User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Do you still have a Bell landline phone? Rip off ??????

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have to agree w holly. I always ask for someone higher up the chain. We recently switched from Bell. Our landline is free and so is our PVR...for 2 years
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have seen your post and i want to talk say something about this talk. Well i think parliament have to b take the action of this complain because its really facing problem of the customer. they are not getting the CRTC which is the main problem.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

We are dropping Bell at the end of this month and going with cable and saving lots of money.
    mrsfd likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I dropped my landline about 3 years ago and have been using Magic jack ever since even though there is only 1 person that ever calls my house.

We are primarily a cell phone only household and we are with Bell Mobility. Have been since 2000. Never and I mean NEVER have I had an issue that wasn't resolved immediately and I've only had maybe 3 or 4 small issues with billing in 13 years. The customer service people have always gone above and beyond to rectify the situation quickly.

No I DO NOT work for Bell although it may sound like I do with the raving I just did. I just feel it's fair to offer my great experience with Bell when everyone else has a negative experience. I guess I got lucky.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I hate bell. They are charging me a 10.00 running a line fee each month for internet because I dont have a home phone with them. They didnt even run line they just plugged the thing into my phone jack.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

We only have internet with Bell and pay a $3/month dry loop fee on top of our internet bill since we have no satellite/cable tv or home phone. We've saved quite a bit every month from this and don't miss satellite at all. I can find any tv show I want to watch online for free that I can watch whenever I want, with barely any commercials if any and our Koodo mobile phones are a much better deal than any home phone.
    walkonby likes this.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I do think bell is rip off, but for now I don't know if I can live without this costly landline, because my home security system has to run on a landline. But like others say, call them to ask for a discount, you don't even need to say you're switching to other company, I called them in Jan, and my bills went down by over $60 this month for all 3 services I have with them, (TV, internet and home phone), I'm happy with it so far, the only thing I don't like is they don't offer unlimited internet, you need to pay extra for going over which sucks.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babyluck View Post
    I do think bell is rip off, but for now I don't know if I can live without this costly landline, because my home security system has to run on a landline. But like others say, call them to ask for a discount, you don't even need to say you're switching to other company, I called them in Jan, and my bills went down by over $60 this month for all 3 services I have with them, (TV, internet and home phone), I'm happy with it so far, the only thing I don't like is they don't offer unlimited internet, you need to pay extra for going over which sucks.
    I have unlimited internet with bell?
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babyluck View Post
    I have the same issue with my alarm company so I need the land line $14.95 a month basic.

Bell is offering unlimited internet now also.

I have had many problems with them over the years but NEVER speak to a regular CS agent always ask for the LOYALTY DEPARTMENT right away.

I hate their satellite package bullying though, I wish we could change but it's not feasable. Plus I loathe Videotron. They are on my hit list.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

New unlimited internet service.

http://www.bell.ca/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bell is evil. Their cs scammed my sister in law into signing a contract via email that cost mega bucks to cancel and she never had a bill that was what they were promised. My mom is still has a rotary line with them because it would cost my mom to switch.

Their cell plans are ridiculous. With Wind, I get unlimited everything (talk, text, data, North America long distance) for $40. Bell doesn't even have a package like that. The closest one is $95 for unlimited local talk and text and 5 gb of data.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There's some kinda problem round here with the lines and Bell reckons it's gonna be late Thursday evening before it's back... Ho-hum!

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Landline back...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    When you call Bell, the agents who answer at the call center don't have the authority to do anything. Everything has to be by the script written for them. The very first time you request something and they tell you NO, get their name and employee number, the ask to speak to there supervisor. I'm not putting these guy's down, they just can't authorize anything. If you get a NO from the supervisor, do the same thing, name and employee number, then ask for their manager. They will typically tell you their manager isn't in, just tell them thats fine, I will expect a call back from them within the next 24 hours, give them the best number to reach you at and wait for the call. Typically the manager miraculously appears and returns your call within an hour or so. I have done this in the past, probably at least 4 times and have ALWAYS gotten what I wanted. The satellite/cable/phone/cell world is very competative and they know it. Just remember that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar! As far as the bill going up and up and us not adding any new services, what I have found lately is that (at least with Shaw) they will offer everyone a FREE TRIAL on whatever (a new tv channel, a new phone feature). At the end of the trial period, instead of us having to call and add that feature if we want it, they now add it automatically, and if you DON'T want it, you have to call and cancel it within 10 days or you need to give them 30 days notice. I check my bill very carefully every month, and having had that happen, always have to go through the chain of command, but do get it cancelled, have all fees reversed and they even give me something for my time We have to use Bell for our satelite on our RV as it works in Texas, Florida or anywhere in between. They will refund or do the changes you want, if you are reasonable, you just have to get the correct person.

Sorry to all of you that are having issues with them. I watched a program not to long ago and Bell is being forced to pay back hundreds of thousands of dollars to customers with respect to a different fee they had on their bills that was illegal. Makes a person wonder doesn't it.

I'm thinking there must be different rules for different Bell departments. My husband had worked for Bell for years in their billing department He said when people call in, he can pretty much take anything he wants off their bill, and make anything he wants free for up to 3 years, no authorization or supervisor needed.

Also to OP, my parents are through bell and they also do not have a touch tone phone, it's the kind that you dial around in a circle, and they love it haha.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tmlskk01 View Post
    I have unlimited internet with bell?
    So do I. You're in NS aren't you? I'm pretty sure that all of the Maritimes is unlimited with Bell, but it's different in central and western Canada I guess..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information