Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Miss_April likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    The question asked was do you believe? Not lets see what we can say to bash other ppls beliefs. Priests in my church MUST be married to become priests, they have a wife and children - my church (religion) has never been accused of the things some churches have. You cannot condemn religion as a whole bc a few bad apples. There is 200+ religions out there and not all are what you make them out to be.
    Why are you trying so hard to make it seem that those who believe in God are all bad? You do or you don't and that's it...to each his own.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    If religion is going to be bashed because of a few bad apples then so should the school system, doctors and any other institution that hires people who abuse their position of authority.
    All I know is that my life has been filled with one wonderful experience after another and all from my faith. Even, correction especially during the tough times. And that is not a judgement just a statement of my experience.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't believe you have to be a Christian to be a good person or do charitable works. It's in all of us to do those things. It's our choice to act on it.
    In regards to children, it is a parents responsibility to instill in their child whatever they think is best. But it is a mistake to think you are raising your child "without religious belief". Having no religion can be a "religion unto itself" as many vehement, I dare say "angry" comments on this thread have shown.
    Some have mentioned they get upset when people (even other children) talk to their kids about God. . . and these one's seem to have hurried to correct the situation. . . . so in fact, you are passing down your beliefs and that is your right.

In regards to Christian religions that have claimed to represent God. The bible is quite clear that they are and will be held responsible. It refers to these ones as bloodguilty and their sins have amassed to the heavens. I agree with all that are disgusted. It's revolting.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    but 666 is a devil number???!!!!?!?!?!
    I have a friends who's birthday is 06/6/1976

I call her the devil reborn

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    so veevee is the one to take the conversation to a childish level. that's my cue to leave. have fun.

That kind of sucks , I feel as strongly as you do and disagree with all of what is being said on the pro-god side but please leave my friend Veevee alone.

It just goes to show you we have a long way to go and the OP was very clever and knew this sh*t would happen and Sally was right. Yes I said it.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Name:  dramallama-meme-generator-drama-llama-pops-in-96a689.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  29.2 KB
    abbasgirl, Natalka, lekate and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    Name:  dramallama-meme-generator-drama-llama-pops-in-96a689.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  29.2 KB

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Why is it you feel that way xox2010?
    Well, I feel like science has advanced enough to show that we descended from the same ancestor as apes. I also believe in natural selection. However, I used to go to church as a kid up until my early teens, and I always felt much more at peace. So, I feel like we were placed on earth by a higher creator, but instead of us being physically 'created' it was designed so that we would evolve. Does that make sense?
    I also believe in angels, possibly demons and the afterlife.
    Last edited by xox2010; Fri, Apr 13th, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Well, I feel like science has advanced enough to show that we descended from the same ancestor as the apes. I also believe in natural selection. However, I used to go to church as a kid up until my early teens, and I always felt much more at peace. So, I feel like we were placed on earth by a higher creator, but instead of us being physically 'created' it was designed so that we would evolve. Does that make sense?
    I also believe in angels, possibly demons and the afterlife.
    I can understand why you feel that way. It doesn't really seem that there's any solid proof about descending from the apes (or somthing like that) though. For example, all in the animal kingdom are drivin by instinct. . .in otherwards you could say almost programmed from birth what to do, what to eat, where to go. . . .but humans have to be "taught" these things and they have much more intellectual/emotional capabilities that make them stand out from each other. . . animals of each species basically do the same as all the others (of course they all have their own personalities which I love) Humans invent, create, haave a vast higher learning capability. . . .and of course there's the age old (pardon the pun) point that if we were evolving, why did we stop?

The real biggie, which you identified yourself. . .is humans are alone in all the species that have a spiritual need. . .wether it be religion or connecting with nature or connecting with one's inner self. . . (I'm sure I haven't covered them all but you know what I mean)
    That's what makes You different. .

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

If ppl ask this question, I've always avoided answering it . After reading this thread, I'm questioning if that's always been because I simply don't know the answer. I guess if I had to put a term to my beliefs, I'd say I am an agnostic who respects and appreciates the ability to objectively learn about other beliefs without judgment...as long as it's not forced upon me. I don't think any one belief is better or more right than another. Religion aside, there's bad to be found in all and I choose to avoid that. More importantly, there's also good to be found in all and that's what I consciously draw upon to help enrich my life and of those around me .
    DH666, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i don't not belive in god.. there's my two cents, analyze that one
    anisa, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    i don't not belive in god.. there's my two cents, analyze that one
    I doughnut believe in god

Name:  god_donut_by_carrotdwarf-d46ip20.png
Views: 86
Size:  69.7 KB
    lekate, DH666, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Another thought...don't you find that a question such as the one posed by the OP makes us focus on our differences rather than our commonalities as is demonstrated by many of the replies to this thread? While I appreciate the uniqueness of individuals, I feel the focus on differences is only useful to set us further apart and can potentially create an environment of hostility. Sadly, we see that in the world around us every day. If there is a deity, I would like to believe that would not be His/Her/Its intention.
    Last edited by snuffaluffagus; Fri, Apr 13th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Lynn49, lekate and walkonby like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    I can understand why you feel that way. It doesn't really seem that there's any solid proof about descending from the apes (or somthing like that) though.
    There is plenty of solid proof. There is no question that evolution exists. There was a moth in England that was light in colour before the industrial revolution, but it changed to a darker colour after coal was used extensively and soot covered it's environment. Later, ehen coal was not used as much and the soot removed from the moth's environment, it reverted back to its original colour. That is just one of millions of examples occuring all the time.
    lekate, DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I went to a Catholic school and they still encouraged other religious leaders to come in and talk to us about their beliefs, so that we could respect other religions and not buy into the 'all xyz are bad'. I remember being fairly young and them explaining why Buddhist monks take a vow of silence or why Sikh's wear turbans. Personally, I found it made us more aware and respectful of other religions than many atheists are (yes, I am fully aware many does not cover all atheists and that not all schools are as liberal in teaching about other religions)
    xox2010 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information