User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stupid walmart!! *updated!*

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    okay you gotta tell me what you think.

Today I was at Walmart and I found those lysol no touch kitchen systems for 9.97. with that 3.50 off coupon thats a pretty good deal right? thats what I thought!! even better there is BONUS refill in the package! it says on the package WITH BONUS REFILL.
    AWESOME!! so Im at the check out and the lysol rings in at 12.98 I said oh the sign says 9.97...SCOP!!! so she calls the customer service lady over and she goes to look at the display, comes back and says these are 12.98 the ones without the BONUS refill are 9.97....( apparently the single ones were on the other side and I didnt see them. One price on the display..there was no 12.98 ANYWHERE) so I said...Your CHARGING extra for a BONUS in the pack from lysol? Does lysol know your doing this?
    I ended up not getting either one just out of principle...and I told her I would be in contact with lysol to let them know that walmart is charging extra for LYSOL'S BONUS to their customers.
    was I just being unreasonable or does this sound just as STUPID to any of you too?
    stupid walmart...this is why I usually dont bother making the extra long trip to get there....
    Wondering if the employees stocking the shelf made a mistake.
    Wondering if the employees with the pricing gun made a mistake.

Either way, they are confusing customers.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I've had bonus packs ring in for more than the regular. One in mind was Q-tips at RCSS. The reason I was given was that the "sale" was on the regular only. The bonus pack would normally be the same price as the regular pack. I picked up my bonus pack in the "sale" place so they gave it to me for the sale price. The sku did not match the sale price sku. So I think it matters when they get the stock and whether one is on sale.

I've also had this problem buying the face cream with bonus at SDM. It rang in much more than the cream without bonus. I asked what was going on and the answer was that the mfg was sponsoring the sale, but only on the regular stock, not the bonus pack. Go figure.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes the bonus thing is tricky to some walmart cashiers.
    My situation a little different.
    Went to buy cover girl liquid cover up. there was just the bottle, and then there was the bottle with a free mascara attached. Same price, so of course I grabbed the one with a free mascara.
    The cashier said she could not let me use the $3 off coupon because the product came with a bonus. according to her you cannot use coupons with bonus products!!! lol
    I explained that the bottle of cover up was the same price as the one with the FREE mascara, and that is like saying you can't use a coupon on cereal because there is a toy in the box!
    She huffed and puffed and rolled her eyes at me, and then began raising her voice!
    I asked to speak to a manager, so the manager comes, and before I could even speak to him, she starts yelling at him that "she can't use a coupon, because its a bonus product" and just went off!
    The manager tried to explain to the cashier to honor the coupon as if to just pacify me. but the cashier kept yelling, and sucking her teeth.
    I explained to the manager that not only was the coupon issue ridiculous, but being yelled at and treated like that by a walmart employee was disturbing!
    He looks at me and says what do you want me to do?
    Frustrated I said "Your Job! is that too much to ask?" I left me entire FULL cart right there, and told him I would not be shopping at his location ever again, and will be speaking to head office.
    How do you let an employee not only yell at customers, but yell at you the manager, and cower like a mouse from her? How was she allowed to keep her job? This was a grown woman acting like a tantruming teen that I was stealing from!

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by dakota2001 View Post
    Yes the bonus thing is tricky to some walmart cashiers.
    My situation a little different.
    Went to buy cover girl liquid cover up. there was just the bottle, and then there was the bottle with a free mascara attached. Same price, so of course I grabbed the one with a free mascara.
    The cashier said she could not let me use the $3 off coupon because the product came with a bonus. according to her you cannot use coupons with bonus products!!! lol
    I explained that the bottle of cover up was the same price as the one with the FREE mascara, and that is like saying you can't use a coupon on cereal because there is a toy in the box!
    She huffed and puffed and rolled her eyes at me, and then began raising her voice!
    I asked to speak to a manager, so the manager comes, and before I could even speak to him, she starts yelling at him that "she can't use a coupon, because its a bonus product" and just went off!
    The manager tried to explain to the cashier to honor the coupon as if to just pacify me. but the cashier kept yelling, and sucking her teeth.
    I explained to the manager that not only was the coupon issue ridiculous, but being yelled at and treated like that by a walmart employee was disturbing!
    He looks at me and says what do you want me to do?
    Frustrated I said "Your Job! is that too much to ask?" I left me entire FULL cart right there, and told him I would not be shopping at his location ever again, and will be speaking to head office.
    How do you let an employee not only yell at customers, but yell at you the manager, and cower like a mouse from her? How was she allowed to keep her job? This was a grown woman acting like a tantruming teen that I was stealing from!

now this is just me...and Im not usually like this...but I would have jumped over the counter and punched her right in the face!!! lol
    I can take a lot of crap from people...but when someone is out right rude to my face...they deserve what they get. What a pathetic manager. She should have been fired right then and there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I often see stores charging more for bonus packs and I agree that it's wrong. I've never bought one that was more expensive because I don't think I should be paying for the bonus.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

maybe they weren't charging more... they just had the non-bonus ones at a reduced price?

perhaps 12.97 is the msrp, regardless of whether it has a bonus or not.
    IF there are 2 dif upc's, then maybe they just reduced the prices on the single ones.

i'm glad you were able to find the better price at a dif store
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

they did just reduce the price of the single packs. b/c i bought a bonus a couple of weeks ago and they were both the same price when i bought mine. watch the roll backs to. i monitored a tv for a while this is what i saw. reg price 150, roll back 140, after roll back 160 clearance 130. At walmart sometimes it's better to wait for clearance stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information