User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: who is taking all the tear pads??????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I agree with lots of points presented in this thread. I don't agree with people stealing tear pads to sell on ebay but i do understand why people go to ebay to get some coupons they need. Its really no different then doing a trade and sometimes thats not an option. I look at some traders wish lists and they are all HV, FPC's or GC's...in exchange for regular coupons. I think thats worse sometimes, totally not fair. I don't think by stopping the sale of coupons on ebay will stop people from stealing tear pads. They will continue to take them to do unreasonable trades on sites like this. This whole thing frustrates me to no end. I'm truly sick and tired of going to stores and the tear pads are gone, i'm about to explode!!! Just don't know what to do anymore..i use to love couponing

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    The point is, if people weren't taking them to sell, we wouldn't need to BUY them at all. The fact of the matter is, one person takes 100, and sells them to us, but if people didnt do that, we'd all be able to get them for free.... in a grocery store.... not an eBay store!!
    And what do you do about the coupons you can't find I your local store(s)/area?
    Or the ones like formula cheques, call ins? How do you get those if you need them badly? You trade?

Lets just agree to disagree. On any given day, there are more people requesting fpcs and HVs on this site than there are overpriced coupon listing on eBay. To each their own I guess.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifeEdmonton View Post
    And what do you do about the coupons you can't find I your local store(s)/area?
    Or the ones like formula cheques, call ins? How do you get those if you need them badly? You trade?

Lets just agree to disagree. On any given day, there are more people requesting fpcs and HVs on this site than there are overpriced coupon listing on eBay. To each their own I guess.
    I dont agree with high trade values either, thats no better than eBay selling. But you can't tell me you agree with someone selling 100 of the same coupon on eBay? I mean, sure they may not be avaiable in your store, and yes you can get them on their fairly cheap.... but what about the people who shop at the sellers local stores?? They don't get to even get 1 because of the sellers taking them all.
    renegado and anastasia1009 like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Metro at Trinity in Brampton picked clean All I found were Dove and Smuckers and lots of empty backings....

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I dont agree with high trade values either, thats no better than eBay selling. But you can't tell me you agree with someone selling 100 of the same coupon on eBay? I mean, sure they may not be avaiable in your store, and yes you can get them on their fairly cheap.... but what about the people who shop at the sellers local stores?? They don't get to even get 1 because of the sellers taking them all.
    I don't think you can pin that on eBay sellers entirely. What about the show? The exploding popularity of couponing! Swaps, Facebook, smart Canucks, etc... It is popular enough to attract anyone who wants to make and/or save a buck or two. All you need is 10 couponers living in the same area, taking 10 coupons each and they're gone! Don't get me wrong, I am no fool, I have encountered ladies with no scruples, taking more than that. I guess what I'm trying to say is lets stop throwing stones and passing judgment, adapt and overcome. Times are changing and all the bi$&@ing ain't gonna change anything. Coupons are free, I don't care giving 3 cents to someone who found them first (good job!) they are not making a living with that I can guarantee you! Once their fees, postage, fuel and precious time is compensated LOL
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Thu, May 24th, 2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: *removed competitor site names

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

" Adapt and overcome"! Agreed
    couponmamaof03 and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I don't think you can pin that on eBay sellers entirely. What about the show? The exploding popularity of couponing! Swaps, Facebook, smart Canucks, mrs January, grocery alerts, etc... It is popular enough to attract anyone who wants to make and/or save a buck or two. All you need is 10 couponers living in the same area, taking 10 coupons each and they're gone! Don't get me wrong, I am no fool, I have encountered ladies with no scruples, taking more than that. I guess what I'm trying to say is lets stop throwing stones and passing judgment, adapt and overcome. Times are changing and all the bi$&@ing ain't gonna change anything. Coupons are free, I don't care giving 3 cents to someone who found them first (good job!) they are not making a living with that I can guarantee you! Once their fees, postage, fuel and precious time is compensated LOL
    I totally agree with ArmyWifeEdmonton. At one time it was easy to use coupons but now there are so many conditions. But we learned to change to those conditions and carried on. Now there is another change to couponing and we have to once again change if we want to use coupons. Right or wrong, that is up to each individual to decide. That's just the way it is.
    Aimz and couponmamaof03 like this.

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Same here but I live in a small town and the Co-Op is the only grocery here. I moved here and the cachiers/managers didnt know how to deal with coupons because no one coupons in this area, so all the tear pads are barely touched. Still I only take a few and the pads are still there a few weeks later

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    no one takes all the tear pads where I live. I can go to the store take a couple coupons off a tear pad..and there is ALWAYS lots around, and then go back to the store a week or so later and there will STILL be coupons on that pad!!!
    and not just one store! all the stores! I can think of 4 right now that are all walking distance from my house that I can go and I know those coupons will be there...its nice I dont have to fight with greedy people for coupons!!
    amandalee76 likes this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why is it any different than trading or joining trains!?
    You're right, it's not different. Selling on ebay is a small step beyond trading on a site like SC. For some people, buying on ebay is a more convenient way to acquire coupons. As long as this is the case, the coupon sellers will continue to operate, if not prosper.

The person selling the coupons to me has access to coupons I can't find
    But she is denying that access to other shoppers at the store the manufacturer wanted the coupons placed in.

There are all kinds of couponers, different people, different needs, different resources, background, etc. Many claim to give their extras to charity even. Where is the tolerance and compassion?
    There is no question of tolerance. As you say, there is nothing we can do. So we have no choice but to be tolerant. As for compassion, though, where is the ebay seller's compassion for the people whom she is denying the opportunity to take a coupon from one the tearpads that she helped herself to?

understand that the person(s) who took the coupons before I could get any, needs the savings as much, if not more, than me.
    Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. We don't know. But is it up to her to decide that her need is greater than yours or mine or the next person's?

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Yeah people like this seller:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CANADA-COUPON...#ht_500wt_1069

are really just looking to help out their fellow couponers
    dariusz8 likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

wow I can't believe someone would pay that much for those coupons. its not even worth it and you won't be saving much in the long run. that person is only trying to make a profit and not helping others

JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

lol Bid is $8 for $7.50 worth of coupons, in addition to $1 shipping... what are these people thinking

this type of earnings sure encourage more tearpads to disappear

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. We don't know. But is it up to her to decide that her need is greater than yours or mine or the next person's?
    And there's the rub with the whole argument about what a 'fair' number to take is....I know a lot of people don't have compassion, don't give a hoot about the next person, and just plain suck. But the reality of my situation is that I don't know anything really about the person(s) who beat me to the tear pad. And so I don't get make that call about need, either.

At the end of the day, I will deal with trading for coupons, or simply going without, if it means I don't persecute an innocent person who truly needs the assistance.

After today, I think I'm done with this topic.
    Last edited by iceblueraven; Wed, May 23rd, 2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    sharkie likes this.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Thats just crazy! They are paying more than the coupons are worth?? Now try and explain THAT one to me.

Insane, Dinobuzz and lealgen like this.
    ~ New Coupon Binders & Totes coming soon!! Contact me or visit my Etsy shop www.reuseitartsandcrafts.etsy.com ~

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My thoughts exactly....it doesn't make sense.....I just looked at the seller's other auctions as well....insert coupons? Geez....one auction is up to $12!!!! Hope there's no shill-bidding going on!

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    lol Bid is $8 for $7.50 worth of coupons, in addition to $1 shipping... what are these people thinking

this type of earnings sure encourage more tearpads to disappear
    amandalee76 likes this.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information