User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: What does the Easter Bunny bring for your kids?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

My 5 year old grandson found a nest in his house, apparently the easter bunny was thinking of bedding down there, he got scared when he heard noises upstairs so he hightailed it out of there. He was so scared he pooped a bunch of chocolate eggs, good thing they were wrapped in foil so mom said they were alright to eat. That darn bunny made a stop at my house too, told me to bring Ryder over a bunch of peeps (of coarse to share with grandma ) and kindereggs and jellybeans. My gosh, they are so cute at that age!
    Natalka, aussie, KK7 and 4 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It has been a while, but as kids we got one large chocolate egg stuffed with snack size bars (they are bigger in the UK than here) and 1 bunny each then we had a hunt of Cadbury Creme Egg sized eggs - no toys but we did get a pretty new dress to wear to church.
    Natalka and Peachykeen2007 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We did an egg hunt, they got some books and bubbles along with chocolates too...when I was a kid it was the same thing.
    Natalka and Peachykeen2007 like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Easter never has been huge and still isn't chocolate, Kayla received some crafting stuff and andrew gift card for gas(20.00) My kids live in a very "richy" area and classmates have always received tons but it never bothered them. My kids are 14 and 17 and sill to this day thank me for the time we spend together not the things they receive.
    Natalka, aussie, kazm-l and 3 others like this.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

In my family as kids we usually got a new church outfit, a chocolate bunny and a basket of some small candies, bubbles, books, etc.

My boys are both under 5, so the youngest doesn't get any candy at all and the eldest gets a little bit. We do the egg hunt, but so far it is more about the thrill of finding them. So yes, I get them some new toys for Easter and a new shirt each for their Easter pics. They also get gifts from my side of the family and DH's side (things like bubbles, puzzles, and coloring books)....it did seem a bit like Christmas today especially with the snow we got last night and the turkey. LOL I know the lots of gifts won't continue when they are older, but for now they don't understand the whole holiday so I'll just let them enjoy it.
    Last edited by AmberLab; Sun, Apr 8th, 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm kind of like Amberlab. I opt for mostly toys & clothes since I dont like the idea of my kids getting loads of candy.

Each of my kids got 1 nice outift to wear today to Church, a new Easter themed book, 3 small toys (DD got a little bubble blowing kit from the $store, a kite and a dress up set with plastic high heels & a purse. DS got a bath toy, a plastic toy truck and an Easter bib) and then 1 small Chocolate bunny each (although DS wont be eating his). They also got 6 plastic eggs to hunt for (DD's was filled with 1 small egg inside each and DS's was filled with Gerber Graduates).

My mom also got each of my kids a new Spring outfit and then the movie Hop.

I dont think we went overboard, I just prefer to spend my money on clothes and a few small toys instead of tons of candy. DD is already a candy-holic so I'm trying to avoid it all together. lol. And she loves new dresses!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

when i was a kid i got chocolates and maybe 1 or 2 toys that was it and that was more than enough.
    I got my nieces and nephews some chocolate and a toy each, i thought that was resonable.

I actually work in retail and where i work we had tons of easter merchandise.
    I had a lady come through my till and bought over $300 worth of easter stuff for her 2 kids easter baskets/hunts etc.
    Most of it was candy and junky toys and colouring books and such.
    like woah, talk about spoiling.

I was like okay so your total is $347.52, she whips out her credit card without even blinking LOL

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I have 2 kids - 1.5yr old and a 4yr old

Only my oldest right now gets stuff from the easter bunny, not anything big but he does get presents instead of candies or chocolates as he doesn't eat them, not by my choice but by his own (very strange eh!!)

He received from the easter bunny a cute spring outfit which cost $4 for the set at Walmart in the states, a bunch of those plastic eggs that all had different tattoos in them (all from the dollar store), a green bouncy ball & coloring book (from the dollar store) and a lightning mcqueen bucket to collect the easter eggs

Think in the end I spent under $15
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sun, Apr 8th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
    Natalka, aussie, KK7 and 2 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Growing up Easter always meant getting up super early for church, because if you didn't go to church, the Easter Bunny didn't come

We always got a new outfit, jelly beans or gummies, a solid bunny and a hollow egg with our names on it. We also got a hollow egg from each of my mom's sisters (she had 5). We were able to eat whatever we wanted that day, and the rest 'disappeared' - I found out as I got older my mom froze the chocolate and used it for baking

My kids - 12, 11, 9 & 4 -each got a little rolo egg & aero egg (from the dollar tree - 2/$1), some gummy candies, PB cups, Easter Smarties, and mini solid bunnies. My sister also got them some stuff from the BB. Whatever isn't gone by the end of the week will 'disappear' I'm sure the kids will enjoy the yummy cookies though
    We went to Siloam Mission yesterday to help serve the homeless. It was a humbling experience for the kids, and I think they may appreciate what they got more so now, than before.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    Growing up Easter always meant getting up super early for church, because if you didn't go to church, the Easter Bunny didn't come

We always got a new outfit, jelly beans or gummies, a solid bunny and a hollow egg with our names on it. We also got a hollow egg from each of my mom's sisters (she had 5). We were able to eat whatever we wanted that day, and the rest 'disappeared' - I found out as I got older my mom froze the chocolate and used it for baking

My kids - 12, 11, 9 & 4 -each got a little rolo egg & aero egg (from the dollar tree - 2/$1), some gummy candies, PB cups, Easter Smarties, and mini solid bunnies. My sister also got them some stuff from the BB. Whatever isn't gone by the end of the week will 'disappear' I'm sure the kids will enjoy the yummy cookies though
    We went to Siloam Mission yesterday to help serve the homeless. It was a humbling experience for the kids, and I think they may appreciate what they got more so now, than before.
    When I was little all the extra always went into the freezer after a week too......but they always came back out! I remember my mom pulling the solid bunnies out and me watching as she attacked it with a butter knife to break off chunks! Now that I'm older everything comes upstairs with me......so it can't disappear!! lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Similar to ninna, when I was growing up, Easter was only religious, nothing secular. I can't even remember if I even realized/noticed other kids at school talking about the Easter Bunny coming for them!....
    Ours was a combination, but the religious Easter was more emphasized. Same now with my girls. For Easter morning they woke up early and had a little basket of treats and a large bunny (I never buy the Dora/Barbie/Disney chocolate - just paying for the name IMO), they also each got flowers. After that off to church with the grandparents and then spent the day with family.
    Last edited by erin9mmm; Mon, Apr 9th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was kind of surprised to hear that my neice and nephew got a video and other toys for Easter. I didn't know it had turned into another Christmas-like holiday. When I was a kid, we got a small stuffed animal and/or a chocolate bunny. My mother kept the bunnies in the fridge and we were only allowed to eat one piece of it per day. We always went to church too, but we did that year-round.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Growing up we were very poor, so we were lucky if we got one bunny each. We always got a new Easter outfit from our grandparents for church. I loved Easter because that was the only time I would get something new that was for a girl. (Otherwise I was wearing my brother's castoffs and always dressed like a boy!) And I loved my Easter bonnet.

DS is only ten months, so we didn't give him any chocolate. He got a stuffed bunny ($9.99 at SDM), a new outfit for Easter and a toothbrush set from us. We also got some plastic Easter eggs to hide in his little fenced in area of the living room and instead of chocolate, we filled them up with Cheerios and Cereal Puffs.

Both his grandmother's spoiled him (they are always trying to outdo the other) so he got 3 new outfits from DH's side and 4 new outfits from my mom, as well as a singing chicken, a Cadbury clucking Easter Bunny and a Honey Bee terrycloth bag and hooded towel for the pool.

She gave me a set of earrings from Avon, also with honey bees (I call DS Hunny Bee lol) 2 small packages of mini eggs and a homemade brownie in the shape of an egg, decorated with icing. (And I'm 33! LOL)

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Gosh i didn't know kids got pressies for Easter either.
    Mine get a little chocolate and thats it!
    I used to hide them around the house but my kids are blind as bats and i'd find chocolate eggs a week later...actually thats
    not such a bad thing,lol
    Nowadays i don't even have to steal the leftovers, one thing i have taught my kids is that they share their choccie with their mother
    KK7 likes this.
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Mine got a lot but nothing too extravagant or expensive. They got:

Coloring books
    Bubbles
    Sidewalk chalk
    Playdough
    Hot wheels (DS only)
    CareBear DvD (DD only)
    Chocolate Bunny Pop
    A reeses pieces carrot
    kinder surprise egg

And we did an egg hunt where we filled those plastic eggs with jellybeans and liliput eggs.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information