User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kamloops Daily News Thursday Mega Paper

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I am going to vent because I have had it up to here about the greed that I am seeing in the Kamloops areas. I went this morning to get a free copy of the Kamloops Daily News that comes out on Thurdays because I don't get it delivered to my house. I went to 4 DIFFERENT BOXES and all of the papers were gone and what was left was destroyed. GROW UP PEOPLE. These papers are NOT for you to take all of them because you want the Canadian Tire Cards and the Smart Source coupons from. They are for people who do not normally get the paper. By you taking all of the papers you have prevented other people from being able to read and enjoy the paper. The coupons are for EVERYONE not just you greedy self-centred you know whats.

Don't bother saying well you should have been out earlier to get the paper. That is BS and you know that. Everyone is entitled to receive a paper that has every flyer, Canadian Tire Card, etc. Not some scraps left behind by some greedy scumbag couponer who thinks of no one else but themselves.

Remember what goes around comes around.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Smart Source
    discojen likes this.
    "The whole value of a dime is in knowing what to do with it" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

A coworker of mine commented the other day that she never sees me coupon anymore. And she's right. It's because I can never find any coupons.

There are a lot of greedy little piggies in this city who will take a whole tearpad or all the inserts or whatever to trade. They don't have 40 people to support, they just take that much to use it as trade leverage. This also applies to peelies. How do you get dozens of huggies peelies ethically? You didn't buy all those boxes and then take the coupons. No, we all know you stole them.

I managed to get three CT scratchcards - one from my paper, and two from the papers delivered to where my mom works for the staff to read. She took them at the end of the day so everyone else had a chance to claim them first, and nobody did. We didn't go digging around in papers that were just put out so we could be greedy guts.

People make me sick. Couponers are honestly starting to make me sick. Remember the good old days where we'd share coupons, talk, get good deals, and actually be able to FIND a coupon here or there?

Then it started becoming a fad and now the greediest 'you know whats' have come out of the woodwork and they're ruining it for all of us. They really do think of nobody but themselves, it's pathetic.

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

totally agree with both of you...i dont get the paper and dont know where the boxes are to even try to get one (not that i would be able to) so i am resoted to buying it and having someone already go through them and take all the inserts, or go down to KDN to get one
    very frustrating
    Last edited by chesterjes; Sun, Mar 4th, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

It is just plain RUDE to strip all the boxes. All of us need to coupon for one reason or another and we should all have access to ALL the coupons.
    "The whole value of a dime is in knowing what to do with it" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

FOR THE RECORD!!! I went to the boxes in valleyview to get a paper! and there were papers in the boxes... but no inserts and no CT cards...... the valleyview papers don't get inserts! in about 6-9 months...i have never seen an insert in those papers... so no one "stole" the inserts.. they just don't come.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Actually yes they do get inserts in the Valleyview Papers. I have been getting my free Thursday Paper from there for a year now and have not had a problem getting a paper with inserts until recently when now I can't even find a paper that is complete. AND FOR THE RECORD...I drove my kids to school Thursday morning...they go to Valleyview...dropped them off and went for a coffee...I saw the gentleman from the Daily news loading the box at the high school just like he does every Thursday am at about the same time...come back from my coffee and wow no papers. Just scraps.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

This is an epidemic across the Country to be honest. Ethical couponing just doesn't happen anymore. I see people knowing using coupons incorrectly and I am just appalled by it. I see them bragging and I'm like - seriously and I call them on it. We have people who show up at our coupon trades from the other coupon websites and 'take all the coupons we bring to trade' and don't pass on any themselves... I now won't attend the coupon swaps because of it...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am patiently awaiting the day it stops being a fad. I am hoping and praying that something else will catch the eye of all these EC-created monsters.

I try so hard to get excited to coupon and just can't anymore because of how hard it is to even do it.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I too am waiting for that day Chantel. I coupon to cut my food bill. I don't coupon to have this huge stockpile of stuff that I can never ever possibly use.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ugh, food. I'm considering packing my things and moving to the US. They're able to get everything for so much cheaper in the first place, then coupons... overage... catalinas... register rewards... Scuse me while I use some of my discounted paper towel to wipe my drool.

They can literally get EVERYTHING for free down there. Dairy, veggies, bread, eggs... the hard stuff, with proper planning.

It hurts me just to think that I have to spend so much on basics.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love my subscription to the Kamloops Daily News....I don't have to put up with any of that nonsense.
    I rarely find tear pad coupons any more....always all gone when I look. Honestly though I have enough cleaners, soap, detergents to last a very long time. The food coupons are generally ones I would never eat in the first place with all my allergies...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree, itchy54. I was excited when I started couponing, now it's all just the same junk all the time because there are only a few brand suppliers putting out coupons, and it's always the same supplies they offer in their coupons. Plus, I like a little more variety in my life when it comes to food.

My couponing has died down a lot because it's lost its excitement.

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think I've saved under 30$ so far this year..my charitable endevors have plummeted bc there aren't enough coupons or diversity of coupons lately :-(
    I have 7 coupons left lol Everything else I've coupon faired over the last couple weeks on local shelves..
    Sad Sigh

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Can anyone get the SOF flyer early???
    Know your body, know your mind. Know your substance, know your source.
    <!-- / sig -->

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got the SOF flyer in my paper today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information