User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stupid walmart!! *updated!*

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

okay you gotta tell me what you think.

Today I was at Walmart and I found those lysol no touch kitchen systems for 9.97. with that 3.50 off coupon thats a pretty good deal right? thats what I thought!! even better there is BONUS refill in the package! it says on the package WITH BONUS REFILL.
    AWESOME!! so Im at the check out and the lysol rings in at 12.98 I said oh the sign says 9.97...SCOP!!! so she calls the customer service lady over and she goes to look at the display, comes back and says these are 12.98 the ones without the BONUS refill are 9.97....( apparently the single ones were on the other side and I didnt see them. One price on the display..there was no 12.98 ANYWHERE) so I said...Your CHARGING extra for a BONUS in the pack from lysol? Does lysol know your doing this?
    I ended up not getting either one just out of principle...and I told her I would be in contact with lysol to let them know that walmart is charging extra for LYSOL'S BONUS to their customers.
    was I just being unreasonable or does this sound just as STUPID to any of you too?
    stupid walmart...this is why I usually dont bother making the extra long trip to get there....

okay so I went to the walmart in Port Moody when all this happened. Tonight we went to the walmart in New West and the lysol kitchen systems were sitting under a sign that said 9.97. There were single packs AND bonus packs there. I took a bonus pack to the scanner and it scanned in at 9.97.
    Stupid POrt Moody.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by misstarbender; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: update

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Not stupid, I do it all the time. You are only doing what Wally signed up for and I would contact Lysol some times those bonus pack have the same UPC so always chek that out as it should be the same product.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bonus packages normally have a different sku#. Some stores, not sure whether Walmart is one of them, need to verify that the codes match in order to issue the scop.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

but do you find it wrong that wal mart is charging $2 more for lysol's bonus to their consumers? thats the part that irked me...I have no problem paying for the product as I was planning to buy it anyway...but not so that wal mart can make extra $$ off me...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    but do you find it wrong that wal mart is charging $2 more for lysol's bonus to their consumers? thats the part that irked me...I have no problem paying for the product as I was planning to buy it anyway...but not so that wal mart can make extra $$ off me...
    Maybe they bought different stock. Prices can fluctuate for things. Were you calm when you dealt with this customer service clerk? Sometimes people will go out of their way NOT to help if they feel like they are being disrespected in any way. Human nature, I guess. I wouldn't go back to that Walmart if they aren't giving you good customer service.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

ya I was totally calm...I even gave the cashier two $5 shower SB shower sprayer coupons because she was like wow thats so cheap...Im nice to the people...its not their fault..I save my blow ups for the suits...
    amandalee76 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I for one think you are absolutely right! BONUS means free..... There is no way they should be pricing this differently... I would have called the manager but then again it all depends on how long you've got to spend trying to explain their problem.. No yours! I woud have been totally ticked off too....

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    okay you gotta tell me what you think.

Today I was at Walmart and I found those lysol no touch kitchen systems for 9.97. with that 3.50 off coupon thats a pretty good deal right? thats what I thought!! even better there is BONUS refill in the package! it says on the package WITH BONUS REFILL.
    AWESOME!! so Im at the check out and the lysol rings in at 12.98 I said oh the sign says 9.97...SCOP!!! so she calls the customer service lady over and she goes to look at the display, comes back and says these are 12.98 the ones without the BONUS refill are 9.97....( apparently the single ones were on the other side and I didnt see them. One price on the display..there was no 12.98 ANYWHERE) so I said...Your CHARGING extra for a BONUS in the pack from lysol? Does lysol know your doing this?
    I ended up not getting either one just out of principle...and I told her I would be in contact with lysol to let them know that walmart is charging extra for LYSOL'S BONUS to their customers.
    was I just being unreasonable or does this sound just as STUPID to any of you too?
    stupid walmart...this is why I usually dont bother making the extra long trip to get there....

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I agree. they should all be the same price. it's ridiculous that they would be different
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know I've been refused a price match because the package contained a bonus (which said something like "provided at no additional cost to the vendor"). I have seen bonus packages at a higher price at WM as well too. I agree, stupid Walmart!!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Wow! That seems so wrong, to charge extra for a bonus. It's a BONUS refill not an EXTRA refill. Bonus to me means free?

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have to agree stupid walmart. If it is a bonus it is free.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Wal-Mart gets bonus products at no extra charge. Some companies put it right on the product (like the Pantene bonus pack I bought last night) .

And I don't even think Wal-Mart should have a SCOP policy because they never honour it anyways.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I always see "bonus" packages selling for more. I don't think it's right. If you are paying for it, it's not a bonus!!! The package will say something, like free gift, or bonus, yet the price is jacked up. It's not a free gift or a bonus if you have to pay more for it than the product without the bonus. I agree with you 100%. I find SDM to be the worst for raising prices for a bonus pack!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post
    Wal-Mart gets bonus products at no extra charge. Some companies put it right on the product (like the Pantene bonus pack I bought last night) .

And I don't even think Wal-Mart should have a SCOP policy because they never honour it anyways.

I have never had a problem getting WM to honour SCOP - if your cashier pretends to know nothing about it (or genuinely does not know, although it should be a part of training), ask to speak to a manager; there is no excuse for a manager not knowing about SCOP when WM is voluntarily a part of it.

I've had a manager try to give me one item free, and the other at regular price when I bought two varieties of a product, claiming that they were the same thing so SCOP only applied to one. I told her that SCOP is based on UPCs, which she obviously knew, but didn't think I'd know. Anyhow, my point being, just insist on talking to a higher-up.

If they indeed refuse to honour it, I think there is a hotline you can call.

OP, you definitely learn something new every day. I honestly never noticed, nor knew that a "bonus" was supposed to be the same price as a package without the bonus - I figured there were allowed to marginally mark it up, which makes little sense when I think about it now; bonus should equal free. I would send an email to HQ.
    Last edited by Aimz; Tue, Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That's definately not right! Not only do bonus packs say BONUS on them but recently most bonus packs I've seen have said "supplied to retailer at no extra cost" right on them!
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information