User Tag List

Thread: Silani Cheese

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I bought the Silani cheese that was on sale at No Frills today. Seeing many people buy it I bought 2. When I brought it home and tried some I did not like the taste at all. I thought it would taste just like mozzerella cheese from kraft or black diamond, but it didn't it tastes really bad. After cutting two slices off, in the middle is a brown spot with some hardened cheese around it, that is what it looks like to me. Is the Silani cheese supposed to be fully white and no imperfections, or is this part of the cheese?

If you buy Silani cheese then how do you use it?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes your cheese should be all white, and it does taste like normal mozza cheese. I actually like it better it has a light creamy taste and is great on homemade pizza, and wonderful slices up with sliced tomatoes with olive oil. I think you should take it back to the store or contact the company. Hope this was helpful.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    Yes your cheese should be all white, and it does taste like normal mozza cheese. I actually like it better it has a light creamy taste and is great on homemade pizza, and wonderful slices up with sliced tomatoes with olive oil. I think you should take it back to the store or contact the company. Hope this was helpful.
    Yes it was very helpful. I will take it back to the store and contact the company, because it must be a bad batch from the company since it has some brown spot in the middle.

Thread Information