• 4 Post By Sally888
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By carlyincanada
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: very frustrated with shoppers

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

A few nights ago I came across a zeno acne device at shoppers for 39.99 marked down from 225.00, I've wanted one for awhile so i bought it and rushed home to try it. Upon reading the instructions I plugged it in to charge ( says it takes up to 6 hours) went to bed, ran some errands, came home and it still wasnt charger! we're talking 12+ hours at this point. I put everything back in the box to take it back to shoppers. The person at the cosmetics counter said that they cant return it even though I have the receipt and it was bought a day ago because it was on clearance. BUT she did feel the need to mention that this was a common problem with these devices which is why they are being cleared out! Um what? so they knew that a product was defective but sold it anyway then refuse to take it back once a customer notices. Im at a loss as Ive tried to take it back to 3 shoppers loactions in my area.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your shoppers situation, I would sure be frustrated too!!! Is there are sign that states no refund on clearance items? I would really fight for this. Did you ask to speak to the manager, even if you got a shoppers gift card/instead of your money back. Maybe call there head office. Good luck with your shoppers frustration.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I didnt know they wouldnt take back clearance? Ive returned clearance items with no problem. Do they have this posted somewhere? I would call head office!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Get the name of the cashier you spoke to( as she told you why they were being cleared out), speak to the manager and the owner of that particular store and tell them that unless something is done that day , that you will go to the head office. Remember to mention the name of the cashier. Keep at it as the squeak wheel gets the grease.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Pretty shady to knowingly sell something broken, then refuse to take it back!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? They might just pass the buck, but you never know.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Also sorry to hear about this frustration! doesn't sound right to me either...

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? They might just pass the buck, but you never know.
    I would also suggest talking to the manufacturer. I wouldn't mention the stores wouldn't take it back, just mention it won't charge properly, and see what they say. Good luck.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

SDM eh? Why am I not surprised? Oh I agree with wolfwoman , squeaky wheel them to death! Head Office will get you a refund you can bet on that!
    okgirl and princesskimmi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Demand a refund or call the BBB!!! (better business bureau) ugh!! SC sure is lacking at SDM lately!
    walkonby likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would contact there head office and tell them the situation or email them. I would then also say that I am sure the media would like to know that when shoppers has a product that doesn't work, instead of telling their customers they put it on clearance and then when it doesn't work (which they know it wont) the customer is unable to get then money back. See how quick they act.
    okgirl likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

If she would have told me they were clearing them out because of the defect I would have had to stop my head from spinning!!! And I would have cause a scene until I recieved my money back. That's pretty sneaky!!

Call head office I wouldn't even waste my breath with the store manager I am mad for you. What a rip off/con artist thing to do!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I haven't been shopping at SDM lately, they give me too hard of a time over really stupid things. I don't use a lot of coupons, but I have for years bought GCs to buy bus passes. Awhile back they gave me a very hard time about using GCs to buy transit passes, had to contact head office to straighten them out.

And their policy on electronics is, if you buy it, open it and it doesn't work, once you've opened it it's no longer their problem. That's BS. Hope you get your cash back.
    Last edited by Zonny; Fri, Apr 13th, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information