User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have been a loyal Sears customer since I had a dollar to spend, but I haven't been very happy with them lately. My last transaction with them just seemed to prove even more that they are going downhill.
    Remember, I live out in the country and every time I go to Sears it's at least a half hour's drive each way! First, I put in a catalogue order for a window blind. Went in to pick it up. Got it home, but it was too small for my window. Went back in to return it, but they wouldn't refund my money because they said I sized my window wrong (???????) and it was a custom cut. So, stupidly I ordered the same blind again in a larger size, along with a couple of towels they had on sale. Went in to pick them up, but only the towels were in. Got a call that the blind was in a store in Quebec. Then got a call that my blind was finally in the right store. Went back in to pick it up. Got it home and it was the wrong colour. Went back in AGAIN to return it. Tried to order the blind THE THIRD TIME and now I'm told that the blinds are no longer available in the colour I wanted. Is anyone else starting to hate Sears the way I do?
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

YES!!!

They did the same thing to me this year.
    1st
    They lost my order for my brother and family.
    Needless to say all they did was credit my Visa and I had to place the order online again. Over course it was late arriving, and some of the gifts I had originally ordered were no longer available.
    2nd
    The gift that my Dad bought for Hubby, got sent to Saskatchewan, and he only received it a week ago because it ended up back order when he was told to reorder.
    3rd
    I ordered 2 sets of Bratz Air Walkers for my girls, and we received 2 Diego Lego set instead, and once again was told they would credit my CC but I would have to re order again.

I tell you, there is no major competition for Sears and it frustrates me!!!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I e-mailed Sears to complain, and I just got an e-mail back. This is part of what they said:

" We have directed this important issue to our Corporate Customer Service department whereby one of our specialty agents will be in touch with you to rectify this matter.

Please be advised this department is very busy at this time of year and will reply as soon as possible.

We are looking forward to discussing this matter further and working with you to find a suitable resolution."

So we'll se what happens.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I just got an e-mail from Sears. Here's part of what they said:

"As a token of apology for the difficulties you have experienced we have requested a gift card be sent to you that you can put towards a replacement. you should receive it in the next couple of weeks."
    So it pays to complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Just to let you know that I complained to Sears now about my tv, which I bought only 3 years ago. The picture tube is going and I told them I'm not happy at all with Sears. Yesterday I received a $25 gift certificate and a $50 from Sears. I guess I'll be buying an LCD tv some time this year, but I don't know if it'll be from Sears!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I shop with sears a lot, we made the mistake of ordering custom cut window shades, there desc doesnt tell you that they count the ends with hardware as part of the shade, there like 2 inches too short on both sides, and thats even after I called to ask how to do them. I measured the width of the window and ordered the width, never knew to add to them.

Of course 'no returns'' on custom cut blinds.

I had one heck of a time with sears last year. We were at the stratford store where a high chair was one sale, my MIL wanted to buy it and they were out. They said they could order her one and have it shipped to sears pick up anywhere.

It never came in.

I called probably about 20 times to Stratford, each time different excuses ''couldnt find the order'' etc etc.
    Finally I had to get snotty and ask for the head of the store. Then things went quickly and suddenly, whooops the highchair is here.
    We had to drive to Stratford and get it, sitting with it was a 25 dollar gc for sears.

Still didnt take away my fustration though.

I do like sears, but sometimes they really mess up!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yah i must admit, sometimes the worst part is being put on hold by SEARS like when i want to through to a department they have put me on hold sometimes for more then ten minutes! it's darn right frustrating!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't used the mail order catalogue very often, but once when my brother sent me something they sent it back. When I called to find out what had happened, they said that they only call the house once, and they don't leave a message if no one answers the phone. Then, if no one picks the package up within a certain length of time, they send it back. I can't really see that being standard policy, but it is what the store here told me at the time. It's left me a bit sour on Sears, but I do realize that it probably was human error rather than company error.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No direct complaints about Sears, I don't usually buy stuff there.

I am glad however to see the stories from people who have taken the time to complain.

It is too easy to get frustrated and annoyed, and blow a gasket, the trick is to remain calm, getting too nasty with CSR's isn't going to get you anything.

Remember not to pussyfoot around either, if you call to complain only, then do that and end it. If you are calling for some restitution, then don't beat around the bush, come out and ask for what it is you want, if it reasonable then you'll likely get it, if it isn't they'll usually tell you what they can do for you. Companies who are on the ball usually offer something before you get to this point.

Again it is about being reasonable. It is also about customer retention, if they want you to stay a customer it is easy to give out some sort of freebie, a coupon, or gift card.

Way to go!

Thread Information