User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: clever or sly?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Actually I would like to correct everyone..first off she did not abuse the coupon...the coupon specifically said except the 250 ml bottle....she did not get that size...so it was not coupon abuse..it was an error on pricematching....there are many Walmart who do not checks the sizes nor do they care and that is how Walmart gets alot of their business....so everyone should stop bashing her....there was no coupon abuse...and WTG on your shop

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm not sure why you would ask for the opinion of others. Those who think its ok will say its clever, those who think its wrong will call it sly... I have a rule of thumb when I shop for clothes.. if I ask someone what they think of what I've tried on, I don't buy it. I either like it or I don't.. if I'm uncertain , it means I won't feel good in it and I won't wear it.. it all boils down to what YOU THINK>. how you feel about it when you lay down to sleep.. I don't base my choices on what others think.. I base them on what I think ...
    Tantum, GeorgiaK, Mich649 and 1 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

well put MillieH

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

well i undertstand that all you ppl are upset and telling her that she did wrong - however she didnt know and they clearly gave her the green light to use it and do so so there should be no reason for all of you to bash her like this- she was nice enought to be happy to post this brag from all to see and you just are bashing her for asking for clarification from fellow SCers i think if you want to give her points be nice about telling her dont bash her and her lucky score. we all know that every store and every person is different and gets different deals so deal with it. and remember you can always try doing this deal your self and see if you have any luck as like she said theres no size in the paper and if you feel as though your doing wrong by your coupon then go to canadian tire to verify what the correct size is so that you know if you can do the deal or not and not feel like your doing wrong cuz you know that there is now size in the paper to do a price match.... and to stefaniea17 GREAT JOB AND GOOD SALE SCORE...

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i wasnt going to stop at canadian tire to check to make sure. would you?
    just an FYI for later. If you go to the Canadian Tire webpage and type in any store number out of their flyer it will bring you right to the product they are advertising. Same goes for alot of retailers like Sears, Future Shop, Walmart.....anyone that provides a store number (and sometimes also a Manufacturers model number)

So no need to stop into stores for this kind of information.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Sorry, I have to agree with Diane S here. Only because if you were to go to CT and purchase the item vim that was on sale, you would not be able to use the coupon on it. If you were to take the item you purchased to WM and say, I would like to price match this item to CT, they would say sure, but you cannot use the coupon on it as that is not the correct size.The OP said she "wanted to use her coupon" thats why they went to WM.

I'm not bashing anyone, everyone has to listen to their inner voice. If you can live with what you did, by all means....
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Actually I would like to correct everyone..first off she did not abuse the coupon...the coupon specifically said except the 250 ml bottle....she did not get that size...so it was not coupon abuse..it was an error on pricematching....there are many Walmart who do not checks the sizes nor do they care and that is how Walmart gets alot of their business....so everyone should stop bashing her....there was no coupon abuse...and WTG on your shop
    I was coming here to clarify this. All these people with a pickle up their bums whinning that she abused a coupon when she clearly did not. She bought the exact item/size the coupon specified therefore WM WILL get their money back. What may or may not of been correct was price matching it to the canadian tire flyer that did not specify a size.

MY walmart WILL allow me to price match something whether the size is specified or not. If its not specified they just let me get whatever, so yes they would allow me to do the same thing the OP did.

Also, I think some people are missing something here, the OP definitely is not the only one who has cashed in on this freebie, I'm sure LOADS of others on SC have, they just won't brag about it because there are so many negative haters out there.

I've learnt that even when you post a brag in which you did every single little thing "correct" and by the books you get haters who just come and are jealous, thus why I refrain from posting on the brag boards as much as possible.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Well said PurpleBunny89

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

wow, talking about all the haters here!!! sooooo for next time i wanna go and pm...

i will first have to go to the store that i am pm check the price and size to make sure i do it right (since the store did not advertise the size)

then leave the store (make sure i wrote it somewhere otherwise i may have to go back )

go to the store (most likely WM) i am pm at and make sure i pull out my paper and find the correct size and color.... of the product i am getting, oh oh oh before i forget make sure the picture matches the product i am getting !!!!

Then go to cashier and tell them "here is the flyer i am pm and here is the piece of paper i wrote the size and make sure i got the same color, since the store i am pm with DID NOT ADVERTISE THE SIZE"

hehehe oh well very clever...i can imagine my inbox after this post
    Totter, PurpleBunny89 and mesta like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

lol

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

First of all she did NOT abuse the coupon! OP I see your a newbie so here's some advice...be careful what you post in this brag section, if I ever get a deal like this I would never post it on here because of all the hate you're going to get. Also like someone else posted before it's not what people think is right or wrong but its all up to you and your opinion..and I'm sure you're not the only SC who has done this.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ***Kimura*** View Post
    Congratulations, you just abused a coupon. Obviously its bad.
    She did not abuse the coupon...abusing the coupon would be using the coupon on the wrong product or the size is excludes. OP did not do this. You could say she abused the Walmart's PM policy but not the coupon

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I don't think anyone posting not in favor of the OP's actions is a "hater" here. Am I the only one who read that she asked a question and received honest answers from both sides?
    hollyquaiscer and MamaF like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

So .. If I understand correctly ..

1. CT has vim & palmolive on sale for $1.00 - no size specifed
    2. P&G coupon states "NO SMALL SIZE"

So according to her comment she wanted to use her coupon and SHE DID ACKNOWLAGED that the size being sold at CT was the small size .. and still decided to go and PM at WM for hte bigger size for the price of the small .. I personally think this incorrect .. but each one has a different idea .. I think would have been diferent if she DID NOT KNOW the size being sold at CT ..

I think you scored a good deal .. and congrats on that ... but even tho it was the companies mistakes (CT for not advertising size and WM for PM without really knowing) I think what you did was wrong just because you acknowladge the sizes.

I'm not a hater and I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings .. is just that I'm honest when using coupons in order to be able to defend myself when a Manager or a cashier attacks me regarding using coupons !

Happy Shopping !!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information