legband though.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

DS was 6 months. But at 5 months, I started putting them on him at night, since he slept 13 hours straight, and size 3 wasn't cutting it.
    DD, I believe, was also 6 months, or somewhere around there, can't remember.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never paid too much attention to the max sizes as my children always needed to switch before they reached the max. My trigger was once they started leaking/exploding out it was time for a new size.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter is 2.5 years old and is occasionally in a size 4 (for nights) since she is potty training now. My kids are both really small and my son (5 y.o.) also potty trained right out of size 4. I remember Huggies & Pampers sending out 3-diaper samples for the next size up for my kids. I gave the size 5 and 6 to friends.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Oh My!I really went through a variety of experiences.
    *My oldest DD was very thin and petite and was potty trained by size 3 (almost size 4)
    *My 1st DS, was at size 6 at the age of 1, they had only just introduced that size. I wrote the company to ask what next and they said depends. Luckly, as he grew and lost chub and stayed at 6 till he was potty trained.
    * my 2nd DS, was a size 3 or 4 but potty trained quite early
    *And my youngest DD, only was in size 2 when she started the obnoxious habit of pulling the the tabs off. Was particularly awful when she was in her car seat. After 3 months of frustration, switched over to pullups. While they were less absorbent and much more expensive per unit, the rate in which my DD destroyed diapers far exceeded the cost of pullups.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

my boy switched sizes so fast in the first 6 months. i can't remember what happened when, it was all a blur!

he is tall, and so a longer torso is probably the reason i switched diaper sizes fast with him. the tabs would always close to where they were an inch apart on the front, with every size he wore. he's not a chubby kid

he is 95th percentile for height, 75th percentile for weight.

i think he was in size 5 at around 5 months or so. i don't remember where we were at for size 4.
    he wears pampers.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information